Dafne Cejas

Agree with you guys, she's quite a crossover girl with some slight commercial features (in the best way!)

^You are! Don't know why this was posted here anyway.

But I disagree with you saying she embodies androgyny or (former) Supreme Management's vision that much. Judging by her polaroids she looks like she could do some sensual seductive stuff. You know? That Eva Mendes thing if there wasn't the w-word.

^Yes, agree with Marcel, i might not share the same opinion with Model Whisperer, but it's an opinion and just because she's not that much into her doesn't necerssarily mean she hates her, oh well.... :lol:

How is it we haven't heard yet about Dafne (concerning campaigns...)? I'm so looking forward to seeing more of her. If not Givenchy or any other a class campaign, then some decent editorial work and a nive deal of overexpore. Her VI story with Steven Klein was beyond epic.

BTW Still no clue who her motherageny is? Maud/Penny maybe? Or sb else? Does she even have one:(?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why everyone thinks a 'model' should only be within one spectrum. Androgyny is a breathe of fresh air seeing as the model boards are so saturated with blond/blue eyed Russian princesses.

She doesn't even look that Androgynous to me.

dafne.jpg

lovemagazineblog.wordpress

hmm after seeing this polaroid, i'm not sure anymore, at all. There's still something very striking, though.

^ I feel the same. I'm not ready to write her off completely, but I haven't quite decided on her.

^But what's the problem? I don't get it. If there's one industry in the world that should celebrate and praise different types of beauty its the fashion industry. Shouldn't we be excited that she doesn't look like everyone else (even if she's not your type of girl)?

I just don't see the point of all this negativity; it's so futile and wasteful. But coming from you Model Whisperer, I shouldn't be surprised. If you don't like Dafne's look, then don't waste everyone's time with this continued negativity. Yes, it's perfectly fine to express your dislike once, but remember that tFS Community Rule prohibit continued negativity.

And let it begin:

Sebastian Faena takes Dafne Cejas to the streets of her native Argentina for an electric shoot in the newest issue of V. Combining the best pre-fall pieces as chosen by stylist Robbie Spencer, the unique backdrop of Buenos Aires and Dafne’s skill for pulling off even the most dramatic clothes, this story truly packs a punch. Given the strength of her editorial appeal, Dafne is sure to become a go to girl for any story in need of excitement; Faena makes the most of Dafne’s talents and produces some of his most memorable shots to date. Be sure to check out the whole specatcle once V65 hits newsstands!
dfn2-500x748.jpg

v65_sebastian-faena_lr3-500x331.jpg

v65_sebastian-faena_lr5-500x352.jpg

dfn-500x750.jpg

models.com

Oh come onnnnn.
I actually wrote nothing here and wasnt even going to until someone put a quote from my blog and people started criticizing it, yeah maybe what i said is not so nice but i wrote it on my own blog and i don't force anyone to read it or quote it here. Then I asked a question asking why I cant express my opinion on my own blog. I never said i hated her or like wished she burned in hell or something.
And let's be honest last picture is not flattering at all, and I just asked how is it feminine after like 3 people tried to convince me or other people of how special she is.
And now im the negative Nelly.
Whatever

She is total editorial gold. I think Dafne has one of the most unique looks I've seen in years and all the previous similarities I saw diminish with every new picture posted in this thread.

I´m with MW..she didn´t start this discussion... although i ´m completely disagree, because Dafne is absolutely breathtaking!:heart: and everything about her seems to be amazing!!!

I love Dafne's new editorial! :heart: ..so excited to see her future projects :innocent:

uhm there's something about her but I don't like her forehead..too low...

The new editorial looks great, and I´m glad that Faena didn´t shoot in the usual tourist places.

I know that people are entitled to their opinions but I never got why they visit a model´s thread if they don´t really like them... I´m not only talking about you, MW but in general... it always puzzled me lol

Yeah it bothered me too. To me it always came off pretty obnoxiously opinionated, just imo.

But back to Dafne, I love her! I dont care about the polaroids, tons of models have horrible polaroids where they come off really bad. Her work so far has been fantastic. I cant wait to see more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->