Dark Circles and Eye Bags - Treatments and Suggestions

Hey, Are you Dutch! :P

Hey! I'm not :smile: but I used to live in Amsterdam for a bit and then went to Munich and then went around the world and now I'm in LA :0

ps: I'm getting some seriousssss sleep ladies, minimum 8-9 hours... I just disconnected from the world, turned off my Crackberry at night, past 6pm I don't answer any fone calls :wink: and so on! and IT FEELS GOOD!

A couple of months ago I started using this stick by Vichy. It works great for me!!:woot:

V045_L.jpg

Vichyusa.com

If, though, they're a recent thing, there are loads of things you can do to depuff and disguise, such as putting cold camomile teabags over your eyes, cold spoons, cold slices of cucumber...pretty much anything mild and cold will depuff :smile:. shop around for eye creams specifically designed to fade and minimize dark circles and puffiness - there are LOADS around
Yes there is, and none of them work. BTW puffiness is not the same as dark circles. You don't necessarily have puffy eyes just because you're dark around the eyes.

Mine will never go away (hereditary + low kidney function), so I just use a lot of concealer, and that's okay. Dark circles can be cause by liver or kidney disease as well, and a million other things. BF got them when he lost weight.

Yes there is, and none of them work. BTW puffiness is not the same as dark circles. You don't necessarily have puffy eyes just because you're dark around the eyes.

i know that puffiness and dark circles aren't the same thing, that's why i've said puffiness AND dark circles. He has provided a pic and in the pic he looks like he has some slight dark circles and some puffiness too, so i was providing some suggestions for both.

A lot of people have found creams that do work for them. obviously, it depends on the cause of the problem, as if the problem is genetic a cream won't really be able to do anything (as i stated), but for a lot of people the problem is caused by external factors that creams can help combat. My sister swears by Malin+Goetz rice bran eye moisturizer and it makes a visible difference to the state of her undereyes, so whilst maybe none of them work for you, some people experience great result with certain creams and PumaTalk may be one of the lucky ones who does as well!

Im ganna try the cucumber remedy over the weekend, starting tonite! And i'll check back on Monday morning and see if the difference. But so far, Im noticing the dark circles lightening :smile:

I must say that I still do not believe that an eye cream can do anything for you - maybe reduce puffiness, but a cold spoon can do the same. And that is simply because any molecule that would help is too big to penetrate the skin. The only thing that might help is changing your diet and your sleeping habits and getting more exercise.

Im ganna try the cucumber remedy over the weekend, starting tonite! And i'll check back on Monday morning and see if the difference. But so far, Im noticing the dark circles lightening :smile:
5s2yx.jpg

So yah! I know, their small cucumber slices but whatever! Believe it or not, but it worked! The dark area have lightened up big time, there's still just a small bit but im heeling :smile:

Oh - since they were small slices I put like 2-3 slices on each eye lid for 45minutes :innocent:

-Joey

If anybody is looking for a good under eye concealer that provides a bit more coverage than a highlighter like ysl touche eclat, I would suggest Benefit Erase Paste. This stuff is amazing. It's very creamy, blends smoothly & lasts all day. I love it.

I love the benefit Bo-ing Under eye concealer that comes in the realness of concealness kit, I've never had such a good eye concealer that covers but doesn't look obvious or cakey...

has anyone here used/ would reccomend the Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller at all . X

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Almond Oil is supposed to be good for dark circles under eyes.

Has anyone tried Retin-A??

I just bought this Aveda eye makeup remover and it's great, and when I was reading the ingredients I discovered it contains cucumber fruit extract, and chamomile extract.. so I found the answer why my dark circles had gone away! I was amazed how it had improved and I used it like only 5 times. well, of course it may not work for you, and since I have sensitive skin, all I put on my skin is quickly/&greatly absorbed and the results are faster. And I wasn't using any eye cream or putting anything on my eyes, and sleeping 8 hours (typically).

350__1_02003069_2585551.jpg

getprice.com.au

and ps. I thought the cucumber slices were supposed to be thin.

I recently bought Clarins Beauty Flash Eye Revive, does seem to work if applied twice with 5-10 minutes between applications..
Anyone else use this?

Puffiness in the morning, but dark circles were main concern.

Anyone else have these really small thin lines underneath their eyes? It's like wrinkles or something. ****'s bugging me out!

i have some really bad dark circles and i used Cernor XO and they faded a lot but then i had trouble getting it because of customs blah blah blah
so i used another cream my dermatologist suggested but it's not half as good.

Few years ago i tried Avon & it bleached my undereye and eyelashes quite a bit i looked pretty freaky for a while so i have not used any eye creams since then lol

I dont have dark circles anymore but my upper eyelid is totally different shade than my undereyes so that bothers me quite a bit i need to look into eye creams to lighten that...

Since I was about 10-12 I had dark circles, delicate skin, and a little wrinkles under my eyes. It's really frustrating because I can't leave my house without makeup- unless I'm going to Halloween party:lol:. I tried many eye creams/brightening eye rolls and none of them helped me. I guess I have to get used to the dark circles and use only anti wrinkle creams...

Few years ago i tried Avon & it bleached my undereye and eyelashes quite a bit i looked pretty freaky for a while so i have not used any eye creams since then lol

I dont have dark circles anymore but my upper eyelid is totally different shade than my undereyes so that bothers me quite a bit i need to look into eye creams to lighten that...

what cream by Avon did you use?
I wanna try it

Since I was about 10-12 I had dark circles, delicate skin, and a little wrinkles under my eyes. It's really frustrating because I can't leave my house without makeup- unless I'm going to Halloween party:lol:. I tried many eye creams/brightening eye rolls and none of them helped me. I guess I have to get used to the dark circles and use only anti wrinkle creams...

I have exactly the same issue as you :( Being quite pale, the skin below my eyes looks quite thin and almost see-through. I've always been prone to horrible dark-circles but am not very keen on wearing too much foundation. Recently I've started wearing specific under eye cover up although I worry it could be bad for my skin.
At the moment I'm using a reasonably cheap liquid undereye concealer and it's working okay. If anyone has any recommendations for a great, fool-proof under eye concealer it'd be lovely to hear. Does the cold spoon/cucumber remedy really work? I'm going to try it!
Glad I'm not alone with this problem :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"