Dark Hair

I like the idea of going darker, however, I hate when people take the new hair trends too far. It seems like everyone is going brunette and getting bangs. I wish they'd get a mind of their own :rolleyes:

Celebrities were getting bangs faster than I could flip the channel on my tv and it kind of made me sick. While bangs are nice, nobody wants to see everyone on the red carpet looking like little clones of eachother.

I had compliments and questions, "Did you do something to your hair" a week after starting to use Brilliant Brunnete.

:heart:

Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 9th, 2004 - 7:07 pm
That is a pretty decent picture of Nicky there, her eyes are lovely but if I had her money I'd be seeing a plastic surgeon pronto. I dunno, her personality isn't so great which makes her even less attractive to me.
I think Nicky is way better than Paris...what does Paris do for a living...act? :lol:

Nicky is in fashion school and designs a handbag line for Samantha Thavasa... so I commend her for finding herself some type of career a bit more stable than the SImple Life......

and Nicky is actually a nice girl in real life. Her sister Paris can be polite, but Nicky is actually quiet and honestly sweet. Not something I can say with most socialites tramping around LA, NY, and London :innocent: ....

I have the blackest black hair you'll find...Raven black, Jet black..whatever the hell they call it now...

I dyed my hair brown Then I regretted trying to change myself because of some wackjob people making fun of me being part Asian. My hair got screwed up. I had the prettiest, smooth and shiny hair that was truly the envy of many people, but dying messed that up...

It's been years since then, but I still haven't gotten my hair back to it's old self...but at least its back to being Jet Black and somewhat as shiny as before.

At least I know that now I tried the rest, but the original is always best.

But some people look great with darker hair...

Like Kelly Osbourne...shes a natural blonde...but I think gorgeous in black...cept her drug problem will get to her looks soon.

So shes died her hair black.....Then my friends started to say her and I look exactly the same..(I had a similar short, choppy hairstyle) :blush:

a2722i0_Kelly-185.jpg
kelly_osbourne_120_4.jpg

A pic after a year of being black she went back to blonde..then she changed it back to black after 2 weeks....

osbourne.032103.jpg
kelly-osbourne-170.jpg

Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 11th, 2004 - 2:16 pm
Anyone else feel like you have to be drop dead gorgeous to wear dark hair well? It's easier to be blonde IMO because you stand out more, but to stand out with dark hair you have to be stunning. Maybe that's why so many women bleach their hair to death. Happy Easter all!
I agree. And your hair has to be healthy for it to look good. That's why I don't think Nicky Hilton and Britney make good with their brown hair. Long, straight blonde hair has always been the cop out look in my books. Too many plain janes hide behind their bottle blonde hair. I think it requires a lot of natural beauty to look sexy as a brunette.

I really want to try these new John Freida brunette products. Which ones has everyone tried so far? Do you have to buy the whole line for it to work or just individual products?

thx for all the responses everyonee...good to know i wasn't just imagining things.. :P :flower:

Originally posted by banana+Apr 12th, 2004 - 2:11 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(banana @ Apr 12th, 2004 - 2:11 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Glamourina@Apr 11th, 2004 - 2:16 pm
Anyone else feel like you have to be drop dead gorgeous to wear dark hair well? It's easier to be blonde IMO because you stand out more, but to stand out with dark hair you have to be stunning. Maybe that's why so many women bleach their hair to death. Happy Easter all!
I agree. And your hair has to be healthy for it to look good. That's why I don't think Nicky Hilton and Britney make good with their brown hair. Long, straight blonde hair has always been the cop out look in my books. Too many plain janes hide behind their bottle blonde hair. I think it requires a lot of natural beauty to look sexy as a brunette.

I really want to try these new John Freida brunette products. Which ones has everyone tried so far? Do you have to buy the whole line for it to work or just individual products? [/b][/quote]
i bought the Amber to Maple Moisturizing Shampoo and Amber to Maple Conditioner...that's it. I really liked the effect it's had on my hair and I've gotten a lot of compliments like, "your hair is really looking good...did you dye it?" It also made my natural highlights stand out more.

Before my hair was pretty dull (thanks in part to the minerals we have in my water), but after using the shampoo for about a week I noticed it started looking much better. Three weeks later, my hair is looking like the rich color brown I've wanted.

Again, maybe it's just a placebo effect, but I sure do like it!

I went from blonde to brunette about three months ago, and I really like my new shade!!!!

Before
me2.jpg

After

CIMG5122_edited.jpg

CIMG5108_edited.jpg

i been up on this trend since the age of 4

(hahha didn't have hair till i was three and it was WHITE)

I find that blonde hair or over the top blonde highlights are so overdone. Also VERY TACKY for people with naturally dark hair. If it isn't natural looking its blah.

If it were in my power I would take away all the bleach from hair salons. B)

To me, dark hair is so much more interesting, it tends to have more life and is usually shiny and healthy looking. Blue-eyed blondes are a dime a dozen, but a blue-eyed brunette is a rarity, and intruiging to look at. Dark hair is sultry, while blonde hair is just...blah and overdone not to mention almost always FAKE.

For example, let's compare the lovely Mila Kunis of That 70's Show fame with costar and blonde Lisa Robin Kelly

aav.jpg
lrk.gif

:lol: Is there even a fair comparison? Okay, so I'm probably a little biased. Oh well, yay for brunettes!

I totally agree with many others above me. It's probably a trend right now...but in other words, people are finally embracing their natural roots and natural look. Those who are naturally blonde or redhead dye their hair brunette because they think they can get away being what you guys described above...but in short, I think it's a good thing because us brunettes don't have to feel boring anymore like brunettes used to be portrayed in the past! Sure, blondes will always be popular and around for a long time, but I think blondes should be left to natural blondes and red hair to natural redheads. I agree about going dark...you must be able to get away with it because it's very powerful. I love it that brunettes are getting their spotlight now because it was the blondes who always got all of the attention till to this day.

I got black hair...but I am dying to try new Feria Hi-lift Browns and I like the Downtown Brown, which is probably a light cool brown. I like to change my hair color once in a while as long as it's NOT blonde or red. Black, although in vogue right now, can be boring for me. Have anyone tried it yet?

I hope that brown hair doest go all crazy like blonde did. I have brown hair, and i would hate it to be over done like blonde did.

Originally posted by young@Apr 17th, 2004 - 10:59 pm
I hope that brown hair doest go all crazy like blonde did. I have brown hair, and i would hate it to be over done like blonde did.
I feel the exact same way that you do young! At my school this trend is already overdown and making me debate wheather to dye my hair burgandy.....

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@Apr 12th, 2004 - 10:24 am
I have the blackest black hair you'll find...Raven black, Jet black..whatever the hell they call it now...

I dyed my hair brown Then I regretted trying to change myself because of some wackjob people making fun of me being part Asian. My hair got screwed up. I had the prettiest, smooth and shiny hair that was truly the envy of many people, but dying messed that up...

It's been years since then, but I still haven't gotten my hair back to it's old self...but at least its back to being Jet Black and somewhat as shiny as before.

At least I know that now I tried the rest, but the original is always best.

But some people look great with darker hair...

Like Kelly Osbourne...shes a natural blonde...but I think gorgeous in black...cept her drug problem will get to her looks soon.

So shes died her hair black.....Then my friends started to say her and I look exactly the same..(I had a similar short, choppy hairstyle) :blush:

a2722i0_Kelly-185.jpg
kelly_osbourne_120_4.jpg

A pic after a year of being black she went back to blonde..then she changed it back to black after 2 weeks....

osbourne.032103.jpg
kelly-osbourne-170.jpg
yah, i definately like kel with black hair. though her pink ruled, too :woot:

that's so weird. i was planning to dye my hair dark. it sucks, cuz everyone's doing that. oh well i don't carrrre :innocent:

and i do prefer brunettes over blondes :P

What does everyone think about Asian girls with dyed blonde hair? I'm Asian and I had long blonde hair before. Where i'm from mostly all the girls are doing it. After a while, I went back to dark brown b/c looking around me, all the girls looked tacky and cheap! I did NOT want to be under that category! But now that Summer is around the corner, I want to soften my look and go lighter again. Any tasteful suggestions on color?

couture_whore-personally, i think asian girls should stick with their natural hair colour..being of southern italian descent...my hair is about as dark if not darker than most asian hair and i don't think it's very flattering to go lighter...it just turns ugly orange... :doh: i know all the girls in japan do it, but i really don';t like it...plus asian hair is soo beautiful...i know plenty of girls who would love to have naturally dark hair, but dyes usually look flat when they are that dark...you should consider yourself luck to have such rich, dark colour...that's what i think.... :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->