Dates for your diary - All upcoming show dates

Finally, thanks for posting! It's all about Prada again, plus Jil Sander, Marni and Missoni. Curious for Dolce too, they're bringing some nice collections last time.

They are in some clinch with cameromoda, mostly they show at 2 pm.
Maybe on 26 or 27 but they definitely do a show.

D&G 25/02 15:00
DG 28/02 13:00

Besides the schedule has changed because of Anna Wintour! Poor Italy!

Yeah Milan fashion week is completely shifting because of Anna Wintour.

Milan Fashion Week in chaos after Anna Wintour cuts visit short

Milan Fashion Week has been thrown into chaos after Anna Wintour, the editor of American Vogue and doyenne of the fashion world, said she would be attending only three days of the event.

Fashion houses are scurrying to ensure that their collections are seen by Miss Wintour, rather than relegated to the days either side of her fleeting visit.
Industry leaders believe the week should be compressed into a few days and scheduled around the main fashion houses.

The British-born magazine editor, whose fearsome reputation has earned her the nickname "Nuclear" Wintour, provided the inspiration for Meryl Streep's character in the film The Devil Wears Prada.
She has reportedly shortened her attendance because after Milan she has to travel to France for Paris Fashion Week and will then fly to Los Angeles for the Oscars on March 7.
Milan's world famous fashion festival lasts from Feb 24 until March 2. Now the most important haute couture houses are reorganising their shows to coincide with her visit, from Feb 26-28.
Her decision has left fashionistas in a panic and prompted accusations of arrogance.
"Anna Wintour, the woman who holds Italian fashion in the palm of her hand," ran a headline in Corriere della Sera, the country's most respected broadsheet.
"She wants designers to schedule their shows during these three days," said Mario Boselli, the president of the Italian Fashion Chamber.
He told The Daily Telegraph: "It has bad consequences for many, many people involved in the shows, from stylists to models to hairdressers. It's absolutely crazy.
"She's welcome in Milan but if she only comes for a fleeting visit, perhaps it would be better is she stayed at home."
Fashion houses such as Dolce and Gabbana, Prada, Fendi and Armani who were due to show their collections towards the end of Fashion Week now wanted to change dates, Mr Boselli said.
He said that Paris Fashion Week had resisted similar suggestions for the biggest fashion brands to be concentrated into a few days.
"They have a bit more spirit in Paris and they said no," said Mr Borselli. "The Italian fashion industry is the best in the world but, in contrast to the French, they don't seem to recognise their own worth."

I don't think the schedule will change for Anna Wintour. Besides, is this confirmed? And also, she is only missing Prada and Fendi (Feb 25th). Dolce and Armani are showing during 'her schedule'.

D&G 25/02 15:00
DG 28/02 13:00

Besides the schedule has changed because of Anna Wintour! Poor Italy!
Besides the schedule has changed because of Anna Wintour! Poor Italy!Really? :shock:

Thank you!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess there isn't too much discussion about who the most powerful woman in fashion is.... :huh:

I don't think the schedule will change for Anna Wintour. Besides, is this confirmed? And also, she is only missing Prada and Fendi (Feb 25th). Dolce and Armani are showing during 'her schedule'.
Well that is because both of them changed the date of their shows, to accommodate Wintour, so yeah some big shows did indeed change their schedule for Wintour, which didnt sit well with Italian Chamber of Fashion.:ninja:

Anna Wintour missing Prada?
Ah this must be a joke!!!Miuccia is her favorite designer!! :shock:

I wish someone told Wintour "Go to hell, we don't give a f**k whether you will be here or not, that's your problem". Maybe that'd teach her something :rolleyes:

^ I agree! Coco Chanel did that several times, mostly because a magazine was covering her rivals more than her..."You want to see my new collection? Tough- afterwards you can talk to the cooperative editors who will be there!!!" :lol:

I wish someone told Wintour "Go to hell, we don't give a f**k whether you will be here or not, that's your problem". Maybe that'd teach her something :rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, it sounds like it's the designers are moving for Anna on their own accord... B)

And it's not like Anna doesn't ever miss shows. One season, didn't she skip the second half of Paris?

^^ Yeh last season she missed most of Paris because she had commitments back in New York for the magazine

Does anyone else want New York to bore off? lets hurry up and get to London, never been so disappointed in a fashion week my entire life! New York has had nothing at all going for it this season.

I'm a little surprised that there isn't discussion of Ungaro's evident no show during Paris Fashion Week... :blink: Not that a lot of people probably really care anymore...

I don't know why but NY fashion week has always been a bore...it's probably because the most important designers ends copying previous collections from Milan/Paris trying to be fashionable and cool,while they're obviously not :lol:

I agree, I don't like NY fashion week at all.

Does anybody know if we'll be able to see live shows (by the Internet) in Milan and Paris?

^ I wish they would...even the big fashion houses, stores and magazines are saying this is getting way too expensive- they could do it all with 1/4 the people and everybody will see it better anyway! It is bound to happen soon- it's a new technological and economic reality... :(

New York has been good this season. Donna Karan, Narcisco Rodriguez, to remember two famous names that I liked.
I am dying for Calvin Klein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kandp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->