Designers You Miss

oooh...that really intrigues me actually. will it have a similar vein as MMM's '0' and will he bring back his great sense of craftiness. his handknits were extraordinary.

metric sam,i too miss branquinho. sadly,i never see anything from delvaux stint and it's only bags. i feel deprived.

last i heard he is at vanessa bruno

What exactly is he doing? and since when? ... I haven't really been liking VB lately :innocent:

I miss Jil Sander, Helmut Lang and Branquinho too. And one more thing... I miss avant-garde Nicolas Ghesquiere.

Paulo... I saw the thread asking where he is and I can't help to wonder the same. He brought Chloé an exciting edge instead of just playing it safe and going with the trends. Damn sales -_-

And instead of "avant-garde Nicolas", I'd say urban Nicolas... He has evolved into a more conceptual territory, that it's not bad... but his designs have become harder to imagine on the streets. I miss that high-street value he used to bring to his clothes.

I missed Galliano several seasons ago ... at least the old Galliano. ^^

I already miss Galliano :(

Me too, actually. I have just now realized we won't be seeing any work by him in the upcoming future. That's so sad, especially after fantastic S/S 11 and F/W 11 Menswear shows for his line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hedi Slimane, Alexander McQueen, Alexander Plokhov, and now John Galliano.

Oh, and I'm surprised that Gianni Versace is not on anyone's list.

Despite John's mess of a time in recent years, he's still unique and he's still one of the most talented people alive.

now that tom ford's back, the next on my wishlist remains helmut lang.

:cry:

Paulo Melim Andersson for Chloe
Esteban Cortazar for Ungaro
Alessandra Facchinetti for Valentino
Alessandro Dell'Acqua for Malo
Matthew Williamson for Pucci
Mina Lee for Derercuny
Valentino Garavani
Yves Saint Laurent
Thierry Mugler
John Galliano

Thierry Mugler