Designers You Miss

claude montana...
and i though matthew williamson was amazing for pucci...

Oh yeah Thierry for sure, he needs to come out of making cheesy perfume campaigns and dictate an atelier like no other.

John Galliano will be missed.

I can't wait to see Christian Lacroix's upcoming costumes.

dries van noten - early-mid 90s
roberto menichetti for burberry prorsum
helmut lang
issey miyake
yukio kobayashi for matsuda
kenzo takada for kenzo
martin margiela - the formative years, not the commercialized post-renzo rosso merger

Karl Lagerfeld (Become very modern)| John Galliano | Hannah MacGibbon | Lindsay Lohan of course LOL

Robert Geller and Alexander Plokhov as Cloak. Their own lines are nice, but just doesn't fill the same void as Cloak did.
Posted via Mobile Device

Seeing the first Kenzo collection after Antonio Marras' departure, I'm already missing him at the house.

i miss the thrill that came with christian lacroix's shows during haute couture.
i also miss mister margiela at his own house.
and, these are a given - lee mcqueen and john galliano . so much.

• Garavani
• Gaultier for Hermès
• Galliano for Dior (RTW//HC) and for John Galliano.
• Cortazar for Ungaro
• Lee
• Lacroix
• Gianni

Christian Lacroix
Issey Miyake
Helmut Lang but I'm happy he quit when he did..

Valentino and I think it would be very interesting to see what he would be designing were he still at his namesake given the state of fashion right now.

Peter Dundas at Pucci was really great. Seems like he doesn't have the same resources or attention to detail like he did at Pucci.

Frida Giannini's menswear.

Christian Lacroix

I really miss Stefano Pilati. YSL was intellectual, chic, and grown up. His last few collections are some of my favorites. Call me crazy but I loved Chloe by Hannah MacGibbon, If I were a woman I would love to have worn her clothes. Fall 2009 and Spring 2010 are iconic! :wub: My heart aches for Raf Simons at Jil Sander. It was simply Perfect. :blush:

The old Marni & Paolo Melin Andersson. I loved what he did at Chloé and it's pity that such a talent never had any chance to express himself after. Seeing the mess that is Marni now, i really miss him!

Lacroix. I really didn't care for his RTW but his couture was great! I kinda miss that sense of "traditional" Couture. It's a pity that he didn't end up doing Schiaparelli.

Margiela. I've always been a fan of Margiela and i even loved his last few collections (which were controversial at the time). With all the exhibitions in Paris, that Frenzy about Demna's copies and everything, his voice is more than needed because he was a true individual and a real forward thinker.

Giles Deacon. He is IMO the real greatest wasted talent from the UK. He is a real Couturier but has never been given the opportunity to work for a house deserving of his talent.

Rodolfo Paglialunga for Vionnet! Oh god i loved it! Such a short stint but it was perfect! So Glamorous and a bit of a mix between Lanvin by Elbaz, Balenciaga by Ghesquiere, Pilati and Miuccia Prada.

I already miss Phoebe Philo at Celine! Her last collection will be in stores soon (Prefall 2018) and it's so sad to see something that has dominated a decade (like Tom Ford at Gucci or NG at Balenciaga) coming to an end.

And Overall, i miss when designers were appointed at fashion houses based on their talents. Executives are looking for perfect creative directors who can give a boost to sales in a short term but they aren't thinking about the legacy of the brand or in longer terms anymore. Designers don't have times to create a vocabulary and so, we are having some of the most talented, trained and gifted designers being unemployed when someone like Maria Grazia Chiuri is at the helm of Dior.

Alessandra Facchinetti. She was never given a chance anywhere. Her three collections for Valentino were amazing.

Giles, Lacroix, Mugler & Alessandra Facchinetti. I miss them dearly.

I really miss Stefano Pilati. YSL was intellectual, chic, and grown up. His last few collections are some of my favorites.

I'm with you on the Stefano Pilati sentiment. Pilati's last collection for Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2012 remains one of my most favorite fashion collections - ever! A handful of YSL collections by Pilati could be considered iconic, without a doubt.

Throwing Frida Gianinni's name out there too. I went on a rant earlier this year in some thread on these forums, yearning for a Gianinni comeback. :boxer:

Miguel Adrover.

I can't believe in a world without Consuelo Castiglioni at Marni.

Helmut and Martin. A part of me miss them madly but at the same time I'm happy that they left at the right time. They're untouchable now.

I'm going to miss Phoebe at Céline.

And I also miss Prada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->