Devi Kroell

Bagaholic said:
HI fellow bagaholics :P
I am very interested in getting the classic devi kroell bag in gold or bronze. My dilemma is that I cannot decide to get the medium or large size. I do love large bags but I have bgeen told it is too large to be an everyday bag. I know I can find out the sizes of the bags but it would really be helpful if I can see pics of ppl wearing the different bag sizes to see what would suit me better.

I think if you're like 5'8 or above, large one would probably be your everyday bag
other than that, go for the medium

Is there a pic of anyone carrying a medium sized classic bag? I have seen Jessica simpson carring what i think is a large version of the classic and it looked nice.

I'm ashamed to say I broke down and bought the medium in the original gold. after I got finished packing my python silverados to go back to their makers I realized that devi's prices really aren't that bad in comparison. no one bats an eye at paying $2000 and $2400 for the python silverados and I don't know that the quality of the python skin is that great. I've never seen a devi kroell bag in person (soon!), but I've read about the extensive process her skins go through and from the pictures, the gold doesn't look painted on as it is with the silverados. anyway, maybe I'm just trying to justify my handbag habit. I'll let you know when I get it . . .

meeyowsa, I am glad to hear someone agrees with me on the price issue. I was trying to make a point on the previous page that compared to python "fashion" bags (silverado, etc.) the DKs are a much better deal. Congrats on your purchase!

went to their website out of boredom.
random pictures :innocent:

borsetta_gold.gif

cla_gold05_large.gif

cla_tangerine_large.gif

proman_steel.gif

pre_steel.gif

meeyowsa said:
I'm ashamed to say I broke down and bought the medium in the original gold. after I got finished packing my python silverados to go back to their makers I realized that devi's prices really aren't that bad in comparison. no one bats an eye at paying $2000 and $2400 for the python silverados and I don't know that the quality of the python skin is that great. I've never seen a devi kroell bag in person (soon!), but I've read about the extensive process her skins go through and from the pictures, the gold doesn't look painted on as it is with the silverados. anyway, maybe I'm just trying to justify my handbag habit. I'll let you know when I get it . . .

My friends bought their DK bags before the brand got really hot and they still use them a lot. I didn't really pay particular notice to their bags but I do remember their bags still look really good. They don't look used or old. The quality of the python is really first rate because the leather doesn't look dull, looks pretty rich. I think they bought them about 2 years or so ago when the bags were selling for less than $1000.

Which python silverado did you end up returning and why?

Taitai said:
My friends bought their DK bags before the brand got really hot and they still use them a lot. I didn't really pay particular notice to their bags but I do remember their bags still look really good. They don't look used or old. The quality of the python is really first rate because the leather doesn't look dull, looks pretty rich. I think they bought them about 2 years or so ago when the bags were selling for less than $1000.

wow.:shock:

anyways, these bags are growing on me, i dont think i would buy one...but the quality is great...and there is alot of snakeskin on them...

did any of you read the little thing on devi kroell in the may issue of vogue (us)??

for fall 2005 the brand is going to be expanding to include shoes and other small leather goods, like wallets and such... it shows a picture of a gorgeous flat python boot (which i want :heart:) and python stiletto. looks really, really good. not quite as overpriced as the bags, but that might change :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did see that, it also mentioned that her father was some sort of a diplomat which I found interesting. I love hearing about designers private lives.

brian said:
did any of you read the little thing on devi kroell in the may issue of vogue (us)??

for fall 2005 the brand is going to be expanding to include shoes and other small leather goods, like wallets and such... it shows a picture of a gorgeous flat python boot (which i want :heart:) and python stiletto. looks really, really good. not quite as overpriced as the bags, but that might change :rolleyes:

I literally drooled all over the picture of the boot. did anyone read the article about her from a couple months ago (Bazaar, I think)? it was part of a series of articles about designers all around the world. anyway, there was a picture of Devi carrying the large gold python on a trip to Greece and it detailed some cool local stuff (handmade sandals, worry beads). she's adorable and speaks several languages. and she's 29.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taitai said:

OT, I had my name on a few waiting lists and because these bags are not at all scarce as Chloe would like us to believe, I received a medium and large in the natural/diamond. I was underwhelmed and sent them right back.

Congrats for your new bag Meeyowsa! :flower:

They're gorgeous! Please post a pic & review when it arrives.

I am over the Silverado as I really, really dislike the lambskin leather they used this Season :cry:. Hopefully, they'll go back to the original leather for the next batch.

I agree with MJCouture that you are getting more python & higher quality than the Silverado which makes it a better deal :D.

The bags might have less detail, but they're classics & will carry you through many, many seasons. This is definitely one that I would consider----next year as I've about reached my quota this year! :blush:

again my bubble is burst -- I'm so sick of being disappointed! got my bag and not only was it folded in half, but it looked worn. so many of the scales were folded up that the bag looks entirely beige in spots (at least it's not black like the Silverado). this can't be how a new bag looks, right? and the gold is too gold for me -- a little too shiny, a little too Vegas. but on the plus side, the skin is super soft and supple -- it really doesn't even feel like snake. and the gold doesn't just look painted on -- as battered as this bag looks, the gold color is intact. as for the size, I'd say go for the large if you can handle it (I simply can't because I'm so short). as I feared, the medium lacks that certain something that makes this bag special. the handle is quite stiff and the medium lacks the size and weight to offset it, if you know what I mean. it definitely doesn't look good empty. anyway, it's going right back to Barney's with a note that the bag is damaged. this is one thing I hate about Barney's on-line -- since their stuff is pulled from the stores instead of a warehouse there seems to be less quality control and a greater chance that whatever you're buying has been handled in the store (and not bought because it's in bad shape) or has been returned again and again. I'd like to try again but from Devi Kroell itself, to ensure that I'm getting top quality goods. but since they have a strict no return policy I'll have to decide that I really really want it. sorry, no pics. I lent my camera to a gf.

yikes! i'm sorry to hear that you were sent one in such poor condition.. i hate that. when you do phone orders, you really don't have any choice but to give them the benefit of the doubt... the worst is when they assure they'll get you a "brand new one" :rolleyes: do keep us updated if you order from devi kroell! i'm kind of interested in the medium of that horizontal one with the handles... in a gold. the price seems alright, but i don't know what it would look like whne it's actually worn

so I've been e-mailing back and forth with a DK rep who says the bags are intended to look "weathered." this is news to me. granted, I'd never seen one in person until today, but none of the pictures make them look weathered. anyway, she said the degree of scale curling depends on the skin. I guess snakeskin is much more variable than leather. she could just be doing her job, saying the bag is fabulous no matter what -- who knows. all I know is it doesn't do anything for me. and ps, I made the mistake of thinking I was getting the matte gold, which is sold out and has been discontinued, when in fact I got the regular gold.

meeyowsa said:
so I've been e-mailing back and forth with a DK rep who says the bags are intended to look "weathered." this is news to me. granted, I'd never seen one in person until today, but none of the pictures make them look weathered. anyway, she said the degree of scale curling depends on the skin. I guess snakeskin is much more variable than leather. she could just be doing her job, saying the bag is fabulous no matter what -- who knows. all I know is it doesn't do anything for me. and ps, I made the mistake of thinking I was getting the matte gold, which is sold out and has been discontinued, when in fact I got the regular gold.

Whoa, that's a spin if I ever heard one! None of the DK bags of my friends look weathered at all. In fact, the bags are in really good condition and none of them are new. Dont know if the bags that were produced 2 or so years ago are of a different quality or maybe the matte gold is different but the bags I've seen are not distressed or old looking. If the prices are higher now than a few years back then you'd think the new bags would look much nicer than the old ones!

its really growing on me but the price simply is NOT :(

meeyowsa said:
I literally drooled all over the picture of the boot. did anyone read the article about her from a couple months ago (Bazaar, I think)? it was part of a series of articles about designers all around the world. anyway, there was a picture of Devi carrying the large gold python on a trip to Greece and it detailed some cool local stuff (handmade sandals, worry beads). she's adorable and speaks several languages. and she's 29.

yea I saw that article too ! and the boots as well !! :heart:
a friend of mine working in fashion industry already got the chance to try on the heels and the boots
she said it's a MUST HAVE
I'm surprised to see how young Devi is, I've heard she's really nice too

My friend's bag came with some of the scales turned up. Only the wider ones though, the smaller scales were tight and flat, and still remain so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->