Marilyn Manson to launch Cosmetics Line!

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
Scent of Marilyn Manson

manson.jpg
Marilyn Manson is launching his own cosmetic range - including a designer fragrance.
The gothic rocker claims he is currently in the final stages of talks with a "major cosmetics company" and is confident to have the branded line released by the end of the year.

As well as a scent, Manson, famed for his wild make-up, will also be designing his own range of beauty products, including lipstick and powder foundation.

Meanwhile, it has been revealed Manson loves his girlfriend to dress up as a "villain" for him.

Burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese, who will marry the shock rocker next month, has revealed her flamboyant fiancé begs her to look like a dominatrix.

She said: "I know his favourite look for me. He says, 'Will you dress like a villainess for me?' That means tight black dress, hair parted in the centre and dark, dark lips.

"Very 1930s, very dominatrix That is his absolute favourite look".

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/65602004.htm

:buzz: AWESOME! Finally a cool Celebrity gets a major contract like that! I hope it also features womens products - I`d buy ALL of them!

He's a very creative individual...I'm looking forward to the day it hits stores so I can try it on ^_^

A perfume line though....practically every celeb has their own perfume [and most them smell like dog crap :doh: ]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see how his cosmetics line turns out to be.

.. and how everyone'll react to the fact that it's Marilyn Manson's. lol

petite and sweet said:
A perfume line though....practically every celeb has their own perfume [and most them smell like dog crap :doh: ]

(I smelled Paris Hilton`s perfume today - smelled really cheap as if the ingredients were very low quality)

The problem is not that many Celebs launch perfumes - the problem is that only one certain type of Celeb launch perfumes (only the "cute, sexy, girly" types) and since the goal of these scents is only marketing the Celebrity & making money the product is never interesting or even good quality.

I say it`s time the edgy & interesting personalities sell us their ideas of a good scent! I`d love "to smell" Marilyn Manson while having Sex or smelling like Bill Gates when learning at University! ^_^

I don't want his makeup or perfume... this is a weird contract..... it's like hiring Ozzy Osbourne to make a shampoo line......it's just WEIRD..... :blink:

dear marylin manson,
no one wants to look or smell like a freak. except you.
love,
sofia

Hey, if Jean Paul can do it.....

At least we know he'll be using his own products.

this sounds very interesting. do you know if his target audience is going to be men or women? is it make-up for men or just make-up

lunabella said:
dear marylin manson,
no one wants to look or smell like a freak. except you.
love,
sofia

That's slightly untrue though, perhaps not people who stick to regular designer brands, personally if the quality is good and colour selections are good I don't see the problem at all. Goths and emo kids might line up first to check it out though.

His photoshoot and appearance make up is usually quite bold but good. (His on stage make up tends to get a bit messy/dirty on the other hand)

It's what you make of it that counts, I hardly believe the make up will come as preset masks.:wink:

If only he could come up with a decent foundation/powder, because the type he's currently using makes his skin look all dried up/flaky.... :doh: I've seen him a fashion show video and he's quite cool to be honest.

Maybe fans of his look will appreciate, because they wouldn't want to be seen wearing Shiseido or Guerlain products, but HIS own line...... ^_^

Kimkhuu said:
I don't want his makeup or perfume... this is a weird contract..... it's like hiring Ozzy Osbourne to make a shampoo line......it's just WEIRD..... :blink:

Hey no, it`s not weird - Manson is somebody who -very obviously- wears makeup - not like those normal Hollywood Celebs who get their "natural look" from a ton of makeup :doh:

All celebs wear tons of makeup - why does it become a bad thing when it`s obvious?

His makeup is extreme but he has a concept - it`s not weird to give his fans the chance to participate in it by using his products.

^ well, he wears halloween make-up, not really "natural-looking" or "hollywood." he wears make-up to create an effect that's scary or strange for the sake of his image. it just doesn't seem like regular people (even goths) would want to look like that unless they were going to a costume party.

^Au contraire. I think this would be huge with alot of expressive individuals...whether or not they're at a costume party. Actually,this would be wonderful for alot of performers whom,like MM,capture a visual aspect to music. And we don't know precisely what the line will consist of so,it's farfetched to say that it's all going to be out there or completely strange....there could be a melange of things to utilise and some just might be quite subtle.

lunabella said:
it just doesn't seem like regular people (even goths) would want to look like that unless they were going to a costume party.

Oh if only you knew!

I`ve been in the Gothic scene for 6 years (my Teenage years) and there is A MASSIVE need for a "professional Goth Makeup line"!!! The teens who try to copy his look use everything from Theatre-Makeup to tons of cheap Eyeliner simply because the regular market doesn`t live up their needs (that`s why some Gothic Looks look so bad). :ninja:

But I think Manson outgrew the Gothic thing and his line will also appeal to other people. (Had Vivienne Westwood chosen him for her campaign if he wouldn`t appeal to people!?)

Another thing: how you use a makeup product like a lipstick fe is everyones own choice - buying a Manson Lipstick doesn`t mean you`ll have to use it the same way like he does.

I love that guy. I'll buy it if it becomes available in DK.

I was actually going to mention that,HC....although,he's still got a darkly persona,I don't think he's really that "Goth" anymore. At least not that alterna-Goth he was in his early years. He's actually alot more glam these days. In much the same way David Bowie was and seems to be capturing a more chic Dandy spirit.

^ Agreed, it's just weird to see him attend fashion shows..... (well maybe he's just doing that because his fiancee wants him to....)...... But I agree with Scott, I am keeping my fingers crossed until I actually see what the line will look like....

Marilyn used to seem intelligent and have a pretty good career,now he seems lost and to be trying any market for a buck.He needs to stop,seriously and try,try as he does his recent projects are just going to fall flat-he's losing all respect and this latest thing just makes him seem even more of a joke and pathetic.This is the last I'm ever going to write about him anywhere,can you tell how disappointed I am?He needs to just get married and disappear.He's finnished,as far as his career goes-

What is HE going to put out that's different from what's already out there???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->