Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2005 Milan

Okay, I do like the fact that they went with the safari vibe. Some of the trousers with lace or python inserts were great. A lot of interesting runway pieces. Some of it was kind of YSL African collection done D&G style. Love the shoes, those huge platforms in brown croc or leopard are so fun and obnoxious, I love 'em.

:heart: Yay for the shoes!!!! :heart:
00450f.jpg
00840f.jpg

00690f.jpg
00020f.jpg

i don't know what i had expected but at least more than this. i think it's very, very bad. as bad as dsquared and i guess that says a lot. and please, somebody - get mrs. beckham off the runway!

I’m really disappointed by this.

I like some of the accessories, though, and on there own some of the pieces might work. But when it’s all together on the catwalk, it’s just too much. :wacko:

i always liked dolce&gabbana until a few years ago-the victoria beckham thing absolutely killed it for me. I know that sounds like such a weird reason to go off a label but because she wears it suddenly it's *everywhere*-now i can't look at any collection of there's without thinking they designed it with her in mind-basically, i can't take it seriously anymore. It seems like a caricature of the label it once was. Like they're afraid to take chances.

Pretty crappy. And this was supposed to pay homage to Avedon and Penn!?!?
A lot of the outfits would have worked if not for the exposed bras. Is Dolce launching a lingerie line!? Of course, Prada has shown intricate/brocade underwear on the runway before, but it was more tastefully done than this. I know breasts will be huge next season (what a slap in the face to all editors who are championing covered-up elegance!), but this goes too far.
I do like Dolce & Gabbana sometimes. Their FW04 collection for one was very good, except for the model's makeup and the ugly fur.
The mods do look better this time. Seems like Prada, Dolce, and Versace will all be going for that iron-flat blonde extension thing.

BTW, is Dolce doing so well financially that their shows are getting bigger and bigger?

00040f.jpg
00520f.jpg

00660f.jpg
00230f.jpg

00640f.jpg
00800f.jpg

00830f.jpg
00810f.jpg

:huh: its such a terrible, tacky mix and match

why should anyone on their right senses would like to wear so much python for spring?
why the extragerated huge platform soles? we just got rid of them few seasons back..

ok, its official, the majority of the milano designers are living in the past, someone should take the 'do not disturb' from their hotel rooms..:evil:

wake up, this is ss 2005 :P

ps, the brown lace on Gemma is cute but.. looks like a leftover from fw04-05

superglamorous and supersexy with a lot of class. Pythons, pythons, crocodile and more animal prints. African safari. What a combination! they rock! (liked the accessories)

the shoes i like, but the superfluous amount of animal prints and braclets i can live without

It was a bit strange - all the animal stuff - for spring, but separately they look like they'd be great. Though all of it thrown together on the runway did give me a headache I thought it was cool.

Originally posted by LibertyRose@Oct 2 2004, 11:49 AM
I know breasts will be huge next season (what a slap in the face to all editors who are championing covered-up elegance!), but this goes too far.

thanks in part to galliano for dior?

i knew those breast-bearing dresses at the f/w 2004 couture had to have some kind of significance.

Originally posted by AniexDaffodil@Oct 2 2004, 05:35 PM
...the superfluous amount of animal prints and braclets i can live without
[snapback]383303[/snapback]​
Yeah, I think that's the collection's major downfall.

there a some nice things. I find that no one's complete collection is super, its more of, there are bits and pieces from each collection that are great!

That brown lace dress is really absolutely STUNNING in person it has a little shimmer to it and they provide a slip for it but it's very thin and you can see everything so I said could you please make the slip a bit thicker? they declined so I didn't end up buying it...I don't think that would be very suitible for vancouver clients anyway the collection was alright there's alot of things that my clients would really like and I ordered alot more for the store than I did last season and I had so many requests for a python coat....

I just checked out the whole collection and first of I am stunned that there were like 80 different models :o

Obviously they are taking a trip to Africa in their fashion for this season. Some pieces were pretty farfetched and tacky, e.g. basically most of the snakeskin. Also the too litterall interpretation of African tribe dressing did not really gave me a good feeling. But, the less litteral African and safari pieces were mostly very good. My picks from this collection include:

00040f.jpg
00080f.jpg

00120f.jpg
00190f.jpg

00220f.jpg

00690f.jpg
00580f.jpg

i'd like to see angelina jolie rock this dress... :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like some of it.. Yes there is way too much animal print and quite a few pieces are just trashy.

i like python...so some of these things acutally appealed to me...

my biggest objection...which didn't seem to bother anyone else....is the horrible use of lace...on jeans.. with python...etc...the lace really makes me cringe...and it was beautiful lace...i just really couldn't stomach the way it was used....

the styling was ridiculously over the top...and i don't think it showed the clothes well at all..and i didn't really love the way they used colour... i also can't stand skintight pants...it's so spandex-y hooker-ish to me...

that said...i admit that some of the skirts, bustiers(red python on liya and the one mr dale posted), and the t-strap python shoes appealed to me...this will be ok at retail once it's pulled apart and pared down...

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 3 2004, 12:07 PM
i like python...so some of these things acutally appealed to me...

my biggest objection...which didn't seem to bother anyone else....is the horrible use of lace...on jeans.. with python...etc...the lace really makes me cringe...and it was beautiful lace...i just really couldn't stomach the way it was used....

the styling was ridiculously over the top...and i don't think it showed the clothes well at all..and i didn't really love the way they used colour... i also can't stand skintight pants...it's so spandex-y hooker-ish to me...

that said...i admit that some of the skirts, bustiers(red python on liya and the one mr dale posted), and the t-strap python shoes appealed to me...this will be ok at retail once it's pulled apart and pared down...
[snapback]383890[/snapback]​
That was my main gripe with this collection.....it was too styled, too over the top, ever for them. But looking at the detail photos, some of the details are beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->