Dolce & Gabbana S/S 11 Milan

Some pieces had an old school Valentino kind of sexiness to them.. especially the longer flowy beaded lace dresses... :wub:

i couldnt even see some of the clothes because they kept changing the camera shot to the backstage! this show was horrible only because of the way they covered it
I liked the idea of it, but there were clothes that we barely say and there was already an issue because they crowded the runway (not that I have a problem with that). Since the D&G folks seem to be very web savvy, perhaps they can produce either a director's cut or just a video of the backstage happenings that occur while the show is going on - they already do pre-show videos.

P.S. I could not help but think that the switching back and forth between the runway and backstage is very VSFS.

**mod edit: off topic/no model talk allowed**

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this whole lamenting the Sicilian seamstress thing Dolce and Gabbana is doing has run its course.enough already!

:lol: This was Fall/Winter but the white edition,its a pretty collection,but nothing more.

Totally agree.... besides, the background music is quite good too, pumping you into their DNA of Dolce and Gabbana......

Great show. It was a sea of beautiful silhouettes and white lace. I really want to touch some of that stuff with my own hands, it's quite beautiful. It's nothing groundbreakingly innovative, but I do think that it's special in a different way. The soundtrack is great, it pumps the collection up with a more modern vibe.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the camera switches between backstage and runway, and about how many girls were walking the runway at once, but I think it was for the best. Because of all the dresses of the same colour and material, it it harder to keep the audience attention without bringing in other focuses. Overall, a beautiful collection though.

The collection was great! Loved the finale outfits.

EDIT: And i noticed that now they show random audience members too. Wow.

**mod edit: off topic/no model talk allowed**

did anybody else fell asleep w the soundtrack???
because I was numbed with it...
BOOOOOOOOOOOOORINGGGGGGGG

I was doing things in my room waiting for the show to start and I noticed the music had changed, but there was still backstage shots so I didnt stop. By the time I realised the show had actually started, it was over !!! They should really consider to do less backstage and more focus on the fashion - it's a fashion show after all.

With that said, the collection is very safe for them. They've rested on this sicilianità for three seasons now and when they first did it, it was boring. It's now even more boring. I miss the Dolce & Gabbana that produced the beautifully tailored suits and corset dresses. If they would rediscover their collections around 2005 or so, that was an excellent and strong time of Dolce & Gabbana. I hated the fact there was no colour in the collection like the collections of that time and further back. Hopefully they move away from this and really get back to what they do best !

Wow, This was an amazing collection, lingerie as day wear, lol, but absolutely to die for beautiful, take a modern approach, Chanel-erise everything Victorian put it in black and white and you've got a lot of the pieces in this collection. I only wish the black pieces could have included more lace and lace inserts as well. And where did they get those gorgeous earrings?? I could have cried.

They seem to be stuck in a creative rut. I feel like every collection after S/S 09 hasn't felt much like them. They are moving away from what always worked for them. This could be seen as a good thing but they're just not getting good results. Same goes for Versace. These boring identical collections are starting to really tarnish my opinion of them.

So many white in the next season. but it is the best white

I'm SOO in love with Dolce & Gabbana roght now, they are the kings of Milan, the sexy italiano style, the total black, the lace, the shoes, the bags, the jewelry, Everything!
But, the video was sooooooooooo bad!, why the show and the backstage at the same time??? I couldn't see some dresses!

full collection is online on vogue.it

this is same old, same old only with more white than black.

Loved this collection. Super feminine, sexy, etherial, and luxurious. The show was beautiful

I'm not a fan of white. But this is so beautiful!!!! Every piece is so gorgeous!!!

it took me a couple of seasons, but i finally get it: dolce and gabbana have begun to position themselves in the market to compete with houses like chanel, dior, and others. it's not that they hadn't done this in times past, but they're trying (and succeeding) in creating an iconic dolce and gabbana look. each collection tweaks this around the edges, but the cut of the suit, the drape of the dress, and the signature of the accessories scream dolce and gabbana in such a way that it's its own "look" in a way. they hallmarked it -- along with all of those actual sicilian women back in the day -- so they might as well make their mark in a major way. when one thinks "armani," one gets an image, when one thinks "jil sander," one gets a look. now, more than ever, when one thinks "dolce," one thinks of this look.

with that said, i'm glad they lightened up this season with all of this white and i'm dying over that exquisitely beautiful floral print. the lace and the leopard still work as dolce and gabbana staples and i'm happy they've finally found that sweet spot where they're not parodying themselves -- marilyn monroe printed ball gowns anyone? -- but they're still making their voice known in the world of fashion.

00570h.jpg

style.it

Nothing ground breaking, just same old dolce & gabbana...
I really wish they would move forward.

Oh my gosh, that collections was beautiful! Those lace shorts with pockets. Oh my god. LOVE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markrokusek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->