Dolce & Gabbana S/S 11 Milan

I'm clearly part of the minority that's not crazy about the collection. I don't know... maybe I need to look at it again, but I only liked a few looks (mainly the real lingerie pieces and the look chanel iman was sporting), I didn't really like the corsetry and lace.

I'm not crazy about the collection. But is very pretty and sexy.
Those accesories are amazing though.

Apparently the Dolce&Gabbana woman's plane crashed in Sicily for the past 3 seasons and she desperately needs to find help and get out. :shifty: It's such a gorgeous collection but it's a shame that it's nothing new and exciting. Everyone looked beautiful and luxurious though so I guess the mission was sort of accomplished?

I actually like this collection...I'm definitely not the biggest fan of the recent Dolce and Gabbana collections, but it's nice. Like most, I'm hoping they move away from the Sicilian thing because they were so much better 2006-2008.

I hate when they get stuck in something. Like when they got stuck with huge puffy dresses, now they're stuck with this "sexy" thing. And it's boring.

ah so true, the collection is actually great! but it's like i've ever seen this before.. come on, make something different!

I actually kinda liked this show, maybe the music made me like it more. but overall it was soft flowy, femenine. we've seen the laces for quite awhile now. I wished they could do some still fememine but strong at the same time.

although the whole thing is of course repetitive and this is not my estetic at all (i am rather minimalistic-celine-the row kind of girl) i do love the whole show and oh god i just love how strong multiple-models endings they had , and the muse music - perfect! ^_^

it took me a couple of seasons, but i finally get it: dolce and gabbana have begun to position themselves in the market to compete with houses like chanel, dior, and others. it's not that they hadn't done this in times past, but they're trying (and succeeding) in creating an iconic dolce and gabbana look. each collection tweaks this around the edges, but the cut of the suit, the drape of the dress, and the signature of the accessories scream dolce and gabbana in such a way that it's its own "look" in a way. they hallmarked it -- along with all of those actual sicilian women back in the day -- so they might as well make their mark in a major way. when one thinks "armani," one gets an image, when one thinks "jil sander," one gets a look. now, more than ever, when one thinks "dolce," one thinks of this look.

That is an excellent thought, I think you are spot on, or at least I hope you are, propelling the "iconic Dolce & Gabbana look" as you say, down to the little golden cross hanging from the necks of all the models.

Otherwise I cannot account for such a repetitive collection... albeit brilliantly executed.

Couldn't wait... went on over to Style.com... and WOW. I can't believe how much I'm loving this collection. :heart: I'm caught up in the simplicity, yet lovely details.

A few bridal looks here, too...

I was looking forward to this show and am pretty disappointed. It's all well worn territory. The bride theme was far too literal and felt very heavy handed. And I really don't understand the granny underwear part. It's pretty much the exact opposite of sexy, which I thought is what they were going for.

I've been watching the show in youtube over and over again. It was so amazing... the clothes were just magnificient, and I'm even not gonna say anything about the accessories that were beyond divine!!:heart:

I was looking forward to this show and am pretty disappointed. It's all well worn territory. The bride theme was far too literal and felt very heavy handed. And I really don't understand the granny underwear part. It's pretty much the exact opposite of sexy, which I thought is what they were going for.

Spot on.

It's quite simply tacky and off. Unreconstructed 'lady' and way too embellished to read tasteful right now.

For the wearability fiends are you seriously going to wander around looking like you raided your great-grandmother's underwear draw. Some of it was so ugly it made me cringe.

And as for that jewellery yikes - sick bucket.

I'd file this with that awful collection was it Peter Dundas did for Nina Ricci after Theyskens left that looked like it might spontaneously combust.

I just can't imagine who might wear it and where. It would look ridiculous on anyone over 35 and if you considered some of the skimpier pieces on a clubber worn with irony then you'd want to push out to a bit more irony than this had to pull that look off well.

Wow..Lace much? The collection was ok. Simple, clean and elegant. I think they could have done better.

I quite liked it. Nothing transcending but I liked the softness of the pieces, and the sexy understatement delivered by the transparency of the lace, the bras under an open jacket, the short cuts etc.
Moreover I like the idea of doing an almost all white collection which doesn't limit itself to a pure and cute collection. Indeed, besides the sexy details, all the accesories give a real glam touch to it. And with that amount of gold, we can also find a bit of the 70's trend which is everywher at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->