Don't waste your money on...

The Guerlain Terracotta pour Homme made me look like if I actually rubbed a terracotta brick on my face. ew.

hai

i have a question that i hope somebody can answer for me?!whats the difference between the more affodable en expensive makeup products?if you look at estee lauder or lancome they are quite expensive .is it because of their name an packiging compared to say loreal ,maybelline?

dos anyone uses mac cosmetics ,i heard alot of good things about it ,plus i heard that alot of the makup artists at the spring/summer fashion week used alot of their stuff.What are your opinons about loreal.

modela said:
hai

i have a question that i hope somebody can answer for me?!whats the difference between the more affodable en expensive makeup products?if you look at estee lauder or lancome they are quite expensive .is it because of their name an packiging compared to say loreal ,maybelline?

dos anyone uses mac cosmetics ,i heard alot of good things about it ,plus i heard that alot of the makup artists at the spring/summer fashion week used alot of their stuff.What are your opinons about loreal.

Ok, first of all even though i'm all about expensive brands (i use Dior:heart: , Chanel, Lancome, MAC, Versace, La Praire, etc), i have to say that yes it is because of their name and packaging. They are overpriced just because they can. Why am i using them then? I don't know, vanity perhaps? LOL. Even though, i must admit, that when it comes to make up (foundation) i think expensive brands have much better quality. I don't know maybe they work for me, but affordable brands just don't.
Yes i use MAC cosmetics and i absolutely 100% :heart: THEM. I think they have the best eye shadows (i use pigments) and lip glosses (Lipglass and lustreglass). They have so many different shades it's crazy, u won't find anywhere else so many colours. I love the texture and they are very stable. Best quality out there. Yes a lot of make up artists use them. I totally recommend them.

About L'Oreal i can't really help you cause i don't use their products.
Hope i helped you.:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to certain products, I definitely agree that higher-end brands are better in quality. For example, my skin is in between shades, acne-prone, flake-prone and at the extreme end of the yellow/slightly olive spectrum so if there's a hint of pink in my foundation, I end up looking orange. I've tried a huge scope of foundations both high and low ends and I've found that higher ends offer more options with shades and result. Right now, the only foundations that match my skin exactly are Chanel and Givenchy. I've tried more chanel products and compared to drugstore stuff, they have yet to caused any breakout, they're minimal on flakes and overall feel/quality IMO is better. With drugstore lines, the shades tend to be overly orange and pink, few offer samples (as we all know that the department store lighting lies! Few foundations look the same colour they did back in the store outside, and so the shade is way off!) and they're more oily and clog pores more. With some it feels like I'm caked underneath a 3ft layer of crap, and that's just not a good feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello fashionjunkie

thanks for your reply .it did help me!!!thanks!!

Neutrogena Instant Nail Enhancer was complete crap for me. It peeled off everytime I took a shower and just didn't really deliver the Instant Enhancement I expected.

On the Rimmel shadows, I agree because I bought a pink shade and it did not show. I chucked it immediately.

On Lash Architect, I disagree because besides my Avon mascara, that's the only other mascara I even touch. The trick is to comb the lashes beforehand.

On Lancome makeup, I disagree-their eyeshadows are the best I've ever used. I'm more than willing to shell out the big bucks on them especially since I have to go on eBay to get the shade I like.

Revlon-I disagree also because their Super Lustrous glosses are the best glosses I've ever used.

shoegal2183 said:
Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk Lip Gloss..its so disgusting and sticky
they changed it. to beauty rush. they got the complaints that it was sticky and stopped making it and now do beauty rush which is great, they taste good too. and three for fifteen is a good deal

sweet talk is still on the website, but im guessing thats just because they have left over stock.

they are also redoing all their concealers and foundations, which is why you will be unable to find them at the stores too

Stila Convertible Color :yuk: Waste of $20. The color doesn't show up at all, I have to put like half the container on my cheeks for anything to show up (and I'm pale).

masquerade said:
they changed it. to beauty rush. they got the complaints that it was sticky and stopped making it and now do beauty rush which is great, they taste good too. and three for fifteen is a good deal

sweet talk is still on the website, but im guessing thats just because they have left over stock.

they are also redoing all their concealers and foundations, which is why you will be unable to find them at the stores too
Thanks for the info!
Since VS cosemetics have been so terrible in the past I wonder how they are going to market the new products to get people to try them. Maybe some type of promotional gifts or something?? I just know I won't spend anymore money on their cosemetics until I have proof they will work well for me!

I'm not in love with my Shu Uemera eyelash curler :ninja: I always go to my Revlon one instead. Waste of $20, IMO. :innocent:

i read here that the wet and wild bronzer is good, one fo the best ones, maybe, but their powders are a piece of poopoo! i thought powder was powder, until i saw all the lil clumps of badly milled pwowder all over my face! ive learned, needless to say, that all powderis NOT created equal!

Erin said:
I'm not in love with my Shu Uemera eyelash curler :ninja: I always go to my Revlon one instead. Waste of $20, IMO. :innocent:

Really?:huh:
I am always hearing such good things about the Shu Uemera curler....

I really need an eyelash curler too.

I can't remember the full name because I threw the tube away, but the Body Shop's tea tree blemish stuff is a waste of money. I feel like somebody used half of the tube before I even took it home. It is a hard plastic tube, so you can never tell how much is in it. Also, the cashier told me not to use the little wand/brush that comes with it because it will put bacteria from the skin back into the tube...overpriced for what you get in my opinion

MAC Loud Lash Mascara..doesnt do anything so of course im not afraid of it being waterproof or not

I hate DiorShow mascara with a passion :sick: Clump city for me and hard as hell to remove (and terrible, terrible service at the counter...)

I tried the Rimmel mascara with the comb, hated it also. The comb had so much mascara on it, it went everywhere! :angry:

As much as I love my Chanel makeup, I can't stand any of their perfume :yuk: and the T-mat was a waste of money, simply didn't do anything :ninja:

I think my mac and my shu curlers are about equal. When I put the new cushion pad in my shu one i think 'yes, so glad i switched' but i do miss my old MAC one (which I lost). I don't think the shu curlers are the greatest though. I have long full lashes but they are quite straight so i need something that really puts the curl in.

i've used nothing but the shu curlers. my current one now doesn't seem to curl my lashes well. i have heard that mac curlers are good. i may try them next.

Maybelline Intense XXL. It's terrible and sticky and clumpy and takes DAYS to complete remove so you end up looking like a panda every morning for the next couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->