Edie Sedgwick #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wondered about that one! Her her was long and people said that was the cat Bob Dylan gave her but she wouldn't have had that hair at that time.

I know. I found the ad while flipping through an old issue of McCall's, I think it was. I scanned the entire page - the bottom of the page has the add for cat food. I think it was Friskies (sp?) or something. I remembered the big debate about the photo, so that's why I noticed the ad and scanned it immediately. On the day I was trying to upload it for everyone on this forum, I kept having trouble with my computer or ImageShack, and never got it posted. I'm positive I saved it on a photo disc. Whenever I come across it again, I'll post it ASAP.

I would like to see that ad too.

At a local second hand shop I found some print outs (I guess that's what you would call them) and guess who they had a ton of? Edie and Andy Warhol!!! :]

I bought most of them and I will be scanning them. My scanner is terrible as you can tell, but it is still larger at least. A few of the images were rare.

Here is the first one. I had to break it up since the image is so big...

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

simply treasures.

Here is an Edie bookmark:

111f.jpg

My scanner is small and crappy, so it takes me a while. lol I've seen this photobooth session, but I don't remember seeing this particular image...

Scanned by me.

Thanks so much, ScarlettLover. You're so lucky to have found these! Looking forward to more of your scans.. :smile:

I am learning about restoring pictures, and I thought I would experiment on a shot of Edie.

I'm still learning so it's not perfect...but I think it is cool to see it clearer.

Original:

Restored:

Photo by Nat Finkelstein, restoration by me.

Thank you Scarlett Lover! It looks much better. I've been doing that with a lot of my old family pictures and it makes a big difference!

I am so glad this thread is here as she is a big icon of mine and such a fashionista. There are great pictures on here of her and I havent even finished looking through them. Keep it up everyone.

I did two more restorations:

Both of these were in bad shape, I did the best I could. On the first I got rid of the glare, enlarged it, and sharpened it. I also got rid of the scanner frame. (original first, from Ebay)

And this one didn't turn out as good b/c the shot had a lot of scratches, but at least you can see the faces well now.

I belive that one is by Billy Name.

Well it's actually a mixture of 3. They're all free. I use Photoscape, paint.net, and Gimp. You should google them, they're great, and at times I prefer them over photoshop...

Someone sent me this in an e-mail. It has one unseen picture and one in color. It was nice of them to send it to me:

Andy Warhol Museum

Hi everyone!
Im the person who sent the photo, i hope you all liked it. There were a few others at the Andy Warhol museum but i only saw this one that i thought had been unseen on here!
I have been reading this thread for about 2 years now and have finally joined.
I love Edie's style. It's so classic and timeless.

thank you!
great pictures there everyone! I love those moving .gif images, theyre fantastic! Im not actually home for a couple weeks but when i am i will post up some pictures you might not have seen. also i have a really cute Edie Tshirt i bought in London at the Andy Warhol Exhibition last year!

Pics by David McCabe:
edie1.jpg

davidmcCabe.jpg

Pics by Jerry Schatzberg:
edie2.jpg

edie3.jpg

Pics by Fred Eberstadt:
edie4.jpg

edie5.jpg

edie6.jpg

edie7.jpg

Pic by David Bailey:
l_a88df2bc862641b3ae2298d5cd4f22c6.png

Pics by Burt Glinn:
Burt_Glinn.jpg

Burt_Glinn2.jpg

Ediewho please provide the source for the images posted above, or they will be removed. Thank you :flower:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->