Givenchy Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

I'm not entirely convinced about the nude pieces. but oh the embroidered numbers! just all what couture is about for me! drama and beauty!

I'm so torn about this.. the first part of the collection is exactly what I expect from Tisci, it's romantic, dark, mysterious at the same time, but then you continue and it gets so discordant, starting by the Marant-esque thigh high boots, which at this point feel unnecessary for a house like Givenchy and then the amount of badly executed jewel-toned, 80s-looking pieces.. the last dress is undeniably gorgeous but things like this make think someone was too desperate for celebrity attention, indeed, and not necessarily the kind of attention-seeker celebrity but more the Aniston kind, which I regard as a little worse in the fashion-trained department. :unsure:

Somebody just said this on the Chanel thread...and I honestly believe this to be the truth:
Haute Couture is dead.

Let's see...
Valentino "the last emperor" is gone.
Lacroix is gone.
Chanel's glory days under Karl ended MANY seasons ago.
Galliano is falling apart at Dior (and "running out of ideas").
Armani's best couture collection happened to be his most minimalist.
And JPG is always hit-or-miss.
So what's left?
An outlandish version of Givenchy (with Ciara as muse)?

It' difficult to take style cues from someone who dresses like a menial worker and proposes lampshades and cheaply executed flamenco "ballroom dancing" confections.
I understand it may appeal as eye candy to the dreary lives most have to put up with but it says NOTHING TO ANYONE.
Would most of you really dress this way? And where? For what purpose? To meet the queen like Lady Gaga?
Haute Couture used to mean something extraordinary. A portal to the an aspirational future without limits.
WTF?

Omfg puhlease give me that sequined blue number on Hanne Gaby! Finally a freakin Givenchy couture collection that I love. That dress on natalia is heaven. Plus, the day wear (looks with the shorts) are so chic. I'm absolutely adoring everything. What a perfect day for couture. First Chanel & now Givenchy. What a great day.

I think its quite good but Ciara as a muse LMAOOOO hahaha. Its very glam rock 70s but futuristic .

It's very cohesive and VERY couture, but I don't know if I love it or not...

Somebody just said this on the Chanel thread...and I honestly believe this to be the truth:
Haute Couture is dead.

Let's see...
Valentino "the last emperor" is gone.
Lacroix is gone.
Chanel's glory days under Karl ended MANY seasons ago.
Galliano is falling apart at Dior (and "running out of ideas").
Armani's best couture collection happened to be his most minimalist.
And JPG is always hit-or-miss.
So what's left?
An outlandish version of Givenchy (with Ciara as muse)?
Oh please don't remind me of Lacroix. I miss him already. :cry:

We do still have Atelier Versace. I also enjoyed Chanel's show today.

I'm so torn about this.. the first part of the collection is exactly what I expect from Tisci, it's romantic, dark, mysterious at the same time, but then you continue and it gets so discordant, starting by the Marant-esque thigh high boots, which at this point feel unnecessary for a house like Givenchy and then the amount of badly executed jewel-toned, 80s-looking pieces.. the last dress is undeniably gorgeous but things like this make think someone was too desperate for celebrity attention, indeed, and not necessarily the kind of attention-seeker celebrity but more the Aniston kind, which I regard as a little worse in the fashion-trained department. :unsure:

Agreed, full on. The first part is beautiful, but then it becomes way too loud and trashy. And I don't know, but those two finale dresses ain't got no alibi, they're ugly. :unsure:

Please Gaultier, save me.

First impression: I HATE this. It's just so vulgar, and not in a good way. Something about this all screams "attention grabbing celebrity". And I'm honestly shocked by how many people are swooning over this considering that it doesn't look like a collection designed by Riccardo Tisci at all.

Thank god!

Those sequined jumpsuits remind of Mcdonald´s work for the house, not his best, not at all.

Agreed, full on. The first part is beautiful, but then it becomes way too loud and trashy. And I don't know, but those two finale dresses ain't got no alibi, they're ugly. :unsure:

Please Gaultier, save me.
:lol: LMAO.
Thank goodness I'm not the only person who thinks it!
Those dresses resemble the type of getup that Liberace would wear.

foppishdandy.net
blogue.us

wow that was.... short

co-signing the nude ruffles = Valentino S/S 10. that was my first thought. and i like the Valentino version more, mostly cause those shoes with that look were.... out of this world really.

i'll need to process the rest, but i don't hate it!

That dress Natalia has on is just plain vile in my opinion. Looks so...frou frou and tacky?!

The jeweled green/blue outfits are really interesting, and I do like some of the nude and black looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->