Emilio Pucci F/W 10.11 Milan

I sooo liked this collection, especially this look... although this reeks of balmain but still :heart:

r2162019732.jpg

from flashbang, via this thread

I love the detailing and the proportions, especially on the dresses. And can I just say that the tiered dress on Rose is the best I've seen this season, it's so dramatically beautiful.

it really is guilty pleasure.. i even see some vibe of Versace/Gucci from last season, bust i LOVE it, it's beautiful.

Yuck, this is awful. Tacky Las Vegas showgirls crossed with tacky Miami houswives crossed with Paris Hilton.

I will never understand why people swoon over his work; it is cocktail wear, and of a vey specific kind, that is kitsch. There is nothing interesting about what he does and frankly speaking, he has zero design talent. He does the same thing each season, regardless of what house he designs for (sequins, feathers, fur, excess) and completely ignores the legacy of the brand. At least Williamson responded to the DNA of the Pucci brand, and interpreted it through his own aesthetic.

Besides, Dundas is the lowest of designers. He consistently 'borrows' ideas from other designers work without crediting them and claims them as his own. Yet, blinded by the sparkle of his clothing, everyone ignores it. If anyone had bothered to investigate, they would find probably 80% of his Pucci work in Roberto Cavalli's early collections (where he was a design assistant).

I'm with you...:ninja: This is one of the most horrible, dated collections I've had the misfortune to set eyes on. Sadly, sequinns, miniskirts, lots of flying fringe, loud prints and colours remain crowd pleasers.

the whole collection is just... ridiculous
where is inspiration? can't see it anywhere
I will say over the words that it is a cocktail wear. it really is

This collection are so abundant. Very chic! I adore those red dress on Anja. Though, i like most dresses.

My issue with Dundas both at Pucci and when he was at Ungaro is that he doesn't seem to know the difference between trashy and vulgar. IMO trashy can be fun, and isn't necessarily a synonym for bad. Vulgar is when those trashy elements are taken to such and extreme and handled so clumsily that the results are lacking even the finest shred of taste. It's like if a new design student was going to try to make a "Versace" dress and just started hacking away until there's more skin than there is fabric. That's the impression I get here, it's flashy done in an extremely immature and untrained way.

This is absolutely amazing!One of the best collections Peter has ever made
It's so Balmain!!It's sexy,powerful,glamorous,glitzy and shiny! :woot: The printed dresses look quite toned down this time,which is great...Pucci does not always means bold prints all over...
This is so high fashion,I adore every single piece!! :woot:

My issue with Dundas both at Pucci and when he was at Ungaro is that he doesn't seem to know the difference between trashy and vulgar. IMO trashy can be fun, and isn't necessarily a synonym for bad. Vulgar is when those trashy elements are taken to such and extreme and handled so clumsily that the results are lacking even the finest shred of taste. It's like if a new design student was going to try to make a "Versace" dress and just started hacking away until there's more skin than there is fabric. That's the impression I get here, it's flashy done in an extremely immature and untrained way.

Hahaha, spot on, I couldn't agree more!
Let me just add an obvious despair to get editors' attention.

At least this time he did better than Donatella, I'll give him that!

When viewing the collection as a whole I literally cringed at points because some of their pieces are so tacky and I don't feel like there's really any "fun" element to this tackyness it just looks trashy. And the fringing? Especially on those pants that also have the beading, is just bad. Some of the printed and the Balmain-esque short dresses are quite nice (and MCB looks fantastic in the outfit in #57) but they don't redeem this collection for me.

what Dundas is doing with this brand is really not good, not at all.....this just looks cheap and tacky....why??

While this doesn't scream Fall/Winter to me, I don't have a problem with this at all. I am failing to see the tackiness and vulgarity of the clothes as well. I think the main reason for that is the casting/hair/makeup. The right "look" was achieved to prevent that from happening, which is important because the runway is the initial impression. No, this isn't the Pucci of three years ago, but it fits in with what sells today and what ultimately drives press toward the brand. I like what I see!

Thanks for the preview, FataleFashion, the video won't open for me at emiliopucci.com

Full show is up on emiliopucci.com
I think it's even with original soundtrack

Pucci soundtracks have been so good since Fall 2009

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->