Emilio Pucci F/W 10.11 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Flashbang, Feb 27, 2010.

1. mademoiselle_

mademoiselle_ New Member

:lol:

2. taz

taz MUSE

Can't agree more ,,,well said
    i feel that Cavalli is still paying Dundas to spread his tacky style over Paris -when he was at Ungaro- & now in Milan again through Pucci,,,

these clothes are only to be worn by prostitutes!

where is the creativity & design??? it is the same trashy wh*re clothes either in ungaro, cavalli or here in pucci?!!:sick:

Dundan is the worst thing happened to Pucci, Ungaro & to fashion in general.

I miss Williamson & even Lacroix at Pucci :(

#122 taz, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by moderator royals: Mar 1, 2010
  3. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

But you can't deny that his clothes will sell rapidly in the retail market. Peter knows how to make a woman look good, even if it's not %100 of his own vision and ideas that he's using :P

4. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

well yeah some of the clothes scream high class hooker , but then again to each his own, but they are all sorts of buyers and many rich girls want to look sexy in this way . Dundas put out some great clothes in this collection . Lets face it , Willamson did not deliver the goods ,but Dundas within a very short time has Pucci clothes literally flying of the shelves.

5. elle_gb

elle_gb Well-Known Member

I really do feel Cavalli vibe in this collection.

6. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

7. fouroclock

fouroclock New Member

The last dress is just some contemporary Dynasty fabulosity. And I just made myself sound like Andre Leon Tally there.

It's a good collection. I like how metalwork was incorporated into the Pucci patterns. It's a more creative interpretation in general than Matthew Williamson's.

8. colourmepretty

colourmepretty New Member

I absolutely adore this collection. But as many have pointed out, you can definitely see Balmain in this collection. I don't think the collection as a whole is vulgar. Most of the pieces have been done with a sense of class. But the catsuits and the crossy string detail really gets to me. I absolutely loved these pieces:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The shoes are amazing as well. I love the purple suede ones.

These ones I wasn't quite fond of:

[​IMG]

I really like the top of the piece. But the dress itself is too short for the cut of the lace. It would have been much better as a longer dress.

[​IMG]

This I think is tacky, minus the shoes and the coat. The neck detail reminds me of something a pirate would wear.

cr; pics runwaym

#128 colourmepretty, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by moderator [email protected]: Mar 3, 2010
  9. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

the only thing i question on the taste level is that thing edita is wearing..lol

10. iluvjeisa

iluvjeisa clever ain't wise

Where is the best outfit? Abbey lee's long blur/lavender dress?

11. ParadEyes

ParadEyes Spring of Córdoba

12. deango

deango Well-Known Member

13. Guero

Guero New Member

I agree with those who defends Dundas position in front of Pucci. You can clearly see that the reinterpretation of the Pucci prints, season after season, were over saturated and that the designs of Matthew Williamson to the firm were not atractive to the media. Although this Pucci by Dundas has nothing to do with the house, pops up to show the trends of the moment such as mini-dresses with irresistible details or amazing pant suits, that any socialité or pop star would die to wear.
    I think he's doing a great job!

Love the location too... just gorgeus!

14. Juliette3

Juliette3 New Member

I very much like the reinterpretation of the Pucci prints and how he used some of the longer lounge-wear styles of the 60's and 70's by Pucci, other than that...definitely too much of a cavalli/balmain vibe through a large part of the show, the short dresses are really bad imo. ofcourse, my love for pucci still lives on and hopefully Dundas will keep the good from this show and toss the bad asap!

15. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

He's was doing this before Balmain and he was a designer at Cavalli so that is to be expected.

16. Juliette3

Juliette3 New Member

well it shouldn't really be expected, a designer of this status should be able to shake that off in my opinion.