Missoni F/W 10.11 Milan

I meant that the pieces look outdated, but the styling or the whole looks seems pushed to be avant garde

i love the collection; its still very missoni but in a new school. wonderful.

This is terrible; everything about it is absolutely terrible, the patchwork pieces, the exposed bra-tops, the heavy 90's knits.

This looks so outdated and not very luxe. In past seasons Missoni have always maintained that quality and craftmanship even if the given collection wasn't the best or most interesting, but this season, for the first time I am questioning the quality.

Besides nothing will beat Fall 2006 or Fall 2009. Those were her best Fall/Winter collections, imo.

I didn't enjoy this collection at all. The makeup was terrible! The odd shapes of the pieces: the rectangles hanging off... uncool. I did enjoy the old-fashioned bras, but that's about it.

artistically its nice but at the same time it looks like they robbed a 90 year old woman's cottage , taking her clothes, shawls and doileys and told the models to play dress up

oh god it looks like they mined old folks homes in the midwest for the worst linens they could get their hands on and then threw them over the models' shoulders with some exposed bras.

this is all just terrible. especially the macrame tea cozy looking dresses. so outdated and ugly.

i like few of these
but others are just like the dresses i'm going to recycle
last two collections are way tooo better than this one

I'm loving the knits! The first post in #5 is the BEST! The rest matched the haute vagabond look I saw in this collection too. :heart: Love it! Nice!

bHL70-2123622250b99b2c96a5854b8bf9208b-resize.jpg

I like this model,she is fantastic.

The garments themselves are great, it's the way they were paired together that doesn't work.

what a great attempt to create a modern grandma's look :heart:
I find it really innovative and kooky at the same time. beautiful textures, fabrics paired with a doubtful styling.

this collection is one of those when you just love it or hate it
I suppose the adventurous individuals will love it as a great chance to experiment with a personal look

It's ridiculous that people are criticizing the quality based on the runway photos. You may think that it's ugly, grandma, midestwestern, but those are EXPENSIVE ugly, grandma, and midwestern knits. It takes a lot of engineering and time to produce what they did, regardless of its perceived beauty.

Certainly the aesthetic is a bit severe, and indeed it's a throwback to the early 90's when this look was a big message coming out of Italian fashion. But for right now I really find it refreshing and fun, and quite chic. These are clothes for serious women, but the ones who can also take a laugh at themselves. And think that's something everyone needs to do in these times.

i cannot state it better than tim blanks did for style.com. this sense of the craftsman and artisanal has the ability to really evoke something emotional in the women who choose a missoni garment. let's face it: footballers wives and stylish cosmopolitans will snap up anything they find on store shelves, but this collection, like the ad campaign, seeks to reach out to those who will actually treasure their missoni pieces for a lifetime.

this fits the gap that marni left for me this season. knit shorts are fast becoming one of my favorite things and the bulky, chunky, asymmetric open weaves of this is crying out to my inner hippie and i'm very happy with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->