Evan Rachel Wood

julesrules815 said:
does anyone know who the guy with her is in the green day video?

Its Billy elliot!!!!! you know the film billy elliot??? he is the guy that plays him, his real name is Jamie Bell:flower:

that was Jamie??:blink: I didn't recognized him....and I loved "Billy Elliott".

LoveKylie said:
that was Jamie??:blink: I didn't recognized him....and I loved "Billy Elliott".

I know Billy elliot is one of my favourite films, along with amelie,edward scissorhands, lord of the rings, finding neverland and some others i cant think of.

Pretty Persuasion movie stills - has anyone seen the movie yet?

pretty.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg

She reminds me a lot of Chloe Sevigny - both who are very cool and talented. I think it's the wide, long nose maybe?

wow! thanks for all the pics! i can't wait to see pretty persuasion and running with scissors

i looooooove love love her. i always have, since i saw her in 'diggin to china'. shes so talented and real. i feel like i can relate to her

and she looks so grown up in her new films now! compared to '13', which she made when she was like 15 or 16. she was always soo thin and now she looks so mature. i love her!

some clips from 'pretty persuasion'. source:rottontomatoes..
i cant wait to see it!

07.jpg

Hey! Thats Ed Norton as her love interest! Its kinda weird seeing them as a couple though.....er.....she is still lucky!

http://www.suntimes.com/output/movies/sho-sunday-evan28.htmlEvan Rachel Wood singing a happy tune in Hollywood

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

August 28, 2005 BY CINDY PEARLMAN

[/font]

All she needs is love -- and a few cough drops. Evan Rachel Wood clears her throat several times, but it's not because the 18-year-old critically acclaimed actress spends her nights partying with the likes of Lindsay and Paris.

Wood has been subjecting herself to round-the-clock vocal training for a new Julie Taymor movie based on the songs of the Beatles.

"Everything about the project has something to do with the Beatles," Wood says. "I play Lucy, who is a girl who falls in love with a British boy named Jude. We sing Beatles songs to each other, which means that even when I'm not working and 'All You Need Is Love' comes on in a restaurant, I'll just start doing the vocals."

She will soon star opposite Gwyneth Paltrow and Annette Bening in the film version of "Running with Scissors," based on the Augusten Burroughs best-seller. And she's in pre-production for the drama "The Mermaids Singing."

In "Pretty Persuasion," which opened Friday, she plays Kimberly Joyce. It's another teen angst role for the girl who played Tracy in "Thirteen" (2003).

In truth, Wood prefers to save the angst stuff for the screen and not the clubs.

"I barely even have a social life," she says. "But it's not like I'm complaining. I'm really happy when I'm on a movie set."

Best known for her TV and film roles, few in Hollywood know that Wood is actually an accomplished singer.

"I started out in musical theater and was dying to do a movie musical," she says. "I heard about the Julie Taymor Beatles musical and auditioned."

The untitled film stars Wood as a teenager in the '60s. "I'm pretty innocent and walk around singing all the innocent Beatles songs. But then time passes and Vietnam begins. My character becomes quite the little revolutionary. She's always protesting."

She plays a far different type of teenager in "Pretty Persuasion": Kimberly, a 15-year-old who makes life hell for everyone, and causes a media circus when she accuses a favorite teacher of sexual harassment. The film also stars James Woods, Jane Krakowski, Ron Livingston and Selma Blair.

"She's a smart girl who keeps everything in her head, but she really has nothing going on her in soul," Wood says. "She comes from a really badly screwed up family, too. I figured this girl had been through a lot, which made it hard for me to play her as heartless. She's a girl who just wants someone to love her because she feels so completely alone."

Wood didn't back away from tarnishing her good-girl image.

"I love movies that leave you with question marks. I love sitting there in the dark not knowing if I'm supposed to laugh or cry," she says.

Wood also appreciated the social relevance of the role. "There was a lesson to be learned," she says. "You can't just throw your hands up and say, 'What a mess.' You need to think about solutions."

Those are wise words from someone who is barely 18, but Wood isn't your average teenager. She graduated from high school at age 15 and threw herself into her Hollywood career. It seems there aren't enough hours in the day lately because she's always on a film set.

She grew up in Raleigh, N.C., where her father is director and founder of Theatre in the Park. As children, Wood and her two older brothers were often cast in productions. At age 7, she was auditioning professionally (she lost out to Kirsten Dunst for the little girl role in "Interview with a Vampire").

Wood cut her teeth on TV on the series "Once and Again" (1999), where she played Billy Campbell's teen daughter Jessie. She also had film roles in "Practical Magic" (1998), "Little Secrets" (2001), "Simone" (2002) and "The Missing" (2004). And she recently starred opposite Joan Allen in the critically acclaimed "The Upside of Anger."

"Running with Scissors," which just wrapped, is about an adult thinking back on his childhood, which was centered on his bipolar mother.

"I play Natalie, one of the psychiatrist's daughters. I'm not sure how to even explain this girl except for the fact that she's crazy," Wood says. "But she's like every member of her family. Totally insane. Gwyneth [Paltrow] is my sister which is just so cool.

"You never know what a big star like Gwyneth will be like on a film set. You wonder, 'Will she be cool?' But she was so sweet to me and now I totally get the whole Gwyneth Paltrow thing. She's a goddess. I mean, this is a nice woman who looks great with no makeup. I was like, 'Darn you! And you just had a kid!'" Distributed by Big Picture News

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->