Fashion Cravings...

I almost used a small white swan on the inside of a wrist instead :wink: There are a lot of pix out there of fresh tattoos, where the skin is still swollen and red ... now that looks like a skin disease :innocent:

I actually like the wooden clogs Caramel especially the high ones, they make an outfit more personal.
Nothing wrong with a bit of seventies. :wink:

:lol:

More like a pair of Swedish Hasbeens...I think that whole current 70's vibe is getting to me - first the flares and now this. :doh: Either that or I am turning into my mother, who wore breton shirts and clogs all throughout my childhood...

I've not given in yet though!

swedishhasbeens.com
Those are very nice! :flower:

I'm craving a lot of carved earrings and post apocalyptic clothes. Also feather capes

image.jpg
(picture by me)

Some psychadelic thing from an antiques shop.

When I texted two friends I got 'HELL NO!' and 'Get it! you're tall!'. I didn't get it but it's still there and it's all I think about. :wub::mellow:

(Ugh I keep documenting here all my questionable cravings :lol:)

I think i would like that psychish looking jacket if it was short. might be hard t pull off its long and boxy.

So I've been coveting this raincoat for quite some time, by the local brand Norwegian Rain, but haven't been to look at it in person or try it on because I had a feeling I would love it too much, and it's fairly pricey. :innocent: But yesterday I caved and went to try it on, and oh, it's so amazing. A really expensive raincoat probably sounds ridiculous to a lot of people, but where I live it rains 2 out of 3 days all year round, so quality rainwear really is a good investment. These coats are rainproof, windproof, breathable, made from recycled materials, and designed with traditional tailoring in mind, by a local tailor/designer, they have detachable hood and stom flap, bone buttons and collar lined with cashmere. So lovely. It's at the top of my wishlist for the coming season.

5709fda67bdee703e89313a8883ad083_zpsgv1txzql.jpg

instagram/sheilalyhne

11313638_899862050056164_436186449_n_zpssyycszem.jpg

instagram/shinenorway

View attachment 690989
(picture by me)

Some psychadelic thing from an antiques shop.

When I texted two friends I got 'HELL NO!' and 'Get it! you're tall!'. I didn't get it but it's still there and it's all I think about. :wub::mellow:

(Ugh I keep documenting here all my questionable cravings :lol:)

Mullet the coat is fab!!! I like that it's long and streetwise. If it's all you think about and the price is good...

So I've been coveting this raincoat for quite some time, by the local brand Norwegian Rain, but haven't been to look at it in person or try it on because I had a feeling I would love it too much, and it's fairly pricey. :innocent: But yesterday I caved and went to try it on, and oh, it's so amazing. A really expensive raincoat probably sounds ridiculous to a lot of people, but where I live it rains 2 out of 3 days all year round, so quality rainwear really is a good investment. These coats are rainproof, windproof, breathable, made from recycled materials, and designed with traditional tailoring in mind, by a local tailor/designer, they have detachable hood and stom flap, bone buttons and collar lined with cashmere. So lovely. It's at the top of my wishlist for the coming season.

:cry: I have never owned a raincoat and I hope I never will... How will I survive in your town?!

I think I tried this coat on once. I don't think they had my size, but I definitley thought they were nicer than your average rain coat thats for sure! Like Burberry trenches, but actually practical:P

Which color were you thinking of getting?

Burberry trenches are practical!

I think it's much better for the vintage coat to be long ... I'd leave it open and then wear very narrow bright things underneath, like a cobalt sweater with red skinny jeans.

I hope it's still there when I get back in about two weeks! (it's in a town in middle of nowhere- which gives me hope and also makes it a little more special).

I also prefer it long tbh, takes me back to the 60s without getting too space era.

Caramel, the navy one is my favorite! I'd get it and it doesn't sound ridiculous at all to me! (but then I kind of live in the desert + there's a drought, and I'm craving a raincoat too- poor sense of ridicule here :lol:).. if I lived in these areas, I'd probably justify all my purchases with the amount of functions in my clothes. :lol:

^ I always enjoy it when I can prove that practical doesn't have to mean ugly or boring. ^_^ It just takes a little more effort or consideration sometimes. Most people here seem to think there is no other way to protect themselves against the elements than dressing in high tech sportswear, and save fashion for those few days when it's not pouring down.

I think Burberry trenches are practical too, but I imagine them to be more suited to London type of drizzle rather than the all-day-everyday-constant downpours that we are used to here. Not that I have actually researched it, but I am guessing Burberry trenches are not 100% waterproof and windproof?

eizhowa, I've survived for years without a raincoat, but then I've used an umbrella instead. Having one or the other is probably a good idea, unless you have some special secret for staying dry in the rain? :D

The Norwegian Rain coats come in black, grey, navy, green and tan, I think, though I don't know if all the models are available in all the colours. I was instantly drawn to the green one, which is kind of my colour. Black or grey is more timeless, though. I love the navy too, but my boyfriend is planning of getting one in navy so I think I'll want a different one. :wink:

^No secret. I just let the soaking happen:smile:

It might be a bit boring to wear a black coat 240 days out of the year...

^^I guess I would feel bored in black, but I guess some people would say wearing grey every day would be dull as well:P

My current temptation is this light wool dress with tassles from Isabel Marant:
vo214n.jpg

finn.no

It costs practically nothing, but of course the nothings add up to quite a lot of money each year, so I am trying to resist...

Last edited by a moderator:
^Well, you know... Considering the last item I wanted was 3000 euros:P With shipping I guess it would be about 65 USD for the dress.

It is a lovely dress, but I think I will save up for the two items I have wanted for ages, but could never rationalize buying; A Bella Freud sweater and a Reissue:smile:

White jeans.

I have never liked white jeans before, but these days I am thinking that they would be great with a breton blouse and ballet flats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->