Fashion Films

lauraloodle17

Reaction score
I love the movie The Intern, are there any other good movies you know of about the fashion world?

UnZipped? I forgot the title but its the one with Linda Evangilista and Issac Mizhari. Or Catwalk with Christy Turlington, I just cant find these video.

Really isn't about fashion, but a model.....the movie Gia is about the life, career and downfall of Gia Carangi.

theres that one with charlize theron as a supermodel, at least it hints on fashion. The one by woody allen

Zoolander, definitely! I've always wanted to see Unzipped though, is it worth it?

Originally posted by Sloan@Dec 7 2004, 09:52 AM
Really isn't about fashion, but a model.....the movie Gia is about the life, career and downfall of Gia Carangi.
[snapback]454775[/snapback]​

Gia was an excellent movie. It got many nomiations and also won a few awards. Including Best Actress -Angelina Jolie

She did a great job in it.

You can torture yourself with The Eyes of Laura Mars, but... I wouldn't recommend it.

Originally posted by Sloan@Dec 7 2004, 05:52 PM
[snapback]454775[/snapback]​

How could I forget it... :hardhead: :hardhead:

I remember seeing a movie on television once about models, sort of a romantic comedy. I forget who was in it, but this woman was living in or around a models apartment. She fell for a photographer I think, he was played by one of those more television actors, from Dawson's Creek or somewhere. The models were all rather silly and there was one scene where they remade the leading lady over, to get him to notice her.
Other vaguely fashion and modeling related movies include The Women, How to Marry a Millionaire, Funny Face and My Fair Lady. The first two have runway sequences.

Gia... that's one I definitely need to see. I remember the hype about it, but it wasn't in theaters long, was it? Was it an independent film?

Originally posted by CelineChic@Dec 7 2004, 11:28 AM
Gia was an excellent movie. It got many nomiations and also won a few awards. Including Best Actress -Angelina Jolie

She did a great job in it.
[snapback]454868[/snapback]​

Awards:

* 1999 Golden Globes: Best Actress: "Gia" (won)

* 1999 Emmy Awards: Best Actress in Made for Television Movie: "Gia" (nominated)
Best Made for Television Movie: "Gia" (nominated)

* 1999 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Best Actress in a
made for Cable movie: "Gia"(won)

STARDOM

Produced in 2000
Released to DVD in 2001

Cast:
Dan Aykroyd, Charles Berling, Thomas Gibson, Frank Langella, Robert Lepage, Jessica Pare, Camilla Rutherford

Synopsis

Sex, Seduction… Stardom!

Dan Akroyd (Pearl Harbor), Thomas Gibson (Eyes Wide Shut) and sexy supermodel Jessica Pare take you into the seductive world of super models in this hot-blooded story from Denys Arcand (Love and Human Remains).

Tina (Jessica Pare), a naïve tomboy, gets plucked from hockey-playing obscurity to become the super model of the media-mad world. Tina's rise and fall from stardom is captured by the paparazzi that hound her day and night, and is aided by her sleazy manager (Thomas Gibson). Along the way she has no qualms about using and discarding a series of older men, including a married restauranteur (Dan Akroyd) and a ruthless Canadian Ambassador (Frank Langella). Each guided step in her career ups the ante as she begins to cash in on her fame, but one day fate gives Tina a reality check and she finds herself asking one burning question: is it possible to be beautiful, rich, famous and happy too?

[attachmentid=33975]

I love this movie....and Jessica look every inch like a Supermodel. In the movie she looks like a cross between Christy Turlington and Laetitia Casta.

I was surprised nobody mentioned it yet. It was released around 2001. Rent this one.....

Attachments

• d2_c_10016.jpg
    d2_c_10016.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 66
Originally posted by Toxxxic@Dec 6 2004, 10:46 PM
UnZipped? I forgot the title but its the one with Linda Evangilista and Issac Mizhari. Or Catwalk with Christy Turlington, I just cant find these video.
[snapback]454355[/snapback]​

i got both on VHS from amazon.com...catwalk was like $5.

there's also ready to wear by robert altman, not very good though IMO

Not about fashion too but Angela Lindvall and Natalia V were in it, a movie called CQ (2001) by Roman Coppola

Attachments

• cq.jpg
    cq.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 65
American Psycho, kinda. I loved this movie. "BLEACHIE? YOU CAN NOT BLEACH A CERRUTI OUT OF THE QUESTION" -Patrick Bateman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->