Fashion Films

Originally posted by Sloan@Dec 7 2004, 01:27 PM
Awards:

* 1999 Golden Globes: Best Actress: "Gia" (won)

* 1999 Emmy Awards: Best Actress in Made for Television Movie: "Gia" (nominated)
Best Made for Television Movie: "Gia" (nominated)

* 1999 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Best Actress in a
made for Cable movie: "Gia"(won)
[snapback]455020[/snapback]​

Wasn't there a SAG award nomination for it? :unsure:

Originally posted by CelineChic@Dec 7 2004, 03:20 PM
Wasn't there a SAG award nomination for it? :unsure:
[snapback]455119[/snapback]​

Yep...you are right.
1998: Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries, Gia

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 7 2004, 12:02 PM
I remember seeing a movie on television once about models, sort of a romantic comedy. I forget who was in it, but this woman was living in or around a models apartment. She fell for a photographer I think, he was played by one of those more television actors, from Dawson's Creek or somewhere. The models were all rather silly and there was one scene where they remade the leading lady over, to get him to notice her.
[snapback]454911[/snapback]​
Yeah I saw this one too, I'm pretty sure it was called Head Over Heals, and the cast included Freddie Prinze Jr., Shalom Harlow, and Monica Potter

Originally posted by dazed&confused@Dec 7 2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah I saw this one too, I'm pretty sure it was called Head Over Heals, and the cast included Freddie Prinze Jr., Shalom Harlow, and Monica Potter

[snapback]455389[/snapback]​
That's the one- thank you! :woot:

ivana_milicevic10.jpg

I think there's a movie called Ready to Wear, but I could be making this up. I think it's with Julia Roberts, Kim Basinger, and Tracey Ullman, among others. If I remember correctly, it's about the runway shows in Paris....and I think it has to do with the editors of Vogue and Elle

oops...sorry...I just looked at previous posts...that must be the same as pret-a-porter.

sorry that I'm losing my mind and can't remember a thing.

Originally posted by lucy@Dec 7 2004, 07:31 PM
oops...sorry...I just looked at previous posts...that must be the same as pret-a-porter.

sorry that I'm losing my mind and can't remember a thing.
[snapback]455431[/snapback]​

:P :P :P
take it easy, lucy!

Originally posted by liberty33r1b@Dec 7 2004, 07:38 PM
:P :P :P
take it easy, lucy!
[snapback]455438[/snapback]​

lol...thanks...I'll try :flower: It's just been a long day at work

thanks for posting all of you. I'm gonna rent them all

i read somewhere that designer bella freud did (short?) fashion-films together with john malkovitch!!! i would be very grateful if anybody could tell me where to find them!!! i have been curious since...

Has anyone seen the Bollywood film Boom by director Kaizad Gustad? I've only seen the extended trailer on FTV (therefore can't say if it's any good) but it has models, runways, etc.

The eyes of Laura Mars

The eyes of Laura Mars is a cult classic from 1978 featuring devastatingly beautiful Faye Dunaway. She plays a psychic fashion photographer whose colleagues drop dead all around her at the hands of a serial killer whom Faye/Laura appears to have a psychic connection too.

This movie has low rating at IMDB - 5.7 - but then anything girlie does there (Heterosexual men and taste....). This movie is absolutely beautiful - interestingly edited, though perhaps not as fast and fluent as most movies today, and exquisitely beautiful. I can recomment it (8.5/10)!

it is...tadah..the actress anna karina:wink:

the picture is from the godard film alphaville.

glad you like it.

A movie that is along the fashion lines but not about the fashion world itself is The Fifth Element. All costume designs were done by Gaultier and it shows hahaha. Very entertaining film. You can really tell that he had full control over the costumes and just let his imagination fly. Very cool designs, very cool movie....
and Milla Jovovich is so damn hot when she starts talking in that alien language, and when she says "multipass". I love it!

Chinor1z said:
A movie that is along the fashion lines but not about the fashion world itself is The Fifth Element. All costume designs were done by Gaultier and it shows hahaha. Very entertaining film. You can really tell that he had full control over the costumes and just let his imagination fly. Very cool designs, very cool movie....
and Milla Jovovich is so damn hot when she starts talking in that alien language, and when she says "multipass". I love it!

The Fifth Element....one of my favorite movies (the first movie my husband and I went to see when we first started dating). :heart:

One of my favorite movies for the clothing and the colors is Mona Lisa Smile. I thought the color palette was extraordinary in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->