Fendi Resort 2024 Milan

This looks like Agnona and YSL towards the end. Fendi is little bit quirky, much more « intellectual » than whatever Stefano though he did all his career.
He has quite a serious and institutional vision of luxury.

‘He would be fabulous for Armani. When I look at this collection, the only thing I think about is Armani and even the proper lookbook is more in the spirit of Armani than Fendi.

I must say that the fur sweater is a clever idea.

Fendi needs joy. I think Alessandro would be able to work with Silvia and Delfina. Fendi has amazing archives and can allow him to tap into something he doesn’t tap into sometimes: subtlety.

The man has spent almost a decade attending LVMH and events and wasn’t proposed anything. I really don’t think they have Stefano on their radar over there… But who knows.
He would have been great for Berluti or Loro Piana.

The reality is that despite the anti-conformist persona he tried to create for himself in Berlin and with Random Identities, he remains very bourgeois at heart.

‘This collection is more bourgeois than everything than Karl, Silvia and Alessia has ever designed.

As someone who loves Pilati's work I have to agree with this, his overall approach is rather formal and too somber for Fendi. I hope he lands at a house where that is welcome - Armani would be ideal.

It's somber for Fendi but it's also better than anything Kim has done for Fendi by a longgggggg stretch. If Pilati could just get a little behind celebrity culture/endorsement and make a few hot ticket commercial items (which he obviously did at YSL) there is no doubt in my mind he could be at a big brand. I'm a big Pilati fan and I think this is fabulous. That blue dress is divine.

It’s so gloomy and muddy. But I like the cut of the menswear. It’s just so dark and slouchy that there no joy in these clothes

Gorgeous silhouettes though. The fabric choices look impeccable.

LVMH gives so few f*cks theyre testing out Kims replacement right in front of him. Does Stefano have to cross paths with Kim at Fendi HQ?

The biggest issue is that its too straightforward and not edgy enough for Fendi. Needs a touch more Italian avant garde.

Sorry, but this looks like an Ellassay collection. Very corporate bourgeois, and very bleak. Do agree that the men's is better looking than the women's though.

Obviously it is an extremely well designed collection. I mean he manage to create the bourgeoisie sense and some beautiful signature silhouettes. It’s very proper.

on the other hand, it feels very formal and almost too formal. Fendi has that ray of light spirit. It is bourgeois but it never itself way too seriously like this. The mood here is much more sobre. A sad and gloomy rainy Spring day, perhaps.

Kim Jones is kicked outta Fendi… rumor has it.

If he had a three year contact, it would have expired in September, so it could true. Alessandro Michele's non-compete ends at the end of November, so LVMH is probably waiting until then to announce it...

some pieces are ok, but this is everything but Fendy. As everyone said above, Fendi as a brand represents something more colorful, mixes of different color combinations, patterns, and materials. This collection is all about muted colors and similar materials. which Pilati is great with. his ideas about chic clothes are way different. I love his work for YSL. In my opinion, he would be perfect for any luxurious fashion house from Armani and Hermes to Burberry. a fashion brand that has the same view and vision of elegant and chic style as Stefano Pilati.

I despise this gray background, a dull, straightforward, and flat picture... though I'm here for Stefano Pilati's comeback.

I don’t mind it. The colors are a bit drab, but I think the pieces here are beautiful and wearable. Some proportions feel maybe a bit too boxy but otherwise it’s really nice for fendi, if he gets out of Berlin and into Roma, who knows some sun might lighten this all up.

It's VERY Stefano. Overcalculated boredom.

It's not that I don't appreciate somber colors and silhouettes, but he does this thing where he sucks every ounce of potential joy from a look. His fabric choices don't work with the proportions he goes for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stranger1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->