Gianfranco Ferré S/S 2009 Milan

Absolutely brilliant. An extremely forceful, relevant, and utterly beautiful interpretation of Ferre. Not nearly as casual and immediately wearable as what Ferre had been doing before he passed and that is my only complaint. The clothes indeed look like what you'd expect from haute couture but that results from the duo's architectural rigor seen in their own work and from the highly advanced and experienced atelier they now have at their disposal. I think it's an amazing debut for the label and I believe Ferre would be proud to see this being shown in his stead. Magnificent.

It looks so Chanel Haute Couture FW 08.09 for me!:o But well, I still like it:lol::wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there are many similarities to other collections, but that doesnt mean I love this any less!

this is very lovely. they really excuted this whole sculptural trend.

who are the designers for Ferre now?

like the exaggerated shapes. almost semi-couture like.

Yes Chanel but is okay!!!! I absolutely adore the white dress in N°18 (photo N°8) and the last dress on Mariacarla! Gorgeous and architectural - just the way I like it!!! ^_^

No this is not Chanel, this looks like what Calvin Klein showed in nyc. I like it, but why can't they already give up with those architectural details? They look too obvious and sort of glued on... Gianfranco was originally an architect, so he knew how to do architectural clothes, but these clothes just don't reach the same level.

^^^this collection was made to please editors , artistically its nice but Franco's clothes balanced architectural shapes and wearability , the wearibility quotient here is 0 , its too haute couture ,stiff looking , a mish mash or HC Chanel and FW 2008 YSL. Franco cut awesome trousers ,the ones here are clownish , maybe this humpty dumpty pant maybe the trend for the summer , but I highly doubt women will warm upto it , unless your a fashion victim.

totally get the Chanel HC vibe. also due to the choice of colors.

what a great start for the week! ... lacks a bit of originality (as everyone said it summons all chanel + valentino + a bit of armani from the latest haute couture collections) but that's what couture is supposed to do, be a lab for ideas and concepts and new propositions. more than a copy, it's a great homage, no?

anyone see vuitton last winter in the belted silhouettes? ... just a thought

What a great show to start Milan. I think it's great, awesome, the arquitectural shapes and volumes are very balanced and I think they're very wereable not like Calvin Klein because they're arquitectural but not über literal agina like CK.

WOW. WOW.
I absolutely love it.
That one grey, black and white dress I nearly died when I saw - it's utterly gorgeous, and does it like go into a cape at the back? It's fantastic. If the rest of Milan is like this, it will just be pleasure overload.

i didn't expect to like this but i do. Liking the very bold shapes.

:heart:

I kinda like it! Its girly and cute in a weird robotic sorta way. I just wish they had used some colour.

Now that I look at it again, I really really like it. Why are people saying it looks like Chanel? This looks more Dior/Givenchy to me, but its still really original. I love those really shaped skirts. The structures are very intesretsing. And the shoes are vicious! But the hair is crappy.

I like quite a bit of it. I think the coat on Ali is the best piece of the collection...that's magnificent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"