Givenchy S/S 2010 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Crjt0.jpg

9Jtn5.jpg

XSV82.jpg

SPRINGING UP: Givenchy’s campaign for spring features designer Riccardo Tisci’s fetish model Mariacarla Boscono and Natalia Vodianova, and it’s chockablock with Tisci’s graphic fashion design.

The women’s and men’s wear campaign was shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. It’s the second season that the duo has lensed the ads for the LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton-owned brand (following nine seasons of it collaborating with Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin).

Givenchy has been garnering growing attention as of late. Its Paris shows are pulling in the hard-core fashionistas, while the label was also recently named the “second-hottest” international designer brand in a survey by Japanese newspaper Senken-Shimbun. Parent company LVMH named Givenchy’s own-store network expansion in China and “the confirmed success” of its creative relaunch among the company’s highlights of first-half 2009 during its financial analyst meeting in July.
wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the "crowded" feeling, but not a fan of the casting, except for Simon.

I'm sure everyone will love it because it's ~Givenchy~, but blah, it's just more of the same, old, and boring. Plus Natalia and Mariacarla is not a good mix.

yeah Natalia isnt fierce enough for this collection
i would have loved to see Natasha or Lara do the campaign
again...even Malgosia would have been lovely

Yuck. First Givenchy campaign I have ever disliked. Its too crowded and for some reason, nothing looks luxe or expensive.

Last season was ten times better. I like Givenchy campaigns when they are shot on location. The Givenchy campaigns shot in studios never appeal to me. Too forced.

Don't know yet what to think about this one. But what I think is that Natalia doesn't suit in this IMO. Malgosia/Natasha/Lara/Bianca would have been much better in her spot. Simon stands out more out of all the guys. :heart:

I LOOVE it, but I would love the campaign because I just fell in love with the campaign

OMG Natalia & MCB!!
jikuqf.gif

Dreams do come true

highof75- @photobucket

Loveeeeed the campaing very diferent but look more IVLamsweerde but i like great cast

A bit plainer than I expected, but the overall composition is very complimentary to the designs :smile: The top left group shot is just mesmerizing.

hmm i actually like this because of its simplicity. i love the position and posing of the models, and the givenchy typeface.

wasnt a big fan of the collections in the first place but the clothes really pop in the ads (isnt that the purpose?).

and where is jakob?!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is better than what I expected. Imo, they make such a great duo together. I personally love it. Especially the group shots.

I quite don't know why,maybe the male model's hair style and pointy ears, these look like photos from movie “Star Trek”.

i know simon nessman- but can anyone ID the other two males? particularly the latino with the line-up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->