Givenchy F/W 09.10 : Mariacarla, Leonor, Iris, Ranya & Adriana by Mert & Marcus

Well, on the whole I like this a lot. I love the sort of...erotic Hollywood boudoir feeling I'm getting from the images. Everyone looks really fantastic (especially Adriana (who I knew was going to bring it) and Mariacarla)...except Rayna, who I think is terribly miscast. All of the other models exude a very powerful aura of maturity, and Rayna just looks very juvenile. I would have much rather seen Lakshmi in her place...Lakshmi is much more smoldering, which would have fit the campaign far better.

maybe this was the idea for putting Ranya in the cast - to make her counterbalance other girls' agressive vibe. at the end of the day, Givenchy serves not only to those of uber-chic cold-blooded stellar killers. for this campaign they went for a wider age range as well and me thinks Ranya is their attempt to appeal to a younger (and less predator-esque) customer. and it's a smart way to go. if all the girls were super-tough and self-absorbed to the fullest, wouldn't it all be another Dolce&Gabbana-wannabe 'lots of girls, little point' traditional mascuerade we see oh so often?
and please don't forget about Givenchy fancying their idea of becoming a super-directional parisien casting powerhouse a la Prada in Milan and CK in New York. Ranya's promotion is the first step in this ambitious plan so it's quite natural they're putting some effort into propelling her to the top of the business.

EDIT : Could someone please help me to understand why more and more brands do the same concept for menswear and womenswear ? what's the theory behind this ? it gets me tired sometimes ... especially when it's not working ! this concept of a couple looks tired, imo !

i think it has something to do with the general vision of the house, the intention to make people more aware of core values of the brand. it's like repeating things twice to make sure everybody noticed. besides, it's quite important for a brand to make its womeanswear and menswear sort of synchronized for the sake of preserving aesthetic AND boosting sales (the wicked 'shall i buy something for my sweetheart here too?' syndrome). plus don't forget the economy of scale - why bother to produce two sets and manage two teams if you can get away with one perfectly?

First: Adriana is killing it! :shock: Never thought I would say this but she looks absolutely mind blowing.
Second: Just as Ranya and Iris (which is no surprise actually) look mind blowing in this aswell. Perfect fit for such a campaign.
The concept overall... a bit boring but still, great ad!

Adriana is.. just WOW. Terrific. I knew she was going to rock it.

maybe this was the idea for putting Ranya in the cast - to make her counterbalance other girls' agressive vibe. at the end of the day, Givenchy serves not only to those of uber-chic cold-blooded stellar killers. for this campaign they went for a wider age range as well and me thinks Ranya is their attempt to appeal to a younger (and less predator-esque) customer. and it's a smart way to go. if all the girls were super-tough and self-absorbed to the fullest, wouldn't it all be another Dolce&Gabbana-wannabe 'lots of girls, little point' traditional mascuerade we see oh so often?
and please don't forget about Givenchy fancying their idea of becoming a super-directional parisien casting powerhouse a la Prada in Milan and CK in New York. Ranya's promotion is the first step in this ambitious plan so it's quite natural they're putting some effort into propelling her to the top of the business.

I have read that Ricardo wanted to design a collection for all types of women, which is the reason behind such a diverse cast.

Full ad:
3582vd3.jpg

dunno, but it kind of bothers me with Givency right there in the center. Adriana's shot is definitely the best, thus far.

i wonder if there's a groupshot with Adriana too...

so did we basically see the entire campaign already???

I'm not a fan of this at all. I don't like the casting, styling, or setting.

I cannot believe that I like Adriana for the first time in my life. She looks really amazing for this campaign, but MariaCarla is the star of the campaign!

I cannot believe that I like Adriana for the first time in my life. She looks really amazing for this campaign, but MariaCarla is the star of the campaign!

Adriana is amazing and MariaCarla also, you're right about that!
BUT Ranya and iris, a big NO for me!

^ also agree, can't wait to see more shots of Adriana!

a showdown between Adriana and Mariacarla, whoa! EPPPIIIIIIICCCCCC!

also, most people here seem to prefer a non-smiling model :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->