Givenchy S/S 2010 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

i love the group shot with all the prints , fantastic campaign , so simple and the clothes speak for themselves

It reminds me a bit of the S/S09? ads and it definitely looks like something by I&V.
MCB looks goods, but Natalia really doesn't suit Givenchy imo, she just looks out of place and very plain.

:woot: Thanks Flashbang:flower:
Not what I expected but loving it anyhow. MariaCarla was always gonna steal the show from Natalia, who is far to tame for Givenchy, but the group shots really work.
When the collection contained so much pattren and detail a plain background is always gonna work betterB)
A big hit for me.

As I said when i firs heard the new, Natalia does not fit the Givenchy aesthetic IMO>.
The ads are a fail.

It's a little uninspired, but I like it for now. I have a feeling it may be one of those ads I barely notice while turning the page though...

Also, Mariacarla really outshines Natalia here. I think maybe it would've been a better decision to not dye Natalia's hair dark - it sort of puts her into competition with MCB, by giving them similar looks; whereas it would have been nice to see them give Natalia a lighter, less Gothic look to counteract MCB. That way both models would have been able to showcase their beauty and talent a bit better I think. As it is Natalia looks a wee bit superfluous:(...

I SOOOO love it!!!!
Natalia is perfection here, like what they done with the hair.

I did not like the collection too much, but these ads are amazing!! It's got a very cool and relaxed feel to it. It's almost like those 90s cK ads non? I think the casting is perfect and I love Natalia with this darker hair! ^_^

I'm not a fan of this campaign. I feel there's something missing. Do not like the font either..
If it goes simple I'd even prefer I&V to M&M.

the photos remind me of those taken by inez and vinoodh. though i don't really hate this campaign, i think last season's was waaaaaay better. also, i wanted to see adriana lima in another Givenchy ad. :smile:

I like this a lot! But I agree about Natalia, her and a mannequin would have the same effect. :doh: But other than that, I think it's fantatic. The styling is great, and I love the cast.

I quite don't know why,maybe the male model's hair style and pointy ears, these look like photos from movie “Star Trek”.

I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of, but you said it. The Star Trek hair is not good, on anyone. That aside, I like Natalia, but she's a wrong fit for this. MCB is the only highlight for me in this campaign. She actually looks like she belongs in the ad. The clothes are showcased well, but I don't remember the collection being this unattractive. Guess I'll better take another look at the runwayshow.

It's pretty strong to me, but I agree that Inez and Vinoodh should have been kept. Instead of Natalia, Lara or Ranya probably would have been better imo. But anything the house of Givenchy rolls out, I love lol

Natalia looks so plain and bored in the pictures.

Mariacarla alone would have sufficed and would have made the campaign much less distracting. But I guess they needed someone who was a bit more known to fill in the hole, so they chose Natalia. Shame really since Mariacarla to me is the Givenchy girl.

It's hard not to go wrong with Natalia and MCB.^_^ It kinda reminds me of Burberry SS 2008 campaign, though.:ermm: Overall, me like.:D

I actually like this! :heart:
Natalia does nothing compared to MCB but I think it's an interesting pairing.
MCB is like the stronger character but you can't just ignore Natalia's presence.
The clothes looks amazing on them too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->