Givenchy F/W 09.10 : Mariacarla, Leonor, Iris, Ranya & Adriana by Mert & Marcus

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
source | wwd.com

ALL IN THE FAMILY: His fetish model Mariacarla Boscono remains part of the picture, but otherwise, Riccardo Tisci is forging a new path with Givenchy’s advertising. After nine seasons collaborating with Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, Tisci tapped Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott for Givenchy’s fall-winter campaign, which features color photography, unexpected faces and a stronger French accent. It is slated to break in the July issue of L’Uomo Vogue for men’s wear and French Vogue’s August issue for women’s ready-to-wear. “It’s a new step,” Tisci said. “I wanted to give this feeling of going from a studio to reality. It’s important to give reality to women.”

Among the fierce and exotic beauties burning intensely from a gilded bedroom in the Château de Ferrières is Leonor Scherrer, daughter of retired couturier Jean-Louis Scherrer. “I’m completely in love with her,” Tisci enthused. “For me, she represents France in all senses: the elegance, the aristocracy, the darkness of France.” The stern-looking models Iris Strubegger and Ranya Mordanova fit Givenchy’s touch-chic mould: More surprising is Adriana Lima, who trades her Victoria’s Secret sexpot look for hard glamour, sprawled over a bed with the latest Givenchy bag, yet to be named. The campaign features separate visuals for eyewear and watches, while a trio of male models in naval-inspired fashions and glitter boots channel Tisci’s new Latin-inflected vision for men.

Meanwhile, Tisci’s costume design duties continue to grow. The designer said he’s creating new looks for Madonna’s ongoing tour, and also for Antony Hegarty of Antony and the Johnsons as the band tours Europe this summer. Tisci described his creations for Antony as “men’s, women’s and couture all together” for a singer who is “between Klaus Nomi and Edith Piaf. His energy is so strong,” he enthused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are 2 images from the Men's campaign

source | wwd.com

What's up with the stare?:unsure:
It's kinda creepy like they want to eat me:doh:
Thank you MissMagAddict :heart:

I was very excited to see how Adriana would do at breaking out of the Victoria's Secret exterior for more HF work.

Not disappointed, :D

I think I might love this. Leonor could easily be Malgosia Bela's stunt double (that's a good thing in my book) and the whole thing is just bizarre enough.

And (shock, awe) I really like Adriana in that shot. :ninja:

Thanks for posting MMA.

O.M.G!!!!!!
It's looks like dolce gabbana's ad!!!!!!!!

it's finally here! well Adriana looks fantastic which i'm actually surprised at myself saying this since i'm not her biggest fan. oh and ofcourse to me Mariacarla is IT for me here. like always, she looks fierce, chic, incredible, and oh so fabulous and does a great job with givenchy. Ranya looks alright.....i actually like the girl and hope she looks way better in upcoming pictures.

i like it, but actually prefer last seasons. even though compared to last seasons, this one has more to look at (color, interior of the room) is still feels flat.. maybe because the stares are so lifeless. shrugs.

oh, simon saves the mens campaign for me.

This is pretty boring actually :unsure: Worse than last season :ninja:

:lol: This is terrible! Almost a parody of a fashion campaign. I'm getting second hand embarrassment from the models.

What's up with the stare?:unsure:

They are dark and mysterious. Oh, and look. One of them isn't wearing a top. Isn't that sexy! I bet you're wondering what they were up to in this room :brows:

I think Adriana is the big surprise here, but that's because of the angle of her face-she pulls it off. However, the whole campaign falls very flat.

That stare!!!! Its just saying buy me or we will kill you :shock: But its very simple and I love the cast. Bravo. :flower:

Adriana looks VICIOUS!!! Her expression is Givenchy-perfect!

But the main mama for me is Mariacarla :wub: she literally looks predatory, like shes ready to actually eat something.

Fantastic campaign!!!

i am not very sure about the setting but the makeup, hair and styling is just great ! ! ! i think givenchy in black seems more eye catchy !

Not sure what to think about this yet. Adriana looks fantastic though.

adriana is brilliant in this, i'm not surprised either...love mc as well

simon singularly shines in the men's campaign, he's too perfect

I love it but its a bit gothic, don't you think? The model casting is great - but they could have mixed it with with a non-raven-haired model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->