Greens+ and other supplements...

fashionbébé

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried Greens+? I'm a vegetarian (vegan at home, but will settle for vegetarian when I go out) athlete and was looking into getting a boost from supplements. Has anyone tried nutritional or mineral/vitamin supplements that has worked for you? i.e. to boost energy, minimize recovery time, or simply make you feel good? :flower:

I'm interested.

I take a multivitamin, calcium, vitamin B complex, and glucosamine chondritin on the days I remember to take my vitamins. :smile: I try to spread them out throughout the day to maximize absorption.

What do you take? :wink:

I'm a vegan athelete as well..I personally don't really take supplements, other than the daily multi vitamin. I was creatine loading for a while but I seriously could not keep up with it, as vegans need to supersaturate creatine load in the beginning because they do not consume meat or animal products. I couldn't drink that much and the pillls were too much, so I'm going the natural way which has been working fine for me.

You should ask rob over at http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/, he's very knowledgable and very helpful.

When I was on the cross country team, I wasn't allowed to be vegan anymore, but I chose to be "pescotarian" instead of completely giving veganism up... But other than that, I didn't take any supplements (only regular multi-vitamin)... I don't think they help, and I'm too scared to use something that would have even a slight change of artificially boosting my performance. :flower:

thanks for all your advice, guys. :smile:
mouko, i think I will ask Rob. I suppose you could say I'm an elite athlete. With the season just starting again, I am having trouble with my recovery time. I just want to go! go! go! I'm having so much fun...but it'd be more fun if my body could catch up with my desire. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->