Just Cavalli F/W 10.11 Milan

i suspect they'll need more than kate moss to convince the public of this.

oh no. too much prints.
i only liked the black lace dress. and the buckles.

uuuuuh i like it ! prints are a bit "too much" sometimes but it's great

i wish the mens clothes were as good as the womens clothes, disappointed

I like most of it! There are some strange ouftits that I can't quite digest, but I like pretty much everything, and I usually don't like Just Cavalli

There is so much going on, but it is very Just Cavalli. I only personally liked 3 dresses from it and even so, the last dress I've posted looks like a really bad fit!
justcavalli3.jpg
justcavalli1.jpg
Images from stylesight.com
justcavalli2.jpg

It's a lot to swallow at 1 time, but individually I think you'll be okay. The dresses are nice, especially the ones above me.

Some of the styling is interesting and some of it goes a bit too far - but strip it back to its component parts and I think this is a pretty strong collection.

I actually prefer the patchwork knits to most of Missoni's efforts, which is somewhat of a first for me, as I normally like Missoni and much as I love RC, I normally don't like JC much, at all.

Just Cavalli isn't meant to be innovative. It's trendy/fast fashion for people with money. Does it not being innovative take away from the beauty of it? I would say the use of textures and color in this collection is great. There are great pieces that are definitely going to appeal to his clients.

Yes, this is it - much like MBMJ, for example, you really can't judge it in quite the same way you would a mainline collection.

As you say, this is fast fashion for the wealthy (or, more likely, their teenage/college-age children!), who want to dress like 'common people', but don't want to have to shop in the same no-name stores!

Often I feel JC wanders way too far into cheap, though, even for a diffusion line; but I think, this time, it's managed to stay on the right side of tacky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->