Gucci F/W 2015.16 Milan

marcBarna

Reaction score
2cdeff9.png

Screencap from gucciconnect.com

It's like a deformed child of Chanel (bag), Valentino, Saint Laurent, Prada, Miu Miu. O.M.G.!!!

What an ugly shoes! He clearly doesn't know how to make trousers. Everyone in them walked like they were drunk.

the gucci woman, no matter who the creative director is, is supposed to be strong, glamorous, powerful.

this woman isn't any of those things - she's nerdy, frumpy, and is in no way aspirational. ugh :( i can't believe what i just watched!!

wow. so bad. they really fired Frida to give us that ?? :blink::blink::blink:

whatever it's supposed to be, it's not Gucci

I don't think we need another Prada. Even that set and soundtrack was screaming Prada. That guy just doesn't know where to stop with his depressing kind of chic. And those accessories were awful, like those shoes with fur on them.
I'm going to miss Frida.

So he extended his 'quinoa munching librarian meets spoken word hipsterpoet'-mess officially into the women's line as well.
After YSL also Gucci now decides to spearhead styling instead of designing.

This will become stale really quickly, in fact im yawning already but will probably sell like hotcakes. Now if you'll all excuse me, I'll go bury Gucci's former luxury glam-sex esthetics outside somewhere where it's quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prada references aside, I have a problem with the actual clothes. I didn't like Hedi's aesthetic at Saint Laurent but I could see how the pieces would sell, as they were easy to digest. Kering said that Gucci's goal was to increase sales and I really don't see how this will generate profits. The clothes looked plain at best, sometimes badly fitted and quite depressing. I liked some of the pleats and the embroidered sweaters, but the collection offered almost nothing.

Unpopular opinion here I guess but I quite liked it. Some of the clothes didn't feel very wintery. Some seemed more fitted for summer.
I agree though, the shoes with fur on them are awful !
The music was really nice.

That's my point too, at least the Hedi's point of view is strong and very salable.What are we seeing here? a boring woman. I don't know, i have mixed feelings

He won't stay long. (Famous last words i know)

This men (whatever his name is), is trying to make another Saint Laurent renovation, but this is just tragic, tasteful, unfinished, no consistency, boring and lazy. Terrible start.

I forgot to add one more thing. I remember the clear reason for Gucci not selling on the Asian market was the fact that Asian customers want subtle brands and don't like exposure. Gucci's IT bag this season is monogrammed, so go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seltzeess
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->