Gucci F/W 2015.16 Milan

Oh I know what the new "Gucci woman" is.. What the Slimane woman would be if she were a pretentious hipster and not a wasted teen prostitute.

Last edited by a moderator:
This actually makes me sad... What has Gucci come down to? This is not powerful, sexy woman. It looks washed out. And who are these models on the runway? Though, not that I wanted Natasha, Anja, Joan, Kasia... to wear this. :yuk:

A third or fourth of the looks have visible nipples and/or upper thighs. This is a very sexual collection. Just cuz there are a few demure looks doesn't take away from the fact that there is a ton of sheer fabric. The collection is all over the place. Its not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, but its not great. Kinda forgettable which is not bad. I do like the one dress with the plunging neckline with the embroidered bird at the bottom.

Also, can we not use librarian as an insult. WTF is wrong with librarians.

This new gucci woman also looks like she makes her own clothes even though she's not good at sewing, and the fur shoes are made from the hair her cats shed.

Seriously, I feel like I've seen better thought out and more well made collections on project runway

This is what struck me the most while seeing the HQs. How can a brand (a high-end brand at that) of this magnitude allow such a poorly made collection to be presented to buyers and press? Everything looks so terribly contrived, mismatched and pretentious I can't help but laugh at the new guy thinking this was acceptable in any way.

And of course the reviews are going to be lenient. Gucci isn't buying all those gatefold ads for nothing. :rolleyes:

I am all for change and newness but this reminds me of some old louis vuitton/sonia rykiel collection. We should not judge a lot because it is a first outing, done probably in a haste (some pieces look really badly made) but I cannot forgive these silly fur post -celine shoes. I was gasping when they did them at Rochas as they should have known better than to copy such a distinctive Celine idea...but to do them Even later at gucci is very embarrassing. It should have been avoided at all costs, it looked so stupid anyway.
I also have a problem with all these naked breasts and transparencies (nonetheless in a winter collection). Is that his vision of a contemporary woman? Running around butt naked with a big bow? I never felt more eager to see how he could work a lining.

There is something deeply romantic about the way in which these clothes are presented.

My immediate response was that here were more echoes of the Slimane effect. And yet what is interesting is that though they've booked some of the same girls, the wet cement street aggressiveness doesn't repeat itself.

More innocence is present, even if with a nod and wink. The feel overall is more gentle, more insouciant on the surface with something far warmer underneath.

I thought the mens show's gender bending and crotch dropping had more to do with presenting a dialectical dissection of class than anything else and it continues a bit here, the creases and fit lending pieces a hand-me-down, heirloom feel without an ounce of preciousness. A self sufficiency born out of intense yearning brings about more dialectics--the vulnerability of eyeglasses paired with nudity thinly veiled, a farsighted insightfulness.

It is unexpectedly beautiful and perfectly modern in its messy display of warmth, soul and intelligence married with quirk and, sometimes, raunch.

I understand the need to bring fresh air to the majesteous house but this is way too much. The original Gucci woman has vanished all I see is a creative team trying to bring youth to their creations through "edgy" details and ill-fitting. This collection is a big no for me. And I'm not even mentioning the shoes. Wha were they thinking of ?

PS: I also missed the old casting

I personally like the change this is definitely unfamiliar Gucci we'd ever seen. It's new direction new breath and this is what this brand wanted. There's still rooms for Michael to improve and wow us near future I can wait though.

Oh I know what the new "Gucci woman" is.. What the Slimane woman would be if she were a pretentious hipster and not a wasted teen prostitute.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Best comment of the day :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I haven't read the whole thread but my first thought was: "This is Wes Anderson".

This is far from former Gucci... and close to Prada.

Wes Anderson for Gucci

Basically.

i mean, i do like the floral print. from a styling point of view, i can see seperates working really well.

but if they insist on total looks for editorials, this is just..... i can't.

at least they have the guts to admit that it IS essentially a collection of flea market finds.

A few nice pieces here and there but those shoes are so hideous. I also hate some of those tacky embellishments on the bags.

Ugly ugly ugly. I liked maybe 1-3 looks overall but the shoes are just absolutely hideous and the house aesthetic of Gucci has just been completely destroyed. It looks like a completely new brand.

Gucci's legacy is Tom Ford. It's been languishing since he left. Another 'me too' brand indistinguishable from the competitors

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something deeply romantic about the way in which these clothes are presented.

My immediate response was that here were more echoes of the Slimane effect. And yet what is interesting is that though they've booked some of the same girls, the wet cement street aggressiveness doesn't repeat itself.

More innocence is present, even if with a nod and wink. The feel overall is more gentle, more insouciant on the surface with something far warmer underneath.

I thought the mens show's gender bending and crotch dropping had more to do with presenting a dialectical dissection of class than anything else and it continues a bit here, the creases and fit lending pieces a hand-me-down, heirloom feel without an ounce of preciousness. A self sufficiency born out of intense yearning brings about more dialectics--the vulnerability of eyeglasses paired with nudity thinly veiled, a farsighted insightfulness.

It is unexpectedly beautiful and perfectly modern in its messy display of warmth, soul and intelligence married with quirk and, sometimes, raunch.

i wanna hire you to write my future obituary. can you please? :flower:

I think this situation is more like Raf and Dior than Slimane one. Because we remember how many people were like 'Ew its not Dior' and blah. Time flies and we remember Galliano but not Dior by Galliono and Dior looks totally ok now.
I hope you agree that type of Dior woman changed.
I think this is the same. Yes, its completely different point of view on Gucci woman but I dont think it was THAT bad. Of course shoes are terrible, some styling looks messy, childish and too much. But as I know and read this collection was created for 2 or so months and real new Gucci we will see next season.
Actually I like that idea of feminine, intelegent woman. I hope in the future it will be more elegant.
Design? Come on, guys! About what design of Frida are you talking? I remember only ruffles collection with real design others were good styling and strong attitude.
Im sure this collection will show good sales as every collection with new designer did. I already see beret mania.

I get your point, but there's a huge difference between Raf Simons and Alessandro Michele, Raf is talented, Alessandro is not.

I get your point, but there's a huge difference between Raf Simons and Alessandro Michele, Raf is talented, Alessandro is not.

Really? You gonna claim the guy is untalented because you didn't like ONE collection he delivered? Geez talk about overreaction.

^Yes, and I've seen two collections, not just one. Both hideous.

I'm dying to see those accessories sales reports because those "dead-dogs-dragging" shoes won't sell.... unless you're an eccentric/attention-seeking fashionista.

Both collections are not for a Gucci client, they are fragile and loose, they don't command attention and for many business people that wear Gucci, they want strong clothing, and now they have an offer that is so relaxed that they can't make a point at any work reunion with those clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->