Gucci To Start Couture Line - Gucci Première

Actually Armani Prive is so beautiful, way better than gucci premiere and many more. Armani always looks glamorous and it is only worn by rich people.

Don't wanna go OT but I checked those pictures like 3 times and couldn't see any undies :lol:

Perhaps I was mistaken? But like littleeathquakes said, it's a classic of VPL.

I didnt see this gown posted. Its also Gucci Premiere. Worn during the Cannes Film Festival.

ezmmw0.jpg
258w9br.jpg

gettyimages.com/

I wonder what's that frilly thing on the back side of her dress.

100025734.jpg

100025160.jpg

100108997.jpg

100024212.jpg

100051944.jpg

getty,justjared

that dress would've looked better without that beading or whatever it is. just seems so tacked-on, so last minute. like they were thinking "this is haute couture we must embellish it" after they made a perfectly beautiful dress.

The sheer panel on the bust is quite pretty, actually. It's not a half bad dress, though as with all the others we've seen so far it doesn't make much of a statement.

Are you sure its her undies? It seems like a cut .. like its seamed ... if its her undies WHOA they're thick ... lol

And I like Rose's white number ... I love the gold detail ... but the HQ pics make me think that the closer I look at her ... the most beautiful ... the dress is :P

After looking at the dresses here....honestly I feel like Gucci Premier does not really have a design aesthetic or even an identity... The blush pink dress that Salma Hayek wore with the detailing on the waist is SO Dior RTW!!! I can't believe no one pointed that out. I mean yes their beautiful dresses and these actresses looked amazing but they looked amazing because they are beautiful people the dresses did not add anything to them I feel like it really wasnt worth making this line and that if I was a stylist and had a red carpet event Gucci Premier would probably be my 40th choice lol

i think the problem of the dresses is that they are "pretty" (read, forgettable) and yes I agree that there isnt a strong point of view for this diffussion line :/

^ Don't think the style/cut does much for her upper body (it seems to be rather flattening and pulling her downwards?) and that colour is rather insipid with her skintone, IMHO.

I think that cut and style of embellishment would have been more flattering on a more compact, curvy, body type, TBH, as it's quite elongating; which is not really what was required in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Gucci's Facebook.

HOLLYWOOD, CA - Academy Award winner and presenter Hilary Swank in a Gucci Première couture strapless floor length evening gown with silver sequins and crystal encrusted metallic bustier and smoke grey satin platform sandals with crystal encrusted heels.

I like the Gucci Premiere line and I would like to see more but I agree with the comments that the line is safer and pretty-prettier than typical Gucci. Hilary's Swank's dress is gorgeous and it has Gucci elements, the sparkly fringe for example. But white (or silver or gray)... really Frida, really?!?! Now if Tom Ford created that dress, it would have been electric blue, red, fuchsia or somesuch, Tom Ford ain't putting a chick in white unless the dress comes thisclose to showing nipple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Armani Prive is so beautiful, way better than gucci premiere and many more. Armani always looks glamorous and it is only worn by rich people.

I agree that Armani is superior in creativity, but isn't it all only worn by rich people"? Something tells me your average Jane isn't going to wear Gucci Premier to formal wedding. :wink:

I liked Hillary's dress quite a bit, but I feel as though the line doesn't really keep in the spirit of Gucci. When I think Gucci, I think sexy, mysterious, daring- quintessentially Italian. They're so... lifeless.

Hilary looked great. One of the better dresses I've seen from the line.

It's been a year, eh? ^_^

Salma Hayek poses on the red carpet for the opening ceremony of the 64th Cannes Film Festival (may 11, 2011) - hqcelebs via coluchka

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->