H&m Hits Back At Lagerfeld

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 30 2004, 11:03 PM
alura...you may think he looks good...and that's your opinion which you are certainly entitled to...however much i disagree...

but you mentioned the word 'natural'...which is just NOT even close to being true... ^_^ :lol:

especially that nose that you mentioned...eeek!!!.... :o :ninja:
[snapback]444871[/snapback]​

The nose is very tiny, a bit peter panish... maybe he and Michael Jackson have the same surgeon :wink:. Oh well, it's the talent that counts anyway. Fashion's real scarecrow is Donatella. :ninja:

ok...first of all..please watch the language klm...
second of all...alex has already apologized which shows EXACTLY what kind of man he is...

it looks like the shoe's on the other foot now...and you might need to eat a little crow yourself...

since you are new...you get a little slack...but know that tfs is not like other message boards where people randomly go around spouting whatever comes into their heads...we appreciate intelligent and thoughtful replies to our topics...
thank you for getting with the program... :flower:

The nose is very tiny, a bit peter panish... maybe he and Michael Jackson have the same surgeon

NO,NO, MICHAEL IS SO SMOOTH AND SLEEK NOWADAYS...... :blush:

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 30 2004, 06:19 PM
ok...first of all..please watch the language klm...
second of all...alex has already apologized which shows EXACTLY what kind of man he is...

it looks like the shoe's on the other foot now...and you might need to eat a little crow yourself...

since you are new...you get a little slack...

Yeah, he's exactly the kind of man who makes an insincere apology after agreeing with someone's obnoxious statement, then defending it, then backpedalling on it. Please. Eat crow? Hardly. I stand by what I said and how I said it, which is more than he can say. I'd respect him if he stuck by his opinion, regardless of how sophomoric I found it to be.

but know that tfs is not like other message boards where people randomly go around spouting whatever comes into their heads...we appreciate intelligent and thoughtful replies to our topics...

Oh, it isn't? Then how do you explain those two morons spouting whatever random thoughts came into their heads regarding obese or overweight people? I didn't spout random thoughts, I spouted my exact thoughts in response to their comments.

thank you for getting with the program...
[snapback]445060[/snapback]​

Thanks for telling me what the program's all about. Let me know where I sign up for conformity training, since I'm new here and all. Once I hit 1000 posts, do I get some instanct credibility upgrade or something? I can't wait to be taken seriously.

well..my dear klm...you will be waiting a very long time for respect if you don't adjust your attitude...
many other people were able to express their displeasure in a more mature and appropriate manner...and the two users who made the derogatory comments were reprimanded ...

so you really have no point...and your rudeness will not be tolerated...1 post or 1 million posts...that is entirely irrelevant...
this is a very poor introduction for you into this foruum...if you wish to continue to participate...then you will need to readjust your approach...period...

Originally posted by Tupolev@Dec 1 2004, 06:12 PM
Boy has this place changed :huh:
[snapback]446559[/snapback]​

can you be more specific?... :flower:

I found this place a long time ago, and it used to be "different to the others" as was suggested. Feels as if thefasionspot sold out.

But don't mind this off topic statement that will, no doubt, be moderated. Just passing through...

Originally posted by Tupolev@Dec 1 2004, 06:24 PM
Just a question, who is repremanding who?
[snapback]446580[/snapback]​

well...now that i am a moderator...you are correct...i will be moderating all statements... :wink:

but i still don't know what you are talking about...are you referring to the google ads?...
that is certainly new...but you learn to ignore it...the topics and discussions remain very authentic...if you would do more than just 'pass through'...you might see that for yourself... :flower: check out the abercombie and fitch thread...

besides...tfs is only as good as its membership...if you feel you have something more 'real' to contribute...i urge you to stick around and share... :P :flower:

And thank you, kLm, for showing everyone what kind of person you are. Enjoy this place while you last. Heck, if I were a mod, you'd be gone already. Too much slack has already been cut for you.

And for the record, everyone says things they don't mean. Unless you're perfect, like you seem to think you are, you have also done this.

Ok, I know that this thread has been kind of beaten to death, but...

I understand Alex's point that he should be able to decide what sizes to sell his clothes in. However, once he signs a contract with H&M, he loses whatever privilage to decide that he might have had. He has sold his design services, not his clothes and he has no further control after contracts have been signed and the actual designwork is done.

Acid, you've offended me. I have never been stick thin except for the short period in my life in which I was verging on disordered behavior in an attempt to control my weight and quite frankly, I look ridiculous at very low weights. I'm not obese or overweight, but I probably never will be a size zero. I would like to discuss sizing and body types for a minute.

My mom is 5'10 and a size 10/12. She looks in no way fat but rather is at a size that suits her frame and bone structure very well. She's a gorgeous woman, but she has never been a very small size...and she shouldn't be. "Larger" sizes fit her svelte (for her height and frame) body. I also have friends with large chests who, like luna, wear larger sizes for this reason alone and wear disproportionately smaller sizes on the bottom. I know people who look pudgy at smaller sizes even though others who are the same height and several sizes larger look completely normal/good.

As for the issue of size in relation to effort (as in, fat people as lazy slobs or not:( I have friends who have never ever dieted or even walked near a gym. Their metablolisms are extremely fast and while they may need to start working out at some point to prevent sagging whatever or flabby tummies, it simply won't become an issue for years due to genetics. Other friends, however, have been weight-conscious since middle school and are careful about what they eat and how much they exercise. Some of them maintain slender figures in their efforts while others do not, and it doesn't necessarily matter which have done more exercise or eaten less calories. To some extent it does, of course, but the speed of your metabolism also definitely comes into play, and some are significantly slower than others. Then there are other groups of people. For example, there are those who eat compulsively or yo-yo diet (which is connected to guilt about food, which your posts encourage, by the by), those who eat out of boredom, those who have eating disorders, those who don't bother to diet and are heavy, those who have been heavy since they were little and have grown up with that extra weight, which is extremely hard to lose....and it is impossible to group everyone together and say that the ones out of the whole pool who are above a certain size, no matter what their eating habits are like, are fat because they are lazy. I used to babysit for this 3-4-year-old girl who was severely obese for her height. Her parents were quite careful about what she ate, and yet she was still so very large. They were large people, but not quite obese and I'm pretty sure that they're quite careful in general about what they eat (so they would be larger still if they didn't). Can you honestly tell me that her size was caused by laziness and that no genetics were involved at all? It would take a very, very large amount of food to make another child her age that obese and probably no child her age would want that much food, even in sweets. I think of how she will probably be teased in school as she gets older and I feel so sad for her, especially since it is very, very unlikly that she can hold off on gaining weight until her height catches up with her size, so she's going to have problems with her weight for quite some time. This is hardly normal baby fat. On the other hand, my stepsister weighs 60-65 pounds in sixth grade and her after-school snacks usually consist of rich cheese and/or vanilla ice cream, her breakfast is a peanut butter sandwich with four tablespoons of peanut butter on it, her lunch is usually cafeteria pizza/french fries etc, and she eats plenty of dinner as well. Can you really possibly tell me that genetics don't matter?

How about the fact that you're male? That automatically makes your metabolism higher than the average girl's at your age and height. To maintain or get down to a weight of around 120 or 130 at 5'6" according to the Nutrifacts calculator, a girl of 16 would have to consume roughly 1300 calories per day (maybe more towards 1400, but I don't remember). In oder for a 16-year-old guy at 5'6" to require roughly that number of calories per day, his goal weight would have to be 42 pounds. The difference is huge. Do you think that maybe you're influenced by that? Do you think that maybe with your metabolism, it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that it's as easy for other people to maintain a certain weight as is is for you? I think so.

I remember a specific day when I was feeling catty during the period of time that I mentioned in which I was slightly obsessive over my weight. I was on the cross country team, so I was running 3-5 miles per day on average and I coupled it with a restricted but odd diet. Anyway, so I was quite thin and I remember looking at certain girls who had nice figures except that they had lovehandles or who were just a tad above looking perfect for their height and I thought geez, it's just 5 or 10 pounds, that's no big deal. They could lose that so easily if they were just a bit careful. :doh: I look back on that and I'm horrified at my own thought process and lack of understanding. It was my first experience with controlling my weight and it was working fine and dropping fast, so why couldn't others do the same? Never mind how unhealthy my eating habits were.

It does seem that it must be easy for others to lose weight if it is for you, but that can't be true. If it were, wouldn't we all have perfect figures? If we all had the same kind of metabolism, then maybe we could chalk up extra weight to laziness, but it just is not the case.

Ok, so not much of that really relates to the topic at hand, but it does relate to previous posts. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything like that, but I did feel the need to express my opinions on the topic and explain not just that I was offended, but why becuse I felt quite strongly about it. I'm sorry for the novel, and thanks for reading it if you did. :flower:

i did...and thanks for a very informed and civil post... :flower: :kiss:

i must say this whole h&m feat lagerfeld thing thing is bugging me, usually high fasion is so expensive 'cause it's not manufactured with childlabour..

and i was quite shocked when i red that stuff about only small sizes. how is it possible that he thinks he can desing a line with only sizes 32-36 and then try to sell it at h&m where most of the shoppers past teenage are size 38!!!

Originally posted by eloes@Dec 2 2004, 12:25 AM
Ok, I know that this thread has been kind of beaten to death, but...

I understand Alex's point that he should be able to decide what sizes to sell his clothes in. However, once he signs a contract with H&M, he loses whatever privilage to decide that he might have had. He has sold his design services, not his clothes and he has no further control after contracts have been signed and the actual designwork is done.

Acid, you've offended me. I have never been stick thin except for the short period in my life in which I was verging on disordered behavior in an attempt to control my weight and quite frankly, I look ridiculous at very low weights. I'm not obese or overweight, but I probably never will be a size zero. I would like to discuss sizing and body types for a minute.

My mom is 5'10 and a size 10/12. She looks in no way fat but rather is at a size that suits her frame and bone structure very well. She's a gorgeous woman, but she has never been a very small size...and she shouldn't be. "Larger" sizes fit her svelte (for her height and frame) body. I also have friends with large chests who, like luna, wear larger sizes for this reason alone and wear disproportionately smaller sizes on the bottom. I know people who look pudgy at smaller sizes even though others who are the same height and several sizes larger look completely normal/good.

As for the issue of size in relation to effort (as in, fat people as lazy slobs or not:( I have friends who have never ever dieted or even walked near a gym. Their metablolisms are extremely fast and while they may need to start working out at some point to prevent sagging whatever or flabby tummies, it simply won't become an issue for years due to genetics. Other friends, however, have been weight-conscious since middle school and are careful about what they eat and how much they exercise. Some of them maintain slender figures in their efforts while others do not, and it doesn't necessarily matter which have done more exercise or eaten less calories. To some extent it does, of course, but the speed of your metabolism also definitely comes into play, and some are significantly slower than others. Then there are other groups of people. For example, there are those who eat compulsively or yo-yo diet (which is connected to guilt about food, which your posts encourage, by the by), those who eat out of boredom, those who have eating disorders, those who don't bother to diet and are heavy, those who have been heavy since they were little and have grown up with that extra weight, which is extremely hard to lose....and it is impossible to group everyone together and say that the ones out of the whole pool who are above a certain size, no matter what their eating habits are like, are fat because they are lazy. I used to babysit for this 3-4-year-old girl who was severely obese for her height. Her parents were quite careful about what she ate, and yet she was still so very large. They were large people, but not quite obese and I'm pretty sure that they're quite careful in general about what they eat (so they would be larger still if they didn't). Can you honestly tell me that her size was caused by laziness and that no genetics were involved at all? It would take a very, very large amount of food to make another child her age that obese and probably no child her age would want that much food, even in sweets. I think of how she will probably be teased in school as she gets older and I feel so sad for her, especially since it is very, very unlikly that she can hold off on gaining weight until her height catches up with her size, so she's going to have problems with her weight for quite some time. This is hardly normal baby fat. On the other hand, my stepsister weighs 60-65 pounds in sixth grade and her after-school snacks usually consist of rich cheese and/or vanilla ice cream, her breakfast is a peanut butter sandwich with four tablespoons of peanut butter on it, her lunch is usually cafeteria pizza/french fries etc, and she eats plenty of dinner as well. Can you really possibly tell me that genetics don't matter?

How about the fact that you're male? That automatically makes your metabolism higher than the average girl's at your age and height. To maintain or get down to a weight of around 120 or 130 at 5'6" according to the Nutrifacts calculator, a girl of 16 would have to consume roughly 1300 calories per day (maybe more towards 1400, but I don't remember). In oder for a 16-year-old guy at 5'6" to require roughly that number of calories per day, his goal weight would have to be 42 pounds. The difference is huge. Do you think that maybe you're influenced by that? Do you think that maybe with your metabolism, it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that it's as easy for other people to maintain a certain weight as is is for you? I think so.

I remember a specific day when I was feeling catty during the period of time that I mentioned in which I was slightly obsessive over my weight. I was on the cross country team, so I was running 3-5 miles per day on average and I coupled it with a restricted but odd diet. Anyway, so I was quite thin and I remember looking at certain girls who had nice figures except that they had lovehandles or who were just a tad above looking perfect for their height and I thought geez, it's just 5 or 10 pounds, that's no big deal. They could lose that so easily if they were just a bit careful. :doh: I look back on that and I'm horrified at my own thought process and lack of understanding. It was my first experience with controlling my weight and it was working fine and dropping fast, so why couldn't others do the same? Never mind how unhealthy my eating habits were.

It does seem that it must be easy for others to lose weight if it is for you, but that can't be true. If it were, wouldn't we all have perfect figures? If we all had the same kind of metabolism, then maybe we could chalk up extra weight to laziness, but it just is not the case.

Ok, so not much of that really relates to the topic at hand, but it does relate to previous posts. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything like that, but I did feel the need to express my opinions on the topic and explain not just that I was offended, but why becuse I felt quite strongly about it. I'm sorry for the novel, and thanks for reading it if you did. :flower:
[snapback]447051[/snapback]​

Thank you, eloes. I agree with you wholeheartedly. Weight is definitely a personal thing and definitely ties in with genetics. Some people are just not meant to be stick thin. I am definitely not stick thin.. and my boobs don't help.. but I exercise 3 times a week (my actual only free time off from classes)... I am by no means lazy.

I'm still offended by some members' insensitive comments. But hey, what can you do?

I think the only point here is this:

If he wanted to make demands about the clothes sizes, then he shouldn´t have done a colection for H&M.

He must have been paid a LOT to do it and i really don´t believe it that he wasn´t aware that the clothes were going to be made in a range different of sizes.
I think he only said it so the rest of the brands and people for whom he designs won´t think bad of him whenever they see a size 16 woman in his designs for H&M.
He IS sad...

faust said:
don't give him any ideas
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I mean Karl isn't exactly the healthiest guy around, do you honestly expect me to believe that he lost all that weight in a healthy way?

Not long ago he was as big as a blimp now he starved himself down to 120lbs and expects others to do the same?

Dont Hate On Lagerfeld

Karl Lagerfeld Can Say Whatever The Hell He Wants...fashion Is Meant For The Masses But You Can Always Twirk It To Whatever Client Base You So Choose....so If You Cant Fit In A Size That Is Considered Small By Lagerfeld...than Your Not The Lagerfeld Client!!!!.....simple As That

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimsplayhard
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->