Most Overpriced Designer? #3

I don’t think Jane Birkin necessarily looked classy with her bag. She just used that bag for the function. The fact that it became a sign of wealth or a coveted bag was out of hand a bit for her. She used it since the 80’s and it only became really a thing in the 90’s.

I hate the idea of treating a bag like a baby as I like to use things I buy.

Anybody whose birkin hold it shape is suspect to me.

I don’t think Jane Birkin necessarily looked classy with her bag. She just used that bag for the function. The fact that it became a sign of wealth or a coveted bag was out of hand a bit for her. She used it since the 80’s and it only became really a thing in the 90’s.

I hate the idea of treating a bag like a baby as I like to use things I buy.

Anybody whose birkin hold it shape is suspect to me.
There is something so clean and commendable of someone taking care of their expensive bags. It gives off clean girl.

I think the message that Jane was sending with her Birkin is brave and commendable, which is very rare in these days and Kim would never. I always love her for bringing up that social consciousness as a cultural icon!

There is something so clean and commendable of someone taking care of their expensive bags. It gives off clean girl.
There’s a difference between taking care of your bags and baby them. It’s important to take care of your stuff all together: clothes, bags, shoes but you have also to use it for what it is.
I carry my « precious » belongings in my bag. I don’t want my bag to be on top of that my precious belonging.

But something needs to also be said about the price of those items that kind of changes the perception and the way people uses them.

And it’s one of the reason why I’ve never been interested in buying a Birkin, Kelly or Constance and why lately I carry more my 2.55 than my classic Chanel.
When I’m around with my Paris Bombay, my Victoria or my Plume, I use them as regular bags. When you have a Birkin, a Kelly…etc. And even more when it’s exotic skin, you have to be extra cautious. It’s too much.

with everyone just keeping their exotics and special made hermes bags in their closet, the bubble will explode as hermes isn't stopping making them and the resale value will probably catch up to in store prices.

i will/do commend people who use their exotics as their everyday wear and tear bag. that for me is luxury and being able to afford using it the way it was intended to be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamascoTricepudo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->