Haider Ackermann F/W 2015.16 Paris

The second look is my absolute favorite. Haider can never disappoint.

wonderful wonderful collection!! i love the use of mixed prints and jagged top-stitching, and the pleating is great too, both in the short skirt/tops over leather leggings and in the longer skirts - that one mixed fabric black midi pleated skirt with the satin asymmetrical hem is just ... wow...:blush:

omg-
this is NOT what i was expecting when i opened this thread but at first glance i love it already...
must take a look at it closely to absorb it properly...
but i love this direction...
didn't know he had it in him, frankly...

:clap:

wonderful wonderful collection!! i love the use of mixed prints and jagged top-stitching, and the pleating is great too, both in the short skirt/tops over leather leggings and in the longer skirts - that one mixed fabric black midi pleated skirt with the satin asymmetrical hem is just ... wow...:blush:

I loved that skirt too, and the animal prints ... so many great pieces here. I don't get Chanel, but I do get the 80s.

I'd be surprised if he wanted Chanel.

Glad I was not the only one seeing Chanel. I cannot believe I'm saying this but: I hate it. Really, Haider was always among the indubitable four: Gareth Pugh,Yohji, Ann D and him. I never said "I hate it" about any of their collections until today, the day I start to doubt about Haider. First this "perfectly normal" runway show, with a "normal" catwalk,... and the clothes? Ugly prints everywhere, sequins, skin tight leggings (or whatever that is),... It's like everything I hate about fashion combined with some of his signature cuts. I can't express now sad I am. Well, good for him, I bet he will earn plenty of money with this collection and his sure place in Chanel.

This feels like loosing a friend.

I feel slightly cheated from Haider. I'm probably bias but I don't understand why he's veered away from his strengths of draping the silhouette. This collection looks like a hodgepodge of different ideas, but I can appreciate the singular elements - houndstooth trousers, brushed red velvet etc. He's usually one of my favourites but this season was a disappointment for me.

A great, great collection, I love the color palette and the rough texture.

i still can't get way from how obvious that stitching looks. it's a little too suspiciously close to jurgi persoons. the haphazard and rough pattern down the seams and lines of the silhouette was such a noticeable jurgi signature. not sure what he was intending with that. i talked to jurgi on FB and he was a bit dumbfounded by it.

Really enjoy the proportions, outerwear, and styling. It's a very romantic, refreshing, yet wearable collection.

The always brilliant Katsuya Kamo was responsible for the hair

vogue.fr

wow, i didn't even notice that the stitching was in the hair too: how very cool.

You know, for a designer who's much more known for color than he is for print and pattern, he's really, really good at working with them. I haven't liked one of his collections for a few seasons now, but this was a nice, commanding return to form. That gold flecked burgundy velvet (at least I think I read that it was velvet) is so effing gorgeous it's insane.

Are those crushed velvet red and gold pants? I think I just fashiorgasmed. The collection had me a bit confused in the beginning, then saw all the jackets and then the separates took me by surprised but loved them.
I like this new direction. Its more commercial, but SO luxurious.

Aesthetically, it's still the Haider I loved.. but execution wise, it all went downhill. The Chanel reference is quite obvious tbh, but in a weird way, is better looking than Chanel. It's quite forgettable.

and.. brush that hair gworl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->