Haider Ackermann S/S 2015 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by marcBarna, Sep 27, 2014.

1. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

Looks like they're all more or less Tilda lookalikes.

I too really like what he did with ruffles here--one of the jackets is perfection. Don't know if he's done them before, but they're certainly not what you think of first!

2. Psylocke

Psylocke Active Member

Yeah. I look at Haider Ackermann in three different phases: the early years, the amazing, heavy, leather-focused, sexy era and this new softer, more feminine stage. He's good, probably even exceptional, at all of it, but Spring 2008 - 2011 was when I was seriously obsessed with his work.

The softer stuff seemed a little underwhelming to me at first and I never warmed up to it quite as much. A lot of if just seemed like an overload of expensive fabrics styled in a fairly attractive way. But this is actually very interesting. It's a good mixture of understated and experimental. The color palette is stunning, as always. I don't like all of it, but there is a lot of amazing stuff going on. I think this is really gorgeous.

3. lemeray

lemeray New Member

Did not disappoint one bit. Love all of it, perfection :wub:

4. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

the collection is rife with lovely colourations and a softness that gives the impression of floating. the unbearable lightness of being. quite a fit for summer! :)

5. chloesaab

chloesaab Active Member

my favorite collection at PFW so far

6. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

This is really gorgeous. Love to see him exploring new things, because as much as I love his work, sometimes he can get a bit too stuck in the same silhouette and styling, so it really paid off. It's soft, ultra-feminine, a bit fragile and sensual, but never losing the Haider woman attitude.

7. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

In a rather disappointing season (for me), this really does stand out as one of the best. Always reliable, always chic. I wish I could own these clothes.

8. Melisande

Melisande Active Member

This is what I love about Ackermann. Modern and feminine and so gorgeously cool. The colours and frills are very sumptuous.

9. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

to me this is very close to that more understated quality we saw from haider at his earliest....2002-03...the only difference is,is his take on sexuality...whereas back then the sex appeal was much more fragile this feels bolder,unapologetic and smoldering....but nonetheless poetic.