Harper's Bazaar Australia September 2009 : Sienna Miller

birdyandme

Reaction score
HB0909CoverSienna.jpg

Picture1-7.png

harpersbazaar.com.au

It says exclusive shoot on the cover...however the second image from the website is from Russian Bazaar's July issue.
So not sure exactly what's going on there?

If it is a reprint I kind of wish they'd used the original cover:
Sienna%2BMiller-1.jpg

zimbio.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting. Her neck looks a bit weird. Must be because of the big necklace.

It really looks like a US BAZAAR cover

its not a reprint i dont think thats
Lanvin FW 09 shes wearing

I meant the pics used on the website were images from her July Russian Bazaar cover so I was unsure if they're used inside the mag as well or just for the website. I've yet to see the mag so I don't know.
The cover says exclusive shoot so it could be different - however it would be odd to use old images on the site and new ones in the mag.
But the cover is not a reprint-no. It's totally different from her Russia cover.

I feel like Sienna Miller is so much better than this photo... or maybe thats just the optimist inside me talking

Had a flick in the newsagency today - it says that it's an exclusive and she did it while she was in Sydney (which was what, like 2-3 weeks ago??) Either that or I read incorrectly; I was skimming very quickly!

Had a flick in the newsagency today - it says that it's an exclusive and she did it while she was in Sydney (which was what, like 2-3 weeks ago??) Either that or I read incorrectly; I was skimming very quickly!

Hmm interesting. I wonder why they used the old pics on the website?
Usually they post behind-the-scenes pics etc for exclusive shoots.
Especially for a bigger celeb like Sienna.

Yes there's too much Sienna lately, how boring!!
She has a small neck :D, and the original is far better.

Review

'Sienna' ph. Pavel Havlicek, styled by Kristen Ingersoll, 11 pgs including interview by Corinne Griffith-Cole
-- Sienna Miller in new season stomping around a well-designed house/pool reminds me of vogue US although her hair isn't slicked back its all wavy and messy.

'Berlin' ph. Paul Scala, stylist Mark Vassallo, model Mackenzie Leigh Wienman, 14 pgs
-- more new season stuff, this time different takes on the LBD photographed on location in beautiful berlin, looks like a harpers UK shoot, but still nice all the same.

'For Art's Sake' ph. Pierre Toussaint, stylist Christine Centenera, Model Olivia Henderson, 12 pgs.
-- marc jacobs interview accompanied by new season vuitton photographed against the background of the fashion/art exhibition in bangkok (lots of sprouse).

'Fembots' ph. Pierre Toussaint, stylist Christine Centenera, Model Emma Ishta, 8 pgs.
-- typical harpers shoot focussing on shoulders, costume jewelry and bold prints (sometimes all together) with some very nice styling choices by centenera.

'The Clash' REPRINT harpers US august, ph. camilla akrans, stylist Brana Wolf, model Edita Vilkeviciute, 8 pgs.

'Dion', ph. James fisher, stylist Christine Centenera (again!), creative direction by Mark Vassallo, models Madeleine Russell, Anna Janiak, Marianna Dantec. 8 pgs with interview/article by Katrina Israel
-- everyone loves Dion Lee, he's the man of the moment, the article is really well done though, interesting and some good insight into Dion's design process. The shots are all futuristic, exposed lighting and scaffolding as if to further cement the idea that Lee's designs are futuristic and architectural... very subtle.

'Street Smart' ph. Nicole Bentley, stylist Claudia Navone, model Rosemary Smith, 12 pgs.
-- french dressing with jeans, blazers, thigh high boots and pencil skirts on the streets of sydney CBD. they tried to make it look like Paris, but weren't really all that successful.

All in all a jam-packed issue that i think is trying to convey that even though there have been some major staff changes at the magazine recently it's still going strong and still providing top fashion, lifestyle and beauty/health inspiration. Tahnee Atkinson, winner of Next Top Model, has a 1 pg shot accompanying the editor's letter to reinforce that next month she's going to have her prize winning shoot in the magazine. A couple of reprinted articles (writing has never been AUS bazaar's strong point), and loads of shopping pages. A lot of ads too, and not just the big ones at the front of the magazine but there were about 7 or 8 'harper's bazaar promotions' at 4-8 pages each scattered throughout the magazine. Very disconcerting. Loved the cover though, and some of the shopping pages were nicely done.

I don't think this bring her justice, she could have looked much better I think.

Love Sienna and the cover in that lanvin dress:heart:, the eds sound interesting too especially the vuitton collection one!

Review

'Sienna' ph. Pavel Havlicek, styled by Kristen Ingersoll, 11 pgs including interview by Corinne Griffith-Cole
-- Sienna Miller in new season stomping around a well-designed house/pool reminds me of vogue US although her hair isn't slicked back its all wavy and messy.

Hmm maybe it's not an Australian exclusive then :S Weird. The editor's letter mentioned her trip to Australia and had a candid of her walking on Bondi Beach - I probably just inferred from that :blush:

^ i think the cover shot and the accompanying shot in the same outfit that opens the fashion section is an 'exclusive' shot taken when she was in australia, but the rest of the editorial is from harper's russia... i could be wrong though.

Wow that must have been some crazy rush job. She was only in Australia very briefly and very recently too, and they would have had to send it out to the printer's asap...

No wonder the cover looks a bit off. Like it's too white-washed or too much flash or something, I can't quite put my finger on it. I saw it in real life too and it wasn't much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->