Harper's Bazaar Australia August 2009 : Drew Barrymore by Alexi Lubomirski

birdyandme

Reaction score
Picture1-4.png

harpersbazaar.com.au

Reprint from the November 08 issue?? :shock:
I wish Bazaar would do more original covers - they do some of the better ones of all the editions IMO. Especially considering they don't have access to alot of big name models or celebs.

To recycle an issue from 8 months ago is a bit weird.

I'm excited to see the portfolio on Aussie models though! :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks nice but I agree that it's stupid to use an 8 months old pic.

Perfect use of a reprint! But isn't this a cover from 2008?

^yes, November 2008 as birdyandme mentioned. :flower:

Is this out now!? I'm definitely going to buy this

So that's like next week in the Philippines! Sigh....

very weird and boring to use this again but I guess it's to promote grey gardens in australia....

^ yes i was reading the issue today and it mentions that grey gardens is showing on showtime this month. it was an ok issue, loved seeing all the aussie models (even if some were reprints).

So that's like next week in the Philippines! Sigh....
One week is not that long. Sometimes I have to waiti an entire month before something comes out in my place.

I dobn't mind the mild glamour of this - I like the colours - but surely Australian Bazaar used to have far more adventurous covers than this?

i like the cover... hope that the contents are good. any previews!?

It's alright, nothing special. Nicer than a lot of other Bazaar covers

I dobn't mind the mild glamour of this - I like the colours - but surely Australian Bazaar used to have far more adventurous covers than this?

They used to do some great covers! Kind of like the subscriber covers of Elle or US Bazaar, except they were newsstand covers.

Seriously though, the last 6 or so issues have been reprints from US Bazaar. Pretty much month by month. This is the first time they've used such an old one though. Perhaps it was because they refused to use Angie's candid pic :lol:

Fingers crossed next month is an original cover, but I won't be holding my breath.

This is not great... I wish they would stop treating readers like they were idiots.

From the lovemore blog
I really like this editorial, and the girl is stunning. There is also

a special feature on the rise of the supermodels coming out of Australia with 4 editorials (Pania Rose, Catherine McNeil, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Emma Balfour)

Harpers Bazaar AUS August 2009
Photographer - Nicole Bentley
Styling - Claudia Navone
Model - Pania Rose @ Chic AUS

scan0001-2.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

scan0003-2.jpg

scan0004-2.jpg

scan0005-1.jpg

scan0006-1.jpg

scan0007-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry I don't have the time to scan all the editorials in this particular month's HB, but here's Abbey Lee's editorial :flower:

Australian Harper's Bazaar August 2009
Who says WORKWEAR has to be a dull affiar? Add flashes of rich colour and HIGH SHINE to your nine-five repertoire.
Model: Abbey Lee
Photographer: Greg Kadel
scanned by [sweetpop]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->