Harper's Bazaar June 2007 : Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie by Peter Lindbergh

Why did Glenda put them on the cover? I really don't understand. :huh:
Those puppies look much better than P&N...:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bloody horrible cover. As if we haven't had enough of these two, especially Paris.

On the one hand. We all make mistakes.

On the other hand. Bazaar seems to making more than mistakes lately. These are tactical errors of a massive scale. Its one thing to want to sell copies its another thing altogether to feed into the lowest common denominator. There are about 20 other people (actresses and/or models) they could put on the cover who would no doubt move pages. Instead they pick these two and produce a cover that is both aesthetically unpleasant and unimaginative.

And I like Nicole but no. Just no. This isn't Elle, you can't just send out subpar covers and act like its ok. Even the subscriber cover is bad. Step up your game Glenda! Preserve Liz's legacy!

There better be some incredible editorials in this issue.

Not interested. o_O Nicole is annoying enough, but Paris has it hands down. And I don't care if the dogs are cute.

tigerrouge said:
But we're in the minority. We're a group of sensitive, immensely-aware magazine mentalists who would happily convert an entire room into some sort of library to house our precious collections. The rest of the world buys magazines, flicks through them in a half-hearted way, and then throws them out at the end of the week. We're highly educated about all aspects of a magazine - but we're not the mass market, so our standards don't really count.

It's a cruel irony, I know.
wow, exactly

sorry I just felt like trolling a bit because the responses in this thread were hilariously typical of TFS :lol: but some people still think bashing popular culture makes them unique for some reason :huh:

I agree with tigerrouge and choisir. However, and while it saddens me that such a great magazine like Bazaar would sink this low, I understand that Nicole and Paris would bring more consumers to the magazine. I mean, pretty much everyone has some infatuation with the girls. So, those celebrity obsessed girls that buy all the paparazzi magazines will most likely buy this magazine. It's sad. Sad sad sad.

EDITORIAL REVIEW

24-Hour Couture - By Karl Lagerfeld, Model: Gisele Bundchen
Valentino - By Jean-Paul Goude, Models: Laura Blokhina, Kelly Craig, Anna Druzyaka, Koko, Eva Jay Kubatova, Anna Kuchkina, Cecilia Mendez, Viviane Orth, Carolina Pantoliano, and Anna Tokarska
Fall Preview - By Greg Kadel, Model: Coco Rocha

Last edited by a moderator:
^Sounds promising. Can't wait to see what Karlito does with Gisele.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->