Has a celebrity influenced your wardrobe?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4737
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4737

I was watching VH1, and I noticed how they would say, Jennnifer Lopez wore this, and everyone wanted it, or Debra Messing wore it and everyone wanted it...I was wondering if a celebrity had ever influenced your wadrobe in a way where you based your look around theirs or if seeing them with something made you by that product...Also, do you think that kind of stuff works?- celebrity branding: X-Tina for Sketchers, Beyonce for Pepsi, or Jennifer for Vuitton? Please...Let Me Know! :innocent:

Depending on who it was, it might make me AVOID certain items. :wink:

Well, obviously using celebs to represent products works. They wouldn't do it otherwise. I might be inspired to go buy something if a celeb whose style I admire wears it, but it would be because the celeb made the item look good not because I want to look like them.

Never. While there are some instances like actress Tilda Swinton pushing Viktor & Rolf that I admire,it doesn't provoke me any more than without them to buy something from a certain label etc.

Originally posted by tealady@May 2nd, 2004 - 6:00 pm
ditto :lol:
but besides that, celebrities don't influence by style at all

It works if a die hardfan of the celeb sees it then they GOTTA have it..

Me, no...I don't care...the only influence I get from celebs is if I scan the TV and they are wearing something I like then maybe I'll go "Hhmmm..I want that look"...

but I'd never buy louis vuitton just because j.lo is on there...

I could care less I'm buying the product, not the person.

Originally posted by Scott@May 2nd, 2004 - 11:05 pm
Never. While there are some instances like actress Tilda Swinton pushing Viktor & Rolf that I admire,it doesn't provoke me any more than without them to buy something from a certain label etc.
I totally agree.

I think, in general, celebrity promotion in high fashion is extremely successful. People wonder why no one puts models on covers anymore and in the end, it all boils down to sales and money. If a cover of Nicole Kidman sells four times as much as a cover of Natalia Vodianova, what magazine WOULDN'T put Nicole on the cover? It's just common sense.

Same goes for celeb ad campaigns. The J.Lo campaign got Vuitton incredible amounts of press and column inches and will ultimately help elevate the brand to a new level. If anything is to blame, it's America's maddening celebrity culture where every two-bit loser is guaranteed his or her 15 minutes of fame. It's sad, but that's the reality of things and I hate it when people blame fashion houses/magazines for simply doing what makes the most sense from a business standpoint.

Originally posted by chickonspeed+May 2nd, 2004 - 11:23 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ May 2nd, 2004 - 11:23 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@May 2nd, 2004 - 11:05 pm
I totally agree.

I think, in general, celebrity promotion in high fashion is extremely successful. People wonder why no one puts models on covers anymore and in the end, it all boils down to sales and money. If a cover of Nicole Kidman sells four times as much as a cover of Natalia Vodianova, what magazine WOULDN'T put Nicole on the cover? It's just common sense.

Same goes for celeb ad campaigns. The J.Lo campaign got Vuitton incredible amounts of press and column inches and will ultimately help elevate the brand to a new level. If anything is to blame, it's America's maddening celebrity culture where every two-bit loser is guaranteed his or her 15 minutes of fame. It's sad, but that's the reality of things and I hate it when people blame fashion houses/magazines for simply doing what makes the most sense from a business standpoint. [/b][/quote]
well put... :flower:

Originally posted by tealady@May 2nd, 2004 - 6:00 pm
yes, I don't like to dress like celebrities at ALL
if it happens then it is purely coincidental

Originally posted by whereisthatsusu+May 3rd, 2004 - 6:08 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whereisthatsusu @ May 3rd, 2004 - 6:08 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-tealady@May 2nd, 2004 - 6:00 pm
yes, I don't like to dress like celebrities at ALL
[/b][/quote]
to add that i find most celebrities seriously bad dressed :ninja:

Originally posted by Scott@May 2nd, 2004 - 8:05 pm
agreed

follow? never. :ninja:
anyway, it's another story when sometimes what some of them wear happen to be the items that I like.

tom ford endorsing absolut kurant made me buy a bottle (or three or twelve :blush: )

Originally posted by mikeijames@May 3rd, 2004 - 3:44 pm
tom ford endorsing absolut kurant made me buy a bottle (or three or twelve :blush: )
Well, Kurant is yummy! :wink:

Oh, and I think the Absolut people are clever. The Swedish "kurant" is close to "currant", as in the English blackcurrant. The Swedish word "kurant" means, sort of, "in good health". Which could be slightly contradictory since we're talking booze... :P

for me it's more like if i see something i've never seen before on a celebrity, and i like it, then i want it. it's more just that celebrities have the option of advertising for the more expensive labels of clothes

if anyone follows a trend worn by celebs... i would love to know who made this dior wannabe -im so cool- type girl to be seen everywhere...

ok back on topic :innocent:

i dont know.. i guess i really dont care what celebs wear...

but then again, its all in our heads... :glare:
fashions best media is actors, singers, fashion mags.
somehow we tend to follow without wanting to admit it.. even if its a hippie or vintage style.. its still all "shown" to us or promoted by other means than our brain working it out for itself... :rofl:

so i would love to say im not influenced by ANY celeb... but the minute i decide to watch telly or read vogue (just as an example) i already have a certain idea of what i like and dont like in my head...

im being very general here but im pretty sure that this unconsciousness is proven to be true :hardhead:

If I see something I like I will want it just the same weather it's being advertised by an actress or a model.

There are some famous people who inspire such as Milla Johvovich (spelling??) and SJP in SATC. I wouldn't wear anything just because they did but they do influence, can't deny that.

I like to see how celebrities with my body type and colouring pull themselves together. I wouldn't say they influence how I dress though since I can't afford anything they wear. :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murmuration
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->