Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Schedule

Well they have yet to confirm a location of the Dior show, because if it was at Rue Cambon they would have already said so. So Im hoping that a new location will also bring a new collection with new ideas for this years show. Although I have liked the previous collections, I want to see something new. Am I reaching to far?

Does someone know where the Givenchy show takes place? :flower:

^^People who have invitations should only know.
And Same places have changed!!!

Mon 5:
Dior: Unknow wet

Wed 7:
Valentino: 6pm 8, Place Vendome

See all the changes here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Givenchy Bids Goodbye to Couture Runway
from WWD:
PARIS — Dialing up the exclusive cachet of its high fashions, Givenchy is bidding adieu to the runway for couture and instead will invite clients and editors to individual appointments starting...
http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/givenchy-bids-goodbye-to-couture-runway-3133919

If anyone has a subscription to WWD, posting the full article would be greatly appreciated by all.

I'm not sure how I feel about this quite yet! On the one hand, I always love a runway show, and Riccardo has put on some great ones for Givenchy Couture. On the other, his first Givenchy Couture shows were all presentation style, and knowing Riccardo, this will not be a simple affair...and especially with rumors of a collaboration with Marina Abramovic, I wouldn't be surprised if this upcoming Couture show debuts the result.

^oh, that's maybe a change for the better. I prefer a fantastic presentation contra runaway.

^^I agree actually...I think it may be a change for the better. Givenchy Couture hasn't quite been it's best the last season or two, and I think something different, at the least, presentation wise, may prove to be a positive move.

And honestly, with any other designer, a presentation viewing might scare me, but Riccardo has proved that even when his designs are showcased in a gallery-like setting, he still is totally capable of creating drama.

One hand it's a pity indeed, but on the other, makes me think of the amazing F/W 2005 couture presentation. Plus the possible collaboration with Marina makes me excited already ^_^

With help of google translate (Source: vogue.ru)

Givenchy creative director Riccardo quiet plans to continue to reduce the collection of haute couture to 10 models. They will be exhibited for viewing in the mansion of the 18 th century at the Place Vendome in Paris.

"I want to make high fashion more isolated than it is now, to presentation of the collection was not a regular fashion shows" - says his idea of Ricardo calm. "People can feel the idea of haute couture - see everything and touch.

Together with the manager of LVMH, Pierre-Yves designer Russel said that the change in format will be made not for economic reasons. Moreover, a new way of presentation with mannequins, top models like Maria Carla Boscone and Lara Stone, creating lookbook with photographer Willie Vanderperre will cost 35% more than the traditional podium display.

Silence explained the changes that many devoted fans of haute couture Givenchy, including members of royal families, are unable to attend shows in the fashion week for security reasons. Haute couture means by a high-class service to which the new season will strive Givenchy.

Pierre-Yves Roussel said about that the next collection will be accompanied by unexpected cooperation in the areas of accessories and jewelry. Future brand partners are kept secret. The official presentation of the collection before the sale will be held in the salons of the company on the Avenue Georges V, which will be changed, referring to the days when there were small private screenings for a narrow range of clients.

GIVENCHY has announced it is to stop couture catwalk shows in favour of individual client and editor appointments. The label's couturier Riccardo Tisci will condense the collection into 10 looks and present them in an 18th century town house on the Place Vendome in Paris.
"I want to make couture even more special than it is, and not just another catwalk show," Tisci told WWD. "People can really experience the couture moment - see it, touch it."
The label asserts the decision has nothing to do with cost saving, stressing that the new presentation is likely to cost 35 per cent more than a catwalk show. The installation will include a look book shot by Vogue photographer Willy Vanderperre and model appearances from Lara Stone and Mariacarla Boscono.
Tisci revealed future collections will be unveiled at the label's couture salons where mini catwalk shows will be held.
"After a crisis, a new era always starts," the designer added. "It's going to be a very good moment for creativity. For couture, it's going to go back to being very exclusive."
Vogue.com

35% More than a catwalk show? With 10 Pieces of Haute Couture? Is a joke. :lol:

^yeah, I mean only 10 looks? boring. That's certainly a cost saving move, how can a presentation be more expensive than a catwalk show?

Now, I am disappointed about the 10 looks. They better be the best looks he's designed during his tenure if he's going to do just 10 looks.

Now, I am disappointed about the 10 looks. They better be the best looks he's designed during his tenure if he's going to do just 10 looks.

It's a little disconcerting, but Tisci has beyond proven that he is capable of doing a coherent and directional collection with far fewer silhouettes than the average designer. I suppose his thinking is that he'd rather keep us wanting more than giving us any repetition.

I don't consider preparing 10 looks that bad, actually. One thing is the idea of bringing couture to its luxurious level, plus with couture being more and more prêt-à-porter nowadays, it can be more interesting to put more effort in creating and focusing on ten haute, elaborated pieces.

I have to say it really sucks to hear that about Givenchy. I just hope these 10 looks are really amazing

Well they have yet to confirm a location of the Dior show, because if it was at Rue Cambon they would have already said so. So Im hoping that a new location will also bring a new collection with new ideas for this years show. Although I have liked the previous collections, I want to see something new. Am I reaching to far?

On another note Christian Dior will be presenting at Musée Rodin, so I wonder what we will see:innocent:

^ I just hope that dior will show something new, the last two-three years have been horrible.

^I cant say that I have hated the things he has done in recent years because most of it I have actually found to be very beautiful, I just want something fresh and new as far as his insperation for the collection. At least we know it will be an actuall runway show. Im excited to see whats going to be shown

OMG - Christian Dior - HC F/W 10.11 at Musée Rodin - 79 rue de Varenne - Paris 7e :woot::shock::woot:

OMG - I can't wait for see that collection! :heart::cry:

paris_musee_rodin.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

dbparisout09.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back