Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Schedule

^Probably yes :lol:
But it least they left the Maison again...seriously, I din't care for that at all. After Shanghai's fantastically produced show, my hopes are up for a nice show. But apparantly those last few gowns in that Cruise show were couture? If they were any indication then I won't be jumping up and down once the pics roll in.

Disappointed to hear Givenchy will only show 10 pieces. It better be good, cause last season was hard on my eyes.

Chanel's next couture set will be a twenty-five meters high lion with a foot on a pearl, from which the models will come out...

^LOL, is Chanel doing really that well financially? They spare no expenses for their shows it seems.

It's sad that the HC schedule is so short and that labels are dropping out. :( Maybe we could get some new blood in there. Gucci and Versace need to show their collections maybe.

^My personal dream is Balenciaga and Lanvin doing couture collections. That would be really understandable, since these houses once were such a big part of the haute couture world.

Twenty-five meters high lion at Chanel sounds like another huge gimmick, but well, whatever works to attract attention.

^LOL, is Chanel doing really that well financially? They spare no expenses for their shows it seems.

well, the lion will not be made of marble and gold. it's surely a cheap wood construction covered by paint.

I guess it would be something like this:

lappartementdecocochane.jpg

chanel

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that means we'll be seeing haute mane on models.

It trend of 2011?

WOW - Karl and yours ideas... Iceberg from Sweden and now a lion. This is so Excentric.

God send great ideas for Karl, i trust in you karl my baby :D)

^Hopefully the clothes are as exuberant as the set. I'm only excited for Givenchy due to the new format change.

but 10 looks? Not easy.

Personally, I prefer 10 looks more focused on haute couture than 22 RTW-like that do nothing for me.

This is actually the first time for few seasons I'm excited for Givenchy couture. Considering the previous Riccardo's presentations, I expect a major drama here.

I just realized that I will be in Paris during the fashion week ... : O

Does anyone know if it is possible to go to any of the fashion shows or even stand outside without being invited? I know it'd be extremely difficult, but I would love to atleast be outside when everyone arrives and leaves.

^ yes. I think it's possible to stand outside and watch models and invites enter the venue. look at the couture-schedule and find the places. then just wait outside and hope to see somebody you'll recognize :wink:

I think it's usually much people outside those events, last time at JP Gaultier there was actually a large group of demonstrating PETA activists. loud as hell - I heard from someone!

^ yes. I think it's possible to stand outside and watch models and invites enter the venue. look at the couture-schedule and find the places. then just wait outside and hope to see somebody you'll recognize :wink:

I think it's usually much people outside those events, last time at JP Gaultier there was actually a large group of demonstrating PETA activists. loud as hell - I heard from someone!

Yeah I'll probably do that, stand outside with the photographers and Peta activists aha : ) Thank you!

^you're welcome! and take your camera with you, you may need it! :flower:

A giant lion?! That sounds exciting even if the clothes are tacky or uninteresting I will always look froward to Chanel. Givenchy could actually turn out quite interesting but no matter how nice the clothes are or how arty the presentation is I still want to see them in motion, though I have absolute faith it won't be as dull and lifeless as your standard presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->