Holga / Lomographic Cameras & Photography

They're all the same really. The one without flash I like because I can put any flash I want to on it. Except those nifty Canon Speedlites. I thought mine was going to explode on it, well it did. Internally. :(

$27 is a damn good price. *thumbs up*

My first batch.. just testing out the filters, flash and double exposure
so far I feel like the Holga is magical.. it gives me nostalgia like looking at photos from childhood.:heart:

1_tn.jpg

2_tn.jpg

3_tn.jpg

4_tn.jpg

5_tn.jpg

6_tn.jpg

^ NICE shots. Aren't these things magical? Did you scan the prints or the negatives?

Did anyone buy one on ebay?
Are there things you have to pay special attention to when buying one?
( can you get them in an usual camera store?)

Did anyone buy one on ebay?
Are there things you have to pay special attention to when buying one?
( can you get them in an usual camera store?)

I bought mine on eBay. It's usually cheaper than most places you can find them (unless you find one used at a camera shop). Normal camera stores don't typically sell Holga's. Perhaps if you can find a camera store near a university campus, they might have some.

Just don't buy from places like Urban Outfitters! They overcharge you! All you really need is the Holga camera, not all the bells and whistle kits that places like Urban Outfitters sell that have "extra" stuff. Chances are, you won't use it.

Oh, and I wouldn't pay more than $30 for a Holga. Urban Outfitter charges some ridiculous price like $70, not including shipping!

I bought mine on eBay for like $22 including shipping. I have the 120N and I'm very happy with it.

^ NICE shots. Aren't these things magical? Did you scan the prints or the negatives?
scanned the prints. they're a little grainy but resizing helps!

I need a negative scanner.. does anyone have any recommendations?

Canon 8600. I have the model before, the 8400F. Easy to use, at first. Then when you want to get complicated, it's gets down and dirty. You can also scan past the frame, unlike other scanners. I can lay whatever I want on the glass and it scans without issues.

oh i love lomo cameras :smile: they're so fun to play with (but they also break very easily...)
i got my LCA from the lomo site..totally ripped me off tho

i dont know whether to get the 120N or the 120FN. i have an old vivtar flash that i used for an old canon. i dont know if it will work with the Holga or not.

hautefemme, what kind of filter did you use for the third one? Looks great

The sky just happened to look amazing so I just used the yellow flash.

i dont know whether to get the 120N or the 120FN. i have an old vivtar flash that i used for an old canon. i dont know if it will work with the Holga or not.

120N. That way you can pick what flash you want to use. :smile:

Mine was only $20. A 120S with a hotshoe that I can add on a flash. I will post my pics.

i love my lomo cameras. i have the holga, diana and fisheye.

i dropped holga the other day and her flash has stopped working :S so she only really works on sunny days!

i wanted a holga but i ended up getting a diana instead. stillll havent printed out my pictures =T

i'm thinking of buying a holga for my beginners photo class...would that be a wise decision?

No, there's absolutely no control over a Holga. One shutter speed and aperture. Your teacher will probably break it across his/her knee in front of you. Doesn't mean you can't sneak a few rolls of black and white into the darkroom when nobody's looking... But ask your teacher first.

The Holga, if used conceptually, can be a really good tool for creating dream-like photography.

If you play with double exposures, the result can be super interesting.

And it will impress your teacher! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->