How do you deal with a quality issue?

Meg

inspired contemplation
Reaction score
okay my p,d&c jeans which i bought 3 1/2 months ago are already starting to wear on the inner thigh right my by the seam. in fact, it's wearing where the fabrics is on the inside of the inner thigh. (does that make sense? might take a pic with my digi cam later and post).

Anyway, I don't wear them that often (maybe once, twice a week) and they aren't tight enough on me that they would constantly rub together on the inner thigh but I want to know if there is anything i can do to stop before this wearing becomes a full-fledged hole. it is so aggravating! I just bought them a couple months ago.

Help, please :flower:

If you bought them from a reputable store, bring them back. As much as I love supporting independent boutiques, a lot of times it pays to buy from stores like Barneys, because they take EVERYTHING back.

Originally posted by faust@Mar 19th, 2004 - 3:35 pm
If you bought them from a reputable store, bring them back. As much as I love supporting independent boutiques, a lot of times it pays to buy from stores like Barneys, because they take EVERYTHING back.
I bought them from an independant boutique :lol: And while my family knows the owners I would hate to put them in an awkward position if they didn't want to take them back. Plus there is some wear on the heels so one might claim i was over wearing them...(though they started to wear on the heels about two weeks after i got them, regardless of me getting them shortened).

Originally posted by mehg+Mar 19th, 2004 - 10:40 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mehg @ Mar 19th, 2004 - 10:40 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Mar 19th, 2004 - 3:35 pm
I bought them from an independant boutique :lol: And while my family knows the owners I would hate to put them in an awkward position if they didn't want to take them back. Plus there is some wear on the heels so one might claim i was over wearing them...(though they started to wear on the heels about two weeks after i got them, regardless of me getting them shortened). [/b][/quote]
I'd try it anyway, because I would think they can easily get a refund from the manufacturer. Good luck!

that's been happening alot...you may not be the only person who's had this problem at this particular store...and faust is right...they send it back to pdc and get a refund...it's called a chargeback...just be very sweet about it and ask them to exchange them for you...that's usually easier than asking for a refund...

my friend just had to take a pair of rogans back to barney's...they completely ripped after she wore them for a week...ridiculous...she got a new pair (which she checked carefully) and she's very happy... :flower:

you can call the PD&C sales rep to , becuas it may eb a qualtiy issue.

One of the best ways is to buy only from stores (like Nordstrom's) that will help you without a hassle if you have a quality issue. Nine times out of 10, this solves the issue before it starts--typically nothing goes wrong if you buy from a store that will take it back :wink:

I had an issue with a bag I bought there last year ... it really was a design flaw if you ask me, but they gave me options, & no flack when I decided I wanted to exchange rather than repair.

I feel like the more expensive the item is, the better the quality can be.

I think that is applicable compared to stores like Claires, Victoria's Secret, and American Eagle.

^ That's true ... I really value the time I spend choosing things, so nothing could annoy me more than when something breaks immediately. So I do avoid certain stores :wink:

In the shop i work in people bring back shoes from literaly 4 years ago asking for a refund because the heals broke etc. we of course have to honour them an exchange.. i personally think this is taking the piss quite alot and would never dream of doing it.. is it just me being funny or do you also think its cheeky as hell???

although its personaly made me re-think returning things to a store.. i just wish i only kept recipets haha

In the shop i work in people bring back shoes from literaly 4 years ago asking for a refund because the heals broke etc. we of course have to honour them an exchange.. i personally think this is taking the piss quite alot and would never dream of doing it.. is it just me being funny or do you also think its cheeky as hell???

although its personaly made me re-think returning things to a store.. i just wish i only kept recipets haha

i dont think people realise how much you can get away with at highstreet stores serisously alot have this policy. not strictly fashion but when i worked in HMV a month after christmas you could exchange or get credit for any cd/dvd/game without a receipt which is funny since it being music it could be from any store or you could have had it for years:ninja: (i took back some videos since they were still in their cling film wrapping and still had the barcode on which was strange since videos were discontinued years ago)

although when i was bought some vivienne westwood shoes for my 21st my ex bf had bought the size too small since he was advised to do this by the staff because they were heels ( dont even get me started on how wrong that advice is!) needless to say they didnt fit and since they only have a week return policy money back was out of the question but they wouldnt even exchange the shoes for the correct size so im stuck with expensive shoes i cannot wear. i've still yet to sell them on ebay to see if i can atleast make some money back but i dont want to part with my dream shoes like i have anything else designer i can oogle over.

i cannot get over how stupid those sales assistants must have been to think you should go a size down in heels:angry:

^^ i would have argued like mad saying how can u go down a size lol i really wouldnt have taken no for an answer... did u write to their head office complaining etc. if your kicked off enough im sure they would have honoured it to to shut u up

ha no the ex bought them he had the reciept and i wasnt there when he tried to take them back knowing him he didnt scream or shout like i would have i had uni to go to!

i know its not really a quality issue but i still look at those shoes everyday and hope my feet will somehow shrink (and my birthday was in feb :ninja:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->