I'm not a plastic bag - Anya Hindmarch

rubbish,
didnt get any and dont want one now either: big boo!

this bag was said to be all over. thats the WHOLE poitn of the bag. NOT to make it exclusive so everyone can carry them instead of plastic bags but anya did it wrong once more :rolleyes:

It's pathetic that it takes a celebrity in order for people to do a small eco-friendly gesture.I bet they'll all continue to use plastic bags or stop using them once the hype wears off.

fab_fifties_fille said:
I got there half an hour before my local sainsburys store opened this morning...and there was already 30 people who had been queuing and allocated bags. Gah!

Same here!! It completely defeats the point of the whole thing...

limited edition eco bags...

Same here - all 30 tickets handed out when I got to my local store at 7.10am then drove to my next nearest store where they had 90 bags and I was number 102 in the queue!!!
So much for all the petrol emissions while I was trying to get the eco bag :(

I've been using non-plastic shopping bags for years now... I wish this wasn't so hyped up, and people would use the bags forever instead of just while the "trend" is going on.

TheKiwi said:
I've been using non-plastic shopping bags for years now... I wish this wasn't so hyped up, and people would use the bags forever instead of just while the "trend" is going on.

agreed!!! i shudder at the thought of all the "fashionistas" using this bag as a handbag, then disgarding it when the "fad" is over. :yuk:

have you seen some of the prices on ebay:ninja:

its shocking, i mean good for the people fleecing idiots who will pay £200 for a bag costing a fiver, but dear lord it defeats the point these will end up as hand bags and the use of plastic bags will not drop as they will be filled with ipods and stupidly posh phones instead:rolleyes:

The prices are crazy and what is maddening is that some of us actually wanted to use it for its original purpose!

These are cute, they'll be good for carrying around small groceries. I certainly wouldn't pay $120 for one but as a shopping bag for $15 its pretty good.

Jam1e said:
The prices are crazy and what is maddening is that some of us actually wanted to use it for its original purpose!
I completely agree. I've been thinking about it and I wish that the bags weren't limited so everyone could have at least one... my God it's insane how much they're going on for on eBay!
doh.gif

novella said:
I completely agree. I've been thinking about it and I wish that the bags weren't limited so everyone could have at least one... my God it's insane how much they're going on for on eBay!
doh.gif

Novella I totally agree - How can they come with the principle that only a very few can have this supposedly eco bag - are the rest of us meant to carry on usin plastic bags?!:huh:

I got mine at Saino's this morning and I'm really pleased with it. I can take it on shopping trips and smugly say no to a plastic bag.

You are very lucky :smile: What time did you get there?
How many do you think were in the queue that didn't get one?

I got mine today aswell I queued up outside my local Sainsbury's, yes I am guilty of buying merely as a fashion statement, but hey I bought a pasta snack and proudly declined the plastic bag.

Jam1e said:
You are very lucky :smile: What time did you get there?
How many do you think were in the queue that didn't get one?

The store opened at 8am and I was in the queue at 6.45am, where I got 4th place. As I left there were people still arriving hoping to get one, so I have no idea how many people left disappointed, quite a few I imagine!

I think the fact that my local store is a relatively small one and the time I arrived helped.

There was a whole family that turned up each wanting a ticket and they got very irate when the staff refused to give a ticket to their child! It was obvious they weren't there for a bag for themselves, only to sell on ebay or similar!

I think it is fine to get one as a fashion statement and well done to Belle and Rachy! It is just a shame that some people were buying purely to sell off on ebay when others really wanted it to use and as a fashion statement!
My husband is in Paris and has offered to get me a carrier bag from Monoprix!
Guess I could start a new trend!!!!!

from http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk

26 April 2007
ANYA HINDMARCH
Lindsay Clydesdale
PROOF you can never over-estimate people's stupidity came yesterday when £5 eco-friendly bags were snapped up at 8am from Sainsbury's then went on sale hours later for £275 on eBay. The bag, designed by Anya Hindmarch, was seen on the arms of celebs three months ago, but none would be seen dead carrying one now the riff-raff have got their paws on them. Women, save your money or buy a tree and plant it, but stop acting like sheep.​

Nice one FunkyKitten!! I am definitely over them now - why spend that amount on a sainsburys bag that every one has?!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh that is great funkykitten! im still going to try and get one though. i think the words on them are cute and i need a bag i can throw around and not freak because i sepnt mad-moola on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->