I'm not a plastic bag - Anya Hindmarch

You know what p****d me off though...they sold the Anya bags in Sainsburys plastic bags.

I only saw one women out of the thirty in the queue actually refuse a plastic bag, the rest said that they wanted their eco bag in it, and one even said that she didn't want it to 'get dirty'...ebayers

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good point, when I left like 80-90% of people left with their bags in a plastic bag, the small minority chucked their stuff in it and used it right away.

Guys there is possibily more bags will be available at the end of May - Log onto Anya's website for details :wink:
Also just spoke to a friend who works at Sainsbury and he has heard there may be some more available in stores at the end of May!

julzangel said:
You know what p****d me off though...they sold the Anya bags in Sainsburys plastic bags.
That defeats the object of having them in the first place then doesn't it.. :rolleyes:

^ it absolutely does! i guess sometimes people don't realize when we are being hypocrites...or some people just don't care.

Jam1e said:
Guys there is possibily more bags will be available at the end of May - Log onto Anya's website for details :wink:
Also just spoke to a friend who works at Sainsbury and he has heard there may be some more available in stores at the end of May!

Course there will be, these kinds of 'limited editions' are rarely limited for long. Give it a couple of months and there'll be people weeping into their 'I'm not a plastic bag' after they realised they spent all that money on something you can get in any Sainsburys.

Remember the Manolo Blahnik shoehorn? That was supposedly limited edition, people were buying them for silly money on ebay. You can buy it in any Habitat now. I also remember lots of the Limited Edition Nike shoes, they sold for 100's then six months later they rerelease it. Lets not lose our head here ladies, best not to fall for the hype.

Has anyone heard about the eco-friendly bags that are being made by Coco Ribbon? apparently they will be out in june

The "popularity" of these bags really aggravates me. While the concept is commendable; the "limited release" and delivery just defeats the entire purpose! Why make it so that "first come, first serve" are able to contribute to our planet? The plastic packaging is just the last straw!.. <sigh>

Jam1e said:
Absolutely right - We need to resist all of the hype!!!!!

I on the other hand, being a student with a part time job of minimum wage and an addiction to high end luxury brands, am guilty of taking advantage of those folks with more $$ than brains. Yes, if I could purchase more than one, you'd bet I would and sell them on ebay. But only for the much needed cause to fund further, more exspensive handbag purchases. I'd keep one and wear it for the cause, but I can't help to seize trends by the horns and capitalize off of them when I can. I call it "handbag-funds smarts" :lol: And if those people are dumb enough to shell out hundreds for the sake of being trendy, then I dont feel at all guilty of profiting from them. HAHAHHAHA:ninja:

Jun3machina - I understand what you are saying and if you can make a good profit from people who can afford to pay crazy prices - then good for you! :wink: My prob is with the the companies who cause all the hype and get free advertising!! Yes I am stupid enough to be drawn in - but I did actually want to use the bag for its original purpose and there should of been enough bags for all - Thyuanat post is exactly my point.
Anyway I hope you get the handbag that you want! :smile:

i just thought i'd throw in my two cents and why i would do that....:rofl:

jam1e: i absolutely agree! they should have had enough bags to meet the demand....but i think it was also wise to create a hype....that's how fashion works. if it's hard to get, it's elite-ist and that creates demand. if you can buy it everywhere, it hardly ever catches on.......

jun,

that applies to fashion but this is (hopefully) not meant to be fashion. and when anya sent out those bags to keira, lily cole, etc. it was mainly to promote the idea thats behind it. the hype because a celebrity is carrying it (so its cool) but also the fact that its supposed to help the environment (which is often not related to fashion).
something went wrong there with the quantities they produced.
it simply cant be right and defeats the purpose. (if helping the environment was her purpose)
and like many mentioned, am sure more will be produced soon.

what you say above would apply if she had made a bag where the profit goes entirely to her and it wasnt sold for 5 but more like 500+ pounds£, no?

either that or anya and the PR behind her are silly:huh:

dont get me wrong though, i agree that they did it purposely but that it wasnt very well thought:unsure:

:flower:

"dont get me wrong though, i agree that they did it purposely but that it wasnt very well thought"

yes, i agree...if it was soley for the purpose of garnering more attention towards comsumers doing their part to help save the environment, i do agree it should have been much more thought out. so dont package the bags in plastic: that's like an oxymoron. Dont only produce a small quantity, especially after you give them away as free-bees to mega stars whose fashion choices and handbags start frenzys among the readers of people, us weekly, elle and the like.

While i would like to think that her reasons behind this bag and the way it was released were just flaws to a genuine interest in promoting environmental concerns and responsibility.....i cannot say that that was all that was on her agenda. Sure, she's not making hundreds or thousands off these bags, but she is gaining hype and noteriety for her name. I for one, had never heard of the designer before any of this. Generally, designers give bags to celebs as free advertising. So she took advantage of it. If she really wanted to promote environmental consciousness though, she should have had tons of bags behind her in a warehouse to sell to anyone and everyone who wanted one. Screw the hype. But she didn't....and now there IS hype....several magazines have captioned her name with pics of celebs with this bag. People now know who she is. And whether her motives were 100% genuine or not, environmentalism is THE CURRENT TREND and we now know who Anya Hindmarch is.

agreed.... well she is quite famous and she is doing pretty well. she is considered one of UKs most succesful business ladies...and if im correct she has enough backing and not much to worry about.
i guess thats why i didnt agree with the way it was done.
but yeah, her main collection is rubbish and every now and then she comes out with something noone else has thought of to lift her image.

everyone remember BE A BAG? the bag with your picture on it? She had done it and just I have 3 of those!!:ninja:
Then she came out with the Bespoke EBURY with your own caption inside the bag. (didnt like that one)

but, both, after that first launch and the second her line took off like mad.
again, what she did was great marketing but this time with a bad intention IMO:doh:

Where I was, people weren't leaving with their bag in a Sainsbury's plastic bag. But I did have a look on ebay to see what ridiculous prices they were selling for and some one had photographed their bag with a Sainos plastic bag and the receipt, like designer bags are! As if the plastic bag was a dustbag or something!......I couldn't believe it.

Wow, how crazy!!! thanks for all the info everyone :smile:
i'd love to get my hands on one, because I need a big tote and I like what they say. I'm a vegan and I already dont' use plastic bags, so I don't see what the craze is..I'd like one because it's cute and for a great cause..but we can't get them in Australia..so if anyone is willing to get one and ship it over here please pm me!
I really find it ridiculous people went to the store and got the SA's to put it in a plastic bag, they should have refused plastic bags for this sale at least!!
it's crazy what people's attitude is doing to the environment.

35df_1_b.JPG

ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->