Industrie Magazine Premiere Issue : Anna Wintour

who is the model? i'm not too fond of the first shot, but the other ones are beyond awesome!

^ when i saw the name Alessandra, i didn't think it could be possibly Alessandra Ambrosio actually... i'm shocked, but in a very pleasant way.! the cover of that first issue may be predictable as i stated previously, but at least the edits inside seem to be rather innovative! the concept of that ed is slightly déjà-vu for sure, but the model choice is bold, and the outcome fantastic. thanks for posting :flower:

i am beyond impressed by alessandra's versatility; she's completely transformed. i want to see more of her editorially.

I Absolutely love that editorial, and it doesn't even look like her
the styling is great, katie did a great job and solvo shot it perfectly!

I´m fascinated with Alessandra´s ed...amazing transformation and I love the concept,...indeed great job!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not impressed with Alessandra's editorial at all. (not cause of Alessandra though) Katie Grand has already done that doll concept (with a similar color scheme) for POP Spring Summer 2007. It was called "I'm a Marionette". It's one thing for an editor to rip off another, but for Grand to re-do her own editorial is a huge turn off for me. Especially since "I'm a Marionette" is my all time favorite editorial.

scanned by JR1

I'm not really an Alessandra person, but at least that sort of proves that she's not only a one trick pony in the modelling sense. I really want this magazine, but still no luck tracking it down.

I love Alessandra's editorial. It's very High Fashion! Love it.

I like the Sunsbo ed, but it indeed looks too much like the M&M ed.

alessandras ed is actually quite scary to me. just very surreal...

^ Looks great, but where is it?!

Alessandra's editorial completely fails for me. I like the concept and it's been shot very well but her face is nowhere near versatile enough and I hate the effect on her eyes.
They should have used a model with more of a typical doll face.

I'm really looking forward to reading the interviews with the stylists (Karl, Marie-Amelie and Panos anyway).

I've just received an email about Industrie from the distributor, it is on sale today (28th May)

Alessandra's face is too hard and the makeup/lighting just makes it totally surreal (and not in the good way).

Its finally out and I got my copy. Its oversized - sort of like V. And I don't really like the spine binding/covering. I'll write a review in moment if no one else does.

If it's an editorial, I included the models/styling info, but for interviews I included who it was written by.

When Editors Become Cover Stars
* onversation between Jens Grede and Jack & jil's Tommy Ton
Ph: Tommy Ton
Written: Jens Grede

And the Sofa Goes Where?
* Thomas Lenthal and Victoire de Castellane's apartment
Ph: Kacper Kasprzyk
Written: Murray Healy

Superstylist Interview: Karl Templer
Ph: Craig McDean
Written: Erik Torstensson

Superstylist Interview: Katie Grand
Ph: Willy Vanderperre

Superstylist Interview: Panos Yiapanis
Ph: Inez and Vinoodh

Superstylist Interview: Marie-Amelie Sauve
Ph: Patrick Demarchelier

Get Fit with Rick Owens
Ph: Kacper Kasprzyk

It's the Net, Stupid: Natalie Massenet
* entreprenuer, enterprise Net-a-porter
Ph: Erik Torstensson

Luis Venegas's Obsessions: Luis Venegas
* media entrepreneur
Ph: Olivier Zahm

All the Time Everywhere: Tom Florio
* publishing director for Conde Nast
Ph: Tom Allen
Written: Evanly Schindler

Gile's Greatest Hits Volume I
Model: Alessandra Ambrosio
Ph: Solve Sundsbo
Styling: Katie Grand

Lunch at the Mercer with Patrick Demarchelier
Ph: Victor Demarchelier

How to Look Good Naked
Models: Daria Werbowy, Lara Stone
Ph: Patrick Demarchelier
Styling: (well theres no clothes)

When High Street Became High Fashion
* talking about H&M's first collaboration with Karl Lagerfeld
Ph: Solve Sundsbo

The Allure of Louboutin
Model: Unknown, you only see her face on one page
Ph: Camilla Akrans
Styling: Sissy Vian

Paco Rabanne's Archive
Model: Eniko Mihalik
Ph: Richard Bush
Styling: Sarah Richardson

They also have these one page features named "Industrie likes..." basically a picture with some text underneth or a really short interview. Some of these include "Three Books that Made A Difference" (various people answer including Franca Sozzani, Ben Weller, Vivienne Westwood etc); "Dream Dinner Guests" (various people answer including Caroline Winberg, Victoria Young etc); "An All Knowing Sidekick" (short questions about Oliver Zahm and compares answers between his PA).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->