Janet blacklisted by MTV

Wow, I didn't know MTV had standards of any kind.

That being said, I doubt MTV is doing this by accident, although I'm not really sure if the Super Bowl fiasco is to blame.

KhaoticKharma said:
They have no excuse not to play it. If they play "Unfaithful" by Rhianna and other bad, awful songs they should play all bad, awful songs, including Janet's new one. It just gives me more reason to watch MTV2 and Fuse :D

exactly!!!!! play fair mtv!!!!

It's probably MTV being bitter and getting even for the SuperBowl incident, they probably wouldn't have cared if it weren't for the massive backlash. MTV revels in controversy, when Madonna's Confessions On A Dancefloor came out Im sure they were licking thier chops, off topic, I hope she performs at the VMA's she's the only reason to watch normally.

Why do they pick on Janet and not Justin? Because Justin is actually popular now...

I wouldnt mind seeing the video, I never really cared for any of her music. I bought All For You, that album was horrid, incredibly vulgar and tasteless...

Last edited by a moderator:
Diorling said:
It's probably MTV being bitter and getting even for the SuperBowl incident, they probably wouldn't have cared if it weren't for the massive backlash. MTV revels in controversy, when Madonna's Confessions On A Dancefloor came out Im sure they were licking thier chops, off topic, I hope she performs at the VMA's she's the only reason to watch normally.

Why do they pick on Janet and not Justin? Because Justin is actually popular now...

I wouldnt mind seeing the video, I never really cared for any of her music. I bought All For You, that album was horrid, incredibly vulgar and tasteless...

I'm confused...What does the SuperBowl incident have to do with MTV?

i think for that particular superbowl, MTV lined up the acts, and they were the ones that got fined for the "incident".

If it's true or not, maybe MTV doesn't think she's MTV material these days since she is old and pretty much washed up and is much more VH1 material.

I still don't see the big deal about the superbowl. You have pop stars parading around more naked than that, and films with sex scenes and swearing that can be viewed by 12 year olds. It was just a covered nipple for chrissakes.

Racism, sexism, blah blah.Maybe it's you Janet. Maybe MTV dosen't want to show your quirky, Tron-inspired music videos.

Because if anything, MTV is not one to be a prude. Maybe there's something going on behind the scenes that the public dosen't know about.

All I know is I don't care for either of them. MTV sucks, and old Janet was way better.

I suspect that the public in general is sick of anything Jackson... she's just not a superstar anymore and her family name is synonymous with freak-show appeal now. even her extreem weight loss is freaky.

Justin's new song on the other hand is fresh, catchy and publically aniticipated. Janet just doesn't appeal to the MTV crowd anymore.

this reminds me of when Michael claimed racism by Tommy Matolla when his last album flopped

Jennika said:
I suspect that the public in general is sick of anything Jackson... she's just not a superstar anymore and her family name is synonymous with freak-show appeal now. even her extreem weight loss is freaky.

Justin's new song on the other hand is fresh, catchy and publically aniticipated. Janet just doesn't appeal to the MTV crowd anymore.

this reminds me of when Michael claimed racism by Tommy Matolla when his last album flopped

wow, Michael Jackson is racist :rolleyes: If not, why would he have all those operations?!

That Janet picture is hideous! Who does she think she is? I've just finished Geisha book and gosh, her picture is disgusting! :sick:

i saw the video on youtube..it's terrible. seriously, really bad.

VainJane said:
^ Exactly. I think MTV is trying to get the younger audience like 13 & 14 year-olds.

I totally agree! Not even I (age 24) can remember a hit from her - how should 13&14 year olds deal with her!

Spare the poor kids! :lol:

angel said:
i saw the video on youtube..it's terrible. seriously, really bad.

Yeah I saw it on 106th yesterday, and it was terrible.

You can barely here what she's saying. And I know her singing low is typical Janet, but this is ridiclous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->