Jean Paul Gaultier for Target Australia

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
target.com.au

We are pleased to announce our partnership with iconic international fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier to launch an exclusive range of clothing and homewares in-store next year.

The collection combines Jean Paul Gaultier's unique and quirky style and channels this design ethos into clothing that resonates with the Australian lifestyle and approach to fashion.

Despite no formal training, Jean Paul Gaultier has built a fashion empire internationally and earned himself the reputation as 'the bad boy' of the French fashion industry for his playful and unusual designs inspired by streetwear and popular culture.

Jean Paul Gaultier's exclusive Target collection will be available online and in selected Target stores across Australia early next year.

"I have looked for inspiration in many ways but one of the constants is the street and what people are wearing. I believe in fashion that you can wear every-day not just on a catwalk - which is really what Target stands for at its core - which made it the right retail partner for me to choose to bring this range to market in Australia."

Lots of black-and-white stripes, right?

Gaultier is eternal to me, but a lot of his designs depend so much on his masterful couture-y touch and the luxurious component— whether that be his daft, sharp tailoring and masterful construction, or the use of opulent fabrications— and that’s the point of Gaultier: Couture-y and tailored whimsy. Mass-manufactured and basic construction that are the standard-fare of these discount big-box chains will just cheapen his designs.

I watched the promo video and was keeping my eyes on the motorcycle jacket he was wearing, wondering why Gaultier is wearing such a cheap-looking leather moto— because, his mainline leathers are really that luxurious and well-cut. Then at the end he admits it’s part of the Target-Collar, and it all made sense.

I don’t think this will be good.

so... Gaultier stopped doing RTW so he can do collaborations? he's currently got one running in Japan for 7-11 (RTW and accessories) and now also Target Oz? why no H&M?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->