Jil Sander S/S 11 Milan

amazing!!! this looks so fresh and just right, if you know what i mean. really great!

Wonderful use of colours. Loved the loose fit: the pants were my absolute favourite. Very well done!!

I Loved everything about this, i love how the greens, the oranges and the pinks all merged together and actually instead of looking like a headache, worked in harmony...my favorite milano show hands down

I loved the collection. Pretty similar to the menswear collection, which I loved too! The soundtrack was gorgeous. Does anybody know what it was?

What the hell was that? :lol:
I've never seen such big amount of unflattering things in my whole life
Those block colored HUGE gowns are just nasty and vile,you can put 3 models into one of them and there's still space :lol:
I'm so tired of seeing sacks on the runway :huh:

The colour palette was amazing; it felt completely modern, even though Raf was colour blocking some seasons ago. Thank god he offered some kind of alternative to black / navy / camel, etc.

I'm not sure about the shapes in this collection. It seemed very confused to me in terms of silhouette. The exaggerated shapes, in the pants especially; a nod to the hip hop style (alluded to in the music)?

To me, from instinct and from first sight, I feel Raf is trying to combine extreme classicism (those couture shapes in the dresses that were fitted on top and billowing on the bottom) with some kind of hip hop casual (or perhaps extreme) looseness and attitude, if that makes sense?

this is an extraordinary reinterpretation of menswear's idea, I'm in love of all looks.
the one got navy cutton tee and a fuchsia pant with drapping around the waist is my favorite look.

Apart from the few strictly minimal Jil Sander-style pieces, I didn't really like the collection. Pretty incohesive and I'm not a fan of the long skirts. Fantastic music though, such a dramatic vibe to the show!

So many colors:woot: Very interesting collection.. alothough the colors were really bold it was still very sophisticated and chic!^_^
And well, the music was just too cool! It made me want to watch Psycho:D

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not a fan i hated all those pants and the striped dresses

Colours were nice, few nice pieces, but I hated the baggy pants, the oversized kaftans/maxidresses etc, the silhouettes were horrible and unflattering. It was OK but I wasn't hugely keen.

Loved the music! Io Sono Amore's theme song + busta rhymes, wtf !

The sack striped dresses reminded me of 60s Marimekko and Vuokko.

jil.jpg
jil2.jpg
jil3.jpg
jil4.jpg
jil5.jpg
jil6.jpg
jil7.jpg
jil8.jpg
jil9.jpg
jil10.jpg
jil11.jpg
jil12.jpg
jil13.jpg
jil14.jpg
jil15.jpg

source on the photo

Jil Sander - Spring Summer 2011 - Full Show (Exclusive video on You Tube)

Personally I would never wear colours like this but its good to see Simons to add colour. However some look really cheap and something out of vogue pattern...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->